PDA

View Full Version : 3.5E - Effect targeting not working?

M_A_G_O
June 18th, 2014, 22:55
Hi, in the new version of FG, the specific targeting for effects isnīt working, i am trying to drag the target bottom over an enemy in the combat tracker but nothing happens.

How could it be fixed?

Thank you!!

MODERATOR: Moved to a thread specific to this issue within the House of Healing forum.

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2014, 05:41
I just loaded up my test campaign, and it's working for me.

Can you disable any extensions that are loading with your campaign, and try again? There are reports of a couple community extensions that modify effects which are not working with the latest version. They need to be updated by the community devs.

Regards,
JPG

M_A_G_O
June 19th, 2014, 11:35
I just made the test in mine and itīs working..., and i have disabled all the .ext

I suppose i am doing sth wrong...

Thanks anyway Moon Wizard

M_A_G_O
June 19th, 2014, 16:24
I am talking about the Pathfinder ruleset, maybe in others it works

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 16:31
I am talking about the Pathfinder ruleset, maybe in others it works
Pathfinder uses 99.9% of the 3.5e ruleset - in fact it is build on top of the 3.5E ruleset, the 0.1% difference is not related to effects targeting so the way that works is exactly the same in the PF or 3.5E ruleset. Hence why I created this thread specifying the ruleset as 3.5E when I moved your original post here.

Note that you can only target certain effects, those with a (T) in the notes column in the user guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects#Modifiers

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 16:43
Although I must admit that I'm struggling to get effects targeting to work.

Steps taken:

Started a new 3.0.4 live 3.5E campaign.
Opened the 3.5E Monsters module and dragged an Ape to the combat tracker.
Made a new basic PC (just a name and a sword in the actions tab).
Dragged PC to combat tracker.
Added ATL:2 effect to PC
Tried to target the effect on the Ape by dragging the effect target cross-hairs to the ape in the combat tracker - it didn't show that the effect was targeted.
Added tokens to the PC and Ape on the CT, dragged the tokens to a new blank map, tried dragging the effect target cross-hairs from the PC effect in the CT to the Ape token on the map. Still not effect targeting.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 16:47
I just made the test in mine and itīs working..., and i have disabled all the .ext
I'm confused - are you saying that effect targeting is now working OK or you?

Trenloe
June 20th, 2014, 00:18
This now works for me in 3.0.5 - awesome super quick fix and update! :)

M_A_G_O
June 20th, 2014, 15:23
I'm confused - are you saying that effect targeting is now working OK or you?

I meant "isnīt working", an error

This now works for me in 3.0.5 - awesome super quick fix and update! :)

Yes, now it works. What is not working, at least for me, is the alignments...

https://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u547/M_A_G_O/Capturadepantalla2014-06-20alas161706_zpsfef489a2.png (https://s1321.photobucket.com/user/M_A_G_O/media/Capturadepantalla2014-06-20alas161706_zpsfef489a2.png.html)

In this picture we can see three attacks of a paladin with smite evil. The first one against a neutral enemy, everything ok. The second one against an evil creature, but whom we donīt have targeted, normal attack, everything ok. But, the problem comes with the third one, an attack against an evil creature we are targeting with smite evil, it appears in the attack "+3 effect", but, it isnīt added to the attack...

so smite evil goes on failing in my FG...

Trenloe
June 20th, 2014, 16:43
In this picture we can see three attacks of a paladin with smite evil. The first one against a neutral enemy, everything ok. The second one against an evil creature, but whom we donīt have targeted, normal attack, everything ok. But, the problem comes with the third one, an attack against an evil creature we are targeting with smite evil, it appears in the attack "+3 effect", but, it isnīt added to the attack...

so smite evil goes on failing in my FG...
You don't see the effects added to the dice roll for targeted effects rolled against a target. The effect is not added to the roll, but it is included in the resolution (hit/miss). More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20847-Beta-release-v3-0-4&p=173898&viewfull=1#post173898

M_A_G_O
June 20th, 2014, 22:19
Ok Trenloe, thank you very much for the answer.

All clear!!