PDA

View Full Version : Superheroes Companion power/char sheet problem

Madagain
June 12th, 2014, 02:05
I am pretty new to FG and SW. I was helping a couple friends make characters and running them through some sample combat last night and I ran into a problem. One of the characters had the healing power chosen and when I asked him to roll the power from his character sheet it came up as a unskilled roll. I looked everywhere I could think of but other than associating the power with fighting, shooting or throwing I could not find a way to make it work as the appropriate die + wild die. I could fudge it as straight die rolls and get to the result but when everything else works nice and smooth it is jarring to break away from the action and worry about the mechanics.

Also the "Mini" character sheet with the attack portion opened seems to cut off the bottom with more than 4 entries it was not showing anything past that and the bottom of the frame was missing for everyone.

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/MadAuld/minisheet_zpscfda954b.jpg (https://s1060.photobucket.com/user/MadAuld/media/minisheet_zpscfda954b.jpg.html)

The headquarters button added by the superpowers companion opens a broken window with the following errors;

Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (tabs) in windowclass (hq)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (tabs) in windowclass (hq)

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/MadAuld/hqwin_zpsa5c398c3.jpg (https://s1060.photobucket.com/user/MadAuld/media/hqwin_zpsa5c398c3.jpg.html)

Any help is appreciated. If you need anymore info from me just let me know here.

Thanks!

Trenloe
June 12th, 2014, 02:09
Type /ver in the chat window - what version do you see?

Madagain
June 12th, 2014, 02:17
Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.5.1 (Build 1)

I also tested without anything other than the Headquarters extension loaded and both windows still have the problems.

Mgrancey
June 12th, 2014, 03:15
Hmmm. Not sure on issue. Just double checked my original release version of HQ that I am running, same version, and it works fine.

I'll double check on the Healing power roll problem, but I've been rather busy with work the last couple of weeks and expect the next couple of days to be the same. It will probably be Sunday before I am able to really sit down with it.

Madagain
June 12th, 2014, 04:03
I appreciate it.

Nothing is gamebreaking at this point so whenever you get a chance is fine.

Mgrancey
July 6th, 2014, 21:33
I am pretty new to FG and SW. I was helping a couple friends make characters and running them through some sample combat last night and I ran into a problem. One of the characters had the healing power chosen and when I asked him to roll the power from his character sheet it came up as a unskilled roll. I looked everywhere I could think of but other than associating the power with fighting, shooting or throwing I could not find a way to make it work as the appropriate die + wild die. I could fudge it as straight die rolls and get to the result but when everything else works nice and smooth it is jarring to break away from the action and worry about the mechanics.

Alright, sorry about delay in getting back to you. I've been over thinking the problem concerning the powers an messing with the XML rather than looking at Savage Worlds and FG. So quick lesson on Super Powers and Savage Worlds, and Savage Worlds in FG.

There are in fact two disconnects about this problem.

There isn't an extension to alter Super Powers from the original version. The Original version of AB: Super Powers is one power which is connected to a matching skill and you have 20 PP for that one power. SWC Super Powers: introduced an alternate version of AB: Super Powers that works differently. None have an activation cost except as a cost modifier; Some have Attributes or Skills rolls but only to be successful on using it not on activating it. Attack Melee uses fighting, Attack Ranged uses shooting or throwing, however since their names aren't Fighting, Shooting, or Throwing. You have to set them manually. Mechanically, Healing was actually Healing (5), so in effect removing the '(5)' will cause it to roll the Skill Healing.

I should also point out that with the Super Powers 2nd Ed., you don't make a Healing roll, you make a Spirit roll.

After looking at HQ extension, it seems like that it had been fixed up a bit as mine looks more like this:

And while the NEW button seems have broken again you can see it looks somewhat different.

ianmward
July 21st, 2014, 12:22
I too, have paid for the Supers Companion only to find that it has errors.

What's the story? Will they be fixed?

This thread was started over a month ago and there's no suggestion of a fix...

Ian

Ikael
July 22nd, 2014, 21:44
I too, have paid for the Supers Companion only to find that it has errors.

What's the story? Will they be fixed?

This thread was started over a month ago and there's no suggestion of a fix...

Ian

I am not the developer of this product, but I have seen the codebase and issues are fixable. Maybe they are fixed already? Have you tried to update your products via FG update? One thing to mention is that in current released version there is no way to detect what development version you are using so it's hard to detect if you're using older version. Anyways, try updating and if you still run on issues, report them here, or to smiteworks support email (_anyone remembering please place it here_). Could developer/smiteworks comment on this? I don't have have the product so I cannot do the double-checking myself, sorry

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2014, 22:13
[email protected]

ianmward
July 22nd, 2014, 23:46
Thanks Ikael,

First off, having re-read my post, it appears that I come across as a bit too agressive, sorry all.

This product is (apparently) on of the ones not yet ported to the auto update system, so it has to be downloaded and installed, so your suggestion, unfortunately, won't work in this case.

Having said that, immediately after my post Mgrancey (developer?) sent me a PM offering to help, so there is hope.

Cheers,

Ian

ddavison
July 31st, 2014, 18:46
The HQ extension should now be fixed in the latest version.

MGrancey took this over for the 2nd Edition printing and updated the content and the extension. It's a free upgrade for people who bought the previous version. If you want to optionally support the work that MGrancey and Pinnacle did on this, then feel free to re-buy it. Just note that it is an update as opposed to a complete new product.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=S2P10501FG2

ianmward
August 3rd, 2014, 13:46
Great news.

Thanks.

Ian