PDA

View Full Version : d20 Modern Update for 3.0

sciencephile
June 15th, 2014, 01:41
Just curious if there is going to be an update to the d20 modern ruleset. I purchased the d20 modern ruleset and plan on modifying it for my Stargate game but I didn't want to update an old one if a new 3.0 Core-based one was coming out soon. Thanks.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2014, 02:51
Currently, d20 Modern is not scheduled for update, though it is on the list along with all the store rulesets. Typically, we go back to the original developer to update, but this one is one of the older ones without a current developer.

Regards,
JPG

sciencephile
June 15th, 2014, 04:24
Okay, thanks.

My major project is ending in four days so I should be getting a little less busy than before. I can try to take a crack at it. If I get a version 3 up and running that seems quality enough, I will let you know, JPG.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2014, 20:59
I haven't looked at it in detail, but I assume you can import from CoreRPG and drop in charsheet, NPC, item and reference classes to get a quick and dirty update.

Then, it's most likely fine tuning graphics and and roll/rules automation. Plus you can most likely borrow heavily from 3.5E.

Looking forward to seeing what you do. Let me know if you have questions.

JPG

sciencephile
June 15th, 2014, 22:33
That's what I was planning :) It may take a month or two. I will PM you when it is finished.