PDA

View Full Version : Reference Manual windowclass for 3.5E/PFRPG (Extension)

RTFallen
June 18th, 2014, 21:00
This extension adds the "reference_manual" windowclass from 4E ruleset to 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets.

Version: 1.3

Download: 7219

Changes from the 4E ruleset version:

Reduced the minimum size to 500.
Increased minimum height to 500.
Using "referencemanualtext" windowclass instead of "referencetextwide" windowclass.
Color of flags for chapters and sections changed.
Added a name tag before the chapters to allow for custom naming of the window.
Removed the close button for the inner window. The script automatically closes inner windows before opening a new window.

Other thoughts/Possible Updates:
Thinking about adding a two tier and single tier versions to the extension, but before I do that I have some modules that need some work.

Photo:
6878 7052

Credits:
Original code by SmiteWorks USA, LLC.

Thanks JPG for pointing me in the right direction.

Compatible Modules
(If anyone makes a module that makes use of this extension let me know in the comments.)

PFRPG Advanced Race Guide (RM Version) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21255-PFRPG-Advanced-Race-Guide-Module)

Updates: 20 Jul, 2014

Added referencemanualfeat windowclass.
Removed the search bar until I can get it working. Currently causing the list to bug when the search field is cleared.
Removed the close button for the inner window. The script automatically closes inner windows before opening a new window.

Complete update list here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?23-Reference-Manual-windowclass-Updates).

How To Use

windowclass: reference_manual
windowclass: referencemanualtext (used in the article listlink)
windowclass: referencemanualfeat (used in the article listlink)

Librarylink:

<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>reference_manual</class>
<recordname>PATH TO RECORD</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">LINK NAME</name>

Listlink:

<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>reference_manual</class>
</listlink>
<name type="string">LINK NAME</name>

Link:

<link class="refrence_manual" recordname="PATH TO RECORD">LINK NAME</link>

Code Structure:

<manualElement>
<name type="string">NAME</name>
<chapter>
<chapterElement1>
<name type="string">CHAPTER NAME</name>
<section>
<sectionElement1>
<name type="string">SECTION NAME</name>
<article>
<articleElement1>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>referencemanualtext</class>
</listlink>
<name type="string">ARTICLE NAME</name>
</articleElement1>
<articleElement2>
</articleElement2>
</article>
</sectionElement1>
<sectionElement2>
</sectionElement2>
</section>
</chapterElement1>
<chapterElement2>
</chapterElement2>
</chapter>
</manualElement>

Bidmaron
June 20th, 2014, 03:29
Well done, RTFallen! It looks quite nice. I've never played 4E (and won't, nor 5E), so I really appreciate what you've done.

RTFallen
June 20th, 2014, 03:53
Well done, RTFallen! It looks quite nice. I've never played 4E (and won't, nor 5E), so I really appreciate what you've done.

Your welcome, hope you enjoy it.

Resire

Callum
June 20th, 2014, 13:02
That's really handy, Resire - thanks very much! Does the "scroll" frame have to appear in the right-hand panel? It looks a little busy to me, and I think I'd prefer it without that extra, internal frame. What do you think?

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2014, 21:11
RTFallen,

Does this use the same data structure as the 4E version? I was thinking about possibly merging something similar into CoreRPG.

I agree with Callum on the embedded frame being distracting.

Thanks,
JPG

RTFallen
June 20th, 2014, 22:10
That's really handy, Resire - thanks very much! Does the "scroll" frame have to appear in the right-hand panel? It looks a little busy to me, and I think I'd prefer it without that extra, internal frame. What do you think?

I can create a new windowframe that doesn't that uses the groupbox frame instead.

Resire

RTFallen
June 20th, 2014, 22:12
RTFallen,

Does this use the same data structure as the 4E version? I was thinking about possibly merging something similar into CoreRPG.

I agree with Callum on the embedded frame being distracting.

Thanks,
JPG

It uses the exact same structure. The only thing that will change is the windowclass used in the listlink to get rid of the scroll.

Resire

RTFallen
June 20th, 2014, 22:41
Added a new windowclass using the groupbox frame for a quick fix. Will look into other options, then update when I figure something out.

Resire

sukEEt
June 21st, 2014, 13:04
i tried making this work, but i am not sure what i need to do beyond copying this extention to my extention folder? sorry to be such a noob, but could someone herlp me out?

RTFallen
June 21st, 2014, 14:35
i tried making this work, but i am not sure what i need to do beyond copying this extention to my extention folder? sorry to be such a noob, but could someone herlp me out?

You would have to make or have a module that makes use of the windowclass this extension adds.
Right now I think the only module that uses it is my Advanced Race Guide (RM Version). It can be downloaded here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21255-PFRPG-Advanced-Race-Guide-Module) if you want to see how the windowclass works.

Resire

M_A_G_O
June 22nd, 2014, 22:09
RTFallen, a pair of questions, and please, forgive my endless ignorance..

-What is the purpose or the utility of this extension?, i have just started my FG with it, i havenīt noticed any difference.
-In your picture, which .mod is that, cause all my PFRPG modules are different from it, is like a "core", with races and so on, but completely different from mine

Thank you!!

RTFallen
June 22nd, 2014, 22:30
RTFallen, a pair of questions, and please, forgive my endless ignorance..

-What is the purpose or the utility of this extension?, i have just started my FG with it, i havenīt noticed any difference.
-In your picture, which .mod is that, cause all my PFRPG modules are different from it, is like a "core", with races and so on, but completely different from mine

Thank you!!

It's tied to my PFRPG Advanced Race Guide (RM Version) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21255-PFRPG-Advanced-Race-Guide-Module), as far as I know that is currently the only module that makes use of this extension.

Resire

RTFallen
June 22nd, 2014, 22:34
Added a "Compatible Modules" section to the first post.

Resire

RTFallen
June 23rd, 2014, 04:59
Updated

Right column has been altered to appear more seamless.

Resire

M_A_G_O
June 24th, 2014, 15:45
I must be doing something in the wrong way cause i see the Advanced Race Guide exactly the same with or without this extension...

https://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u547/M_A_G_O/Capturadepantalla2014-06-24alas164224_zpsa82c4db3.png (https://s1321.photobucket.com/user/M_A_G_O/media/Capturadepantalla2014-06-24alas164224_zpsa82c4db3.png.html)

Any idea?

Trenloe
June 24th, 2014, 16:15
I must be doing something in the wrong way cause i see the Advanced Race Guide exactly the same with or without this extension...
You need to use a different module - the "RM Version".

M_A_G_O
June 24th, 2014, 19:13
You need to use a different module - the "RM Version".

Thank you very much Trenloe, everything solved!!

https://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u547/M_A_G_O/Capturadepantalla2014-06-24alas200617_zpscd44e574.png (https://s1321.photobucket.com/user/M_A_G_O/media/Capturadepantalla2014-06-24alas200617_zpscd44e574.png.html)

RTFallen
July 20th, 2014, 12:17
Updated

Added referencemanualfeat windowclass.
Removed the search bar until I can get it working. Currently causing the list to bug when the search field is cleared.

The referencemanualfeat windowclass is being used in a future update of PFRPG Advanced Race Guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21255-PFRPG-Advanced-Race-Guide-Module).

Resire

RTFallen
August 7th, 2014, 22:37
Updated: Extension packaged wrong. Fixed.

Resire

Samarex
December 4th, 2015, 00:51
Does anyone know if RTFallen is still active with this extension? I have a problem and wanted to address him with it but not getting answers from him

dulux-oz
December 4th, 2015, 01:08
Does anyone know if RTFallen is still active with this extension? I have a problem and wanted to address him with it but not getting answers from him

Apparently RT's on a "leave of absence" and I don't know when he's going t re-surface again, although I hope its soon.

Cheers

Trenloe
December 4th, 2015, 02:32
Nope. He hasn't visited these forums for 14 months. Someone will need to address any issues with the extension.

Samarex
December 4th, 2015, 04:20
I found a problem and can't figure it out, or just maybe the way I'm using it....not sure. But I don't think it should do this.

If you have more that 1 Module active that uses your windowclass it shows both module's information.
Sample Mod 1 only Active. (Shows Only information in Sample Mod 1)

Sample Mod 2 only Active. (Shows Only information in Sample Mod 2)

But with
Sample Mod 1 Active
Sample Mod 2 Active

Opening Sample Mod 1 (Information from both Sample Mod 1 and Sample Mod 2 show)
Opening Sample Mod 2 (Information from both Sample Mod 1 and Sample Mod 2 show)

But After I sent this to RtFallen I remembered that something else was acting the same way. So not sure if it its the extension or the ruleset causing it.

Last week I was working with equipment tables. And if I had my mod generate a weapons table that had a mix of information in my mod and pulling information from the default ruleset mod (3.5E-basicrules.mod) then all my weapon Groups would double up. So to fix it I had to just have all the information in my mod and not use the ruleset mod.

Thank you
RJC

Trenloe
December 10th, 2015, 06:45
Opening Sample Mod 1 (Information from both Sample Mod 1 and Sample Mod 2 show)
Opening Sample Mod 2 (Information from both Sample Mod 1 and Sample Mod 2 show)
Check the merge ID of the modules - if it's the same, then the module data will be merged together. See "Merge ID" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

Talyn
August 11th, 2016, 01:20
::NECRO:: :)

So, I wasn't around when this extension was written. However, since I've noticed most (all?) of the WotC 5E items have Reference Manuals I've been curious how to code those. I notice CoreRPG does load in a ref_manual.xml which appears to have a lot (all?) of what this extension did/does but no actual documentation. Anyone willing to pony up the non-extension XML? :)