PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for SW ETU Degrees of Horror

Weblya
June 17th, 2014, 07:48
I'm casting this out a good 2-3 weeks before I expect to really start the campaign up. If things gel more quickly than I expect, I may fill in some of the intervening time with some one-offs like Chickens in the Mist or similar. I've found that Savage Worlds is a very easy system to pick up, so no experience is necessary. I've GM'd a fair bit of Savage Worlds, though my experience GMing in FG is somewhat limited, so there will be a learning curve for player's to tolerate. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or reply.

FG License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: Central Time
Day of week and time: TBD
Planned start date: Early/Mid July
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Like most plot points, the campaign could go fairly long, taking characters from orientation through graduation in-game. (novice through heroic)

Text or Voice: Mostly text, some voice may be used if it proves to be needed.
Voice software used: Skype, likely
Roleplay & Combat mix: Hard to say...
Number of Players in game & needed: no current players, I'd like 4-6 when all is said and done. I'm casting a wide net since I expect a lot of folks to drop away before and shortly after the first session. If a lot of folks do stay with it, I will likely start a second cohort of players in the same campaign.
Character starting level & equipment: novice
Character restrictions: Freshmen students only

Details of your scenario: The kickstarter page probably describes the setting better than I can, so take a look. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/east-texas-university-savage-worlds

It's basically modern horror mixed with collegiate shenanigans in the small east Texas town of Pinebox.

I'm looking for folks who would enjoy a modern horror game. Things won't always be horrific, but you probably shouldn't mind losing a character now and again. In addition, I've found that with plot point campaigns in general a certain amount of give and take between players and GM can really bring the campaign to life. Players who take a little time considering goals and motivations for their characters and sharing them with me can be a big help.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1206

VenomousFiligree
June 17th, 2014, 07:57
Intetested depending on day / time.

Mask_of_winter
June 17th, 2014, 12:59
If it weren't for the fact that I'll most definitely GM it myself, I'd probably join depending on time and day. In any case, good luck running this!

ballan4
June 17th, 2014, 16:25
Damn, I missed the kickstarter by a few days. I might be interested depending on the day/time.

dragonbait
June 17th, 2014, 20:13
I'm interested but I have not played savage world before. I have plenty of experience with d&d/pathfinder though. I would like to try it out though if there's no problem with that.

Weblya
June 17th, 2014, 20:26
Shouldn't be any problem. Savage Worlds is one of the easier systems to learn once you get around the basic dice mechanic of exploding dice, and taking the higher of your two dice rolled.

Tentatively I'm looking at 1PM CDT (UTC-6) on Mondays, or doing Saturday afternoons every other week. But we'll see what people can do once I have a few on the calendar.

ballan4
June 17th, 2014, 21:01
Mondays are good for me right now and the time is good as well.

Savage Worlds is a very easy system to learn. Plus it's rules light and quick to play.

Weblya
June 17th, 2014, 22:07
Apply on the calendar here if you like, I'm starting to share some information there as well.

ballan4
June 17th, 2014, 22:21
Applied on the calendar. Ready for more info

Weblya
June 18th, 2014, 07:29
I sent you a PM ballan, and accepted you on the calendar, so you should see everything you need between them. Prod me if there's an issue, however.