PDA

View Full Version : Loading information

lokiare
June 15th, 2014, 06:40
I've taken the JPG 4E ruleset and am creating another ruleset based on it. What kind of information do I need to change before releasing it like the load screen info and what else?

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2014, 21:02
Are you just talking about the details that show up in the launcher (which are all located at the top of base.xml)?

Or are you talking about getting the ruleset on the wiki?

Or something else?

Cheers ,
JPG

lokiare
June 16th, 2014, 14:01
Are you just talking about the details that show up in the launcher (which are all located at the top of base.xml)?

Or are you talking about getting the ruleset on the wiki?

Or something else?

Cheers ,
JPG

Well, just everything that needs to be changed. I'm not sure if this rule set will go on the wiki. I'm actually making it for someone else who has the final say.

What I've changed so far is the license. I basically said everything modified by me was copyrighted to me, but everything else was copyright SmiteWorks. Then I changed the startup info which now say something like "13th Age rule set by Lokiare, based on 4E Rule set by JPG copyright smiteworks except where modified which is copyright Lokiare."

I'm just wondering legally and what is polite what should be changed to make it a separate rule set.

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2014, 18:50
In addition to the base.xml data which is shown in the launcher, I usually include a readme.txt file with copyright details referenced by each XML/Lua file. Those are the only places we cover copyright or licensing.

The rest of the changes are all based on the technical details of the ruleset (graphics and features).

Cheers,
JPG