PDA

View Full Version : Game Calendar Cleanup..

Blackfoot
June 12th, 2014, 20:49
I know I've seen it discussed before but it would be nice if the Game Calendar had some auto-cleanup functions.
There are a ton of games on there with no GM activity within the last year.
For PF Society games they are usually run and done within 2 or 3 weeks of posting... so any of those listed beyond a few months are definitely deletable.

Would it be possible to add some sort of auto-remove function to it based on GM activity?

For Gaming Groups that are using the calendar to discuss their game and so forth.. there really are better functions on the forum for this... creating a 'Group' will let them have discussions that send out email notifications and share images or whatever.. without being part of a public forum or sharing their discussions on the game calendar that doesn't notify players when there is a new message.

If GM activity does NOT include scheduling games.. then that is a problem that probably should be addressed, as certainly a game that is using the calendar to schedule games regularly shouldn't be auto-deleted.

ballan4
June 13th, 2014, 01:14
It would be nice to have a clean calendar. I've been finding games from 2011 with no activity that are still accepting players. It would be nice if it could be updated.

GunnarGreybeard
June 13th, 2014, 06:22
I'm with you guys. I'd really like to see that cleaned up especially with the influx of new blood from Steam. To them it probably makes things looks really disorganized around here. If nothing else, games with no activity for at least 2-3+ years should be cleansed, at least to start.

Nylanfs
June 13th, 2014, 13:35
Would it be possible to add a "Expected End Date" field that defaults to say a year from when the game is started. Then if the game is coninuting and needs new players the GM can update this value.

ddavison
June 13th, 2014, 15:05
I flipped all campaigns that have their last activity older than 6 months old over to private campaigns. I will set up a regular job to run this nightly. This removed 145 old entries from the calendar.

If you don't want your campaign to revert to private, then please keep it updated. Let me know if you think 6 months is too long. I could shorten it to 4 months or less.

ballan4
June 13th, 2014, 15:16
Thanks Doug, it really looks a lot better now. Should make it easier to find the games now. I really appreciate it.

JohnD
June 13th, 2014, 19:20
Looks a lot better and more active now.