PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Weird Wars Rome [Savage Worlds]

Mask_of_winter
June 16th, 2014, 01:04
Weird Wars Rome is a military horror setting for Savage Worlds. Players take on the role of legionnaires in the Roman army who face the horrors of war and the resulting "weird" that come from it.
In 142 A.D. The Romans began the construction of the Antonine Wall in Caledonia (Scotland). This was the second wall in the territory, pushing further north than Hadrian's Wall along the border between Britannia and Caledonia.
Eight years later, you are part of Legio IV stationed in Caledonia and manning one of the sixteen forts along the wall still in construction used to protect the border. You are far from home and you might become "Boared to Death".

I've got two spots left for this one-shot on Thursday June 19th at 7pm to 9:30pm EDT (UTC-4/New York). The plan is to kick the tires on this setting and find players I like to game with. I plan on starting a new campaign in this time slot later this summer. So consider it a feeler. Turns out players don't like the GM and GM doesn't like some players sometime. So before everybody commits to something I'm giving myself and the players the chance to see if there's chemistry.
We will be using pre-gens and the community's TS server for voice chat. So you don't need to prep for anything. Just have a mic/headset (there's only one thing I hate worst than echo and it's the echo of my own voice! lol) and show up. Connection information will forwarded to everybody once the group for this session is put together.

Sign up on this calendar to RSVP: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1204

If you have any questions, use this thread or pm me.

Unbutu
June 16th, 2014, 01:50
Oooooohh god. It's gonna be fun because I'll be there. It's gonna be fun because you'll be there. It's gonna be fun because you, hesitant future teamate, is gonna join the army, NOW !

Hey Mask, is being "Boared to Death" the thing where actual boars trample you to death because the wilderness is too wild ? Or you meant ''bored'', as in ''not being trampled to death because there's nothing hapenning''

Mask_of_winter
June 16th, 2014, 01:55
Good question. I guess you'll find out Thursday my friend ;) muahahaha muahahaha

Old Man Trouble
June 16th, 2014, 02:04
This sounds like fun. I like the day/time as well, though I've never played in the Savage Worlds rule set.

I did have a question: As I'm unfamiliar with the setting itself, where might it be within the historic <-> fantastic scale? It won't change my interest. I'm just curious.

Mask_of_winter
June 16th, 2014, 02:19
Writers have done their research. So it's based on historical events. And then the setting fills in the blanks with evil mages, undead, druids, angry spirits and demons, cults like the Horns of Baal, etc...

Drater Repus
June 16th, 2014, 03:41
Sounds like an awesome game! I've played pnp SW before, but this will be my first FG game!

ballan4
June 16th, 2014, 07:51
You'll have Fun Drater, Mask is a good GM.

dragonbait
June 16th, 2014, 12:38
I have not tried SW before but have played D&D and pathfinder plenty. I would be interested in trying it out.

damned
June 16th, 2014, 12:52
Hey Mask, is being "Boared to Death" the thing where actual boars trample you to death because the wilderness is too wild ? Or you meant ''bored'', as in ''not being trampled to death because there's nothing hapenning''

Spoiler alert! Take a sneak peek at the screenshot...

Mask_of_winter
June 16th, 2014, 12:55
Hi dragonbait! Right now, it appears this game is full. In the event that someone drops out, you're the first in line!

And welcome Drater and Old Man Trouble! Looking forward to game with you.

Mask_of_winter
June 16th, 2014, 13:07
Spoiler alert! Take a sneak peek at the screenshot...

Hush! lol

Old Man Trouble
June 16th, 2014, 14:40
I'm looking forwards to it as well. Also, wow did that fill up quick!

Mask_of_winter
June 16th, 2014, 15:44
New game information added to the calendar under the GM Announcements intitled "Introducing the pre-gens". I encourage you to check it out.

Unbutu
June 16th, 2014, 19:45
Hush! lol

I'm totally making a ranger, favored ennemy ''xxxxxxx'' :P

Unbutu
June 16th, 2014, 21:57
Roman names:
https://www.novaroma.org/nr/Choosing_a_Roman_name
https://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/ancient-roman

Mortar
June 17th, 2014, 00:33
If that screenshot is any indication I can live with boars....just as long as there are no puppets......

I really hate puppets

Mask_of_winter
June 17th, 2014, 00:44
If that screenshot is any indication I can live with boars....just as long as there are no puppets......

I really hate puppets

I've found your weakness *weg*

*starts statting out boar puppets*

Old Man Trouble
June 17th, 2014, 01:33
*drops a link*

https://www.axtell.com/horton.html

*runs away*

Mask_of_winter
June 17th, 2014, 01:51
*claps hands* Well done! lol
You had me laughing out loud for real with this one.

There goes my hopes of establishing a horror atmosphere though. lol

Mortar
June 17th, 2014, 02:01
Imma invent the repeating crossbow.....then it will all be good :P

Mask_of_winter
June 17th, 2014, 14:13
Yet another update to the calendar. This time with server info and TS instructions. My server should be up most of the time from now until game time. Please attempt to connect before then to speed up the transfer of the necessary files to your FG client. Once the character selection window comes up the transfer is complete and you will be good to go on Thursday. Also, feel free to play around with your character sheet and read up on the Savage Worlds or Weird Wars Rome rules if you want to. They will be located in the library.

damned
June 17th, 2014, 14:46
I've found your weakness *weg*

*starts statting out boar puppets*

*were* puppets.

Mortar
June 17th, 2014, 15:51
Hey now.....he doesn't need your help.....lol

Ironskul
June 17th, 2014, 23:22
Man that sounds like fun. Too bad I'll be hanging out with old friends at a con Thur-Sunday. I'll keep an eye out in case you decide to run it again.

Mortar
June 18th, 2014, 03:24
Joined the server and the files are cached. This is going to be a lot of fun.

Mask_of_winter
June 19th, 2014, 22:57
We had a last minute drop out. If you wanted to join before when it was full here's your chance. Sign up on the calendar and follow the instructions.

Mask_of_winter
June 20th, 2014, 02:24
Thanks to all the players for tonight's game. You made it a success!

Smart decision to take the fight to them by the way. The next fight inside the fort was designed to be a tpk battle :D

Unbutu
June 20th, 2014, 04:42
Thanks to all the players for tonight's game. You made it a success!

Smart decision to take the fight to them by the way. The next fight inside the fort was designed to be a tpk battle :D

What is TPK ?

Yeah that ambush in their camp was a slaughter ! Made sense to bring the fight because the Jaded Decanus just wants wars to end asap :P

Thanks to you for running it !

Edit: GF Audrey the Stalker is thankfull that she was allowed to lurk around :)

Mortar
June 20th, 2014, 04:48
TPK = Total Party Kill

It was blast to play. The way we started off rolling, the fight in our fort could have wiped us out. Definitely a whole lot more interesting taking the fight to them.