PDA

View Full Version : Question about Extension and CoreRPG derived rulesets

bzjeurd
June 20th, 2014, 11:54
Hi all,

I'm currently in the developping process of some extensions for the CoreRPG ruleset and CoreRPG based rulesets...

But I noticed that If I only specify the CoreRPG ruleset in the <rulseset> tag, the extension would be only available for this rulseset.
I had a look on the Theme extensions supplied by SmiteWork and all the compatible rulesets are namely listed.

Is there a way to define an Extension that it would be compatible for the CoreRPG ruleset and other derived rulesets without the need of listing all ?

Thanx for your help.

Bz

damned
June 20th, 2014, 13:33
I think <ruleset>Any</ruleset> will do that and i see that the journal extension doesnt specify a ruleset at all...?

Trenloe
June 20th, 2014, 15:00
Is there a way to define an Extension that it would be compatible for the CoreRPG ruleset and other derived rulesets without the need of listing all ?
If you use Any this will be for all rulesets, those that are layered on CoreRPG and those that are not.

There isn't a way to specifically allow an extension to be available for CoreRPG layered rulesets. You have to list them all, which might miss some that have been recently created or use Any which will allow users to load it with an incompatible ruleset.

bzjeurd
June 20th, 2014, 23:25
Thanks guys, I just wanted to be sure there is no other way to include all CoreRPG layered rulesets in the extension compatibility list without adding manually each entries.

I think it would be a nice feature for the futur that FG could read the <importruleset> tag in the base.xml file of a ruleset and display automatically the compatible extensions.
Oops... forget this, as the 80% of recent rulesets should be based on CoreRPG... :)

Bz.