PDA

View Full Version : 4e Dragging "Tool Tips" (?) to Chat

Yospeck
June 18th, 2014, 21:49
Not entirely sure what you would call them, but the little red boxes that appear next to powers, feats, items, etc. It would seem at one point my players could drag and drop these onto the chat channel so that other players could check them out. It's something that I as the DM am still able to do, but now they cant.

Am I crazy were they never able to do it in the first place (we all swear we've done it previously).

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2014, 02:47
Players can do this only if they "own" the record. In most rulesets, players only own their character sheet data; so they should only be able to share data from characters they own. If a record has been shared with them (NPC, note, etc.), they can not share it with others.

What is the player trying to share?

Regards,
JPG

Yospeck
June 19th, 2014, 07:31
We wanted them to be able to drag the powers from their characters sheet (which is taken from the rulebook modules) so that when they use a power they can show it to other players so we get used to what each other can do.

Griogre
June 19th, 2014, 17:44
You players can do what you want by double clicking on the name of the power in either the character sheet or mini sheet (the DM can do this as well). This will display who double clicked and the body text of the power. I have the players do this with new characters so they can see what each other can do and it works 95% of the time with the problems being when you need to see if the power is an immediate interrupt, an immediate reaction, opportunity action or free action. If you need to see that the power needs to be opened via the link and the top power headers looked at.

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2014, 23:30
I'm not sure about whether it was possible before, but it is now.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21421-Release-v3-0-5

Regards,
JPG