PDA

View Full Version : 5E in a Custom/HomeBrew World

GunnarGreybeard
June 16th, 2014, 06:20
Just curious how many others out there plan to use the new 5E but NOT in the proscribed campaign world?

I see its geared towards Forgotten Realms but am seriously considering using it with HarnWorld since that's my preferred world system but I know I'm going to have to do some serious modifying of the D20 Harn Guide documents I found to make it fit. I will also need to tweak it to be more low magic but that part shouldn't be a problem.

I anticipate seeing it used in Greyhawk as well.

Griogre
June 16th, 2014, 08:02
I'll probably use it in my heavily modified Judge's Guild world. I doubt there will be any problems converting to any sword and sorcery world.

Irondrake
June 19th, 2014, 03:22
I've been using my own setting with it since the start of the public playtest. I will continue to do so with one campaign, but I plan to support official D&D Adventure's League play with my second campaign...so that one will be Forgotten Realms/Tyranny of Dragons. Most likely my Wednesday game will be the one starting that up :)

Griogre
June 19th, 2014, 17:34
I just wanted to mention there are eight free 5E adventures made from the Playtest rules that should be easy to convert to Basic D&D when the monsters are released. They are from an En World contest to design adventures for D&D Next and are 1st to 7th level.

You can download them here: https://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?categoryid=38