PDA

View Full Version : Bless

VenomousFiligree
June 16th, 2014, 17:18
Am I reading the 5E effects correctly, in that attack rolls can have a number or a dice modifier, but saves can only have numbers?

If so Bless gives a d4 modifier to both attack rolls and saves, so can't be usef correctly?

Eru the One
June 17th, 2014, 07:26
I tried "SAVE: 1d4" as an effect and the d4 was added to STR/DEX/etc rolls.

Irondrake
June 19th, 2014, 03:18
Yes, you should be able to apply most spells that modify hit (atk), damage (dmg), or saves as effects and it should function correctly. Check the Wiki link at the top of this site for a 5E Ruleset guide to effects.

VenomousFiligree
June 20th, 2014, 20:58
Having trouble at the moment, is there a video guide?

Irondrake
June 21st, 2014, 22:02
I don't have a video but I can show you what the effect looks like for my Bless spell. Here you go...this picture shows how I set up the effect for bless and once applied how it works when making a save or an attack roll (you can see the effect in chat). Most spells with damage will parse and set themselves up, but special spells like this you have to set the effect up yourself. Hope that helps.

El Condoro
June 22nd, 2014, 00:09
Is the effect set up in the same place as the spell or separately because I can't see how to set up the effect. I can get the spell in the Powers sheet OK.

Irondrake
June 22nd, 2014, 04:19
Once you add the spell to the PC, click the magnifying glass. It will have an Attack/Save line in it. You can right click around there and you will see the radial menu. You should be able to add the effect there. Then you can delete the Attack/Save because you won't need it for bless. I can post another picture showing what I mean if this doesn't make sense.

El Condoro
June 22nd, 2014, 05:22
No, that makes perfect sense - it was the right-click radial menu I didn't know about. I'll look out for it in other places, too - I assume it is used elsewhere, too. Cheers

Irondrake
June 22nd, 2014, 15:22
Yes, fairly extensively. Look for the magnifying glass anywhere you think there should be more information. It collapses the sheet to keep it tidy. The radial menu is used throughout Fantasy Grounds when multiple options make sense. :)