PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Licensed GM Looking for players for a Pathfinder Game.

jmullins09
June 11th, 2014, 22:15
Greetings,

Some things about me to start off:
I have been DMing D&D 3.5/Pathfinder for roughly 2 years, having a steady session every week, sometimes multiple sessions in one week.

I am new to Fantasy Grounds, although I have been messing with it a good bit. I still have lots to learn, I am in the process of tinkering with FG so that I have a solid understanding of it. I am a believer in the fact that there is always something to learn. I bought an Ultimate License to DM for a group of mine but alas, they have shown little interest in learning FG, much less playing with it. I am hoping to find individuals who are willing to use the system as a tool to help make a campaign easier and fun.

I was tired as a DM of my group taking so much time to do things. I normally DM a group of 5 to 7 players, and they would take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours to finish one combat. With the schedule everyone has, it's hard enough to get together, much less get anything done.

I am a serious DM for the most part, preferring to stick to the rules and letting the dice decide the fate of an individual. When you let a random factor into a scenario, interesting things come from it.

What I'm looking for:
New or moderately new players who want to have fun and who trust the DM with rulings.

What I'm NOT looking for:
I am not a fan of min/maxers and over-optimizers, I don't believe fun comes from being a robot. It unbalances groups and sucks the fun from others when one person can do everything, or someone is the "god" of being unseen. I like to use logic in my games, and when I think of a fighter with 30+ Strength, he must have lifted weights every single second he was awake for his entire life, considering 10 is the average attribute. I have one of said people above in my group, and unless you have an entire party of the aforementioned players than the game becomes a drag.

As mentioned before, I have an Ultimate License, so no purchase of FG is necessary, but maybe some day in the future you will support FG and the community by buying at least a Lite License so you can play in other campaigns. This would be a good experience for a possible GM to try out FG before purchasing it to see if they want to get it.

As a warning once again, I am new to Fantasy Grounds, and thus do not have much experience with it. I have been through all of the tutorials and have had roughly 30 hours of playing around with it, but I still have lots to learn so please be patient with me.

Requirements:
Fantasy Grounds Launcher (No license necessary)
Hamachi (For some reason the port forwarding does not work properly with FG, I have tried everything that I could think of to fix it but Ham is the only way I've been able to maintain a steady connection without errors.)
No prior experience necessary, but if you are truly new to Pathfinder than please message me or post it in this thread and I will help you create a character.

I can Pre-Gen a character for you, or you may build your own if you would like. We will discuss those options when I have found a group that is interested.

Sessions would be preferably held on Monday Evenings, at any time. I live on the East Coast of the US (-5 GMT) and I am relatively flexible. My work schedule changes from time to time but I am always off on Mondays.

SquareCat
June 12th, 2014, 01:47
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21281-Port-Forwarding-(with-video)-FIXED

That should solve your problem with not being able to host without hamachi.

Fallen_SHadows
June 13th, 2014, 00:44
hey, i'm interested in starting up a game, i'm in one game that's been running for about four weeks on Sundays and Wednesdays, and that's literally the extent of my experience so i'd count my self in the inexperienced camp as for days any are suitable being honest i may need some minor help setting up a character but for the most part character creation is an area i'm ok-ish with, everything else is the problem but i'm slowly picking it all up

ballan4
June 13th, 2014, 01:03
Depending on days and times, I'm interested.

gevus900
June 13th, 2014, 01:51
I'm interested..I have a little experice with path finder.

jmullins09
June 13th, 2014, 08:27
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21281-Port-Forwarding-(with-video)-FIXED

That should solve your problem with not being able to host without hamachi.

Tried that and still no go. I've forwarded both internal and external. My comcast xfinity router will not let me port forward 0.0.0.0 and I've done everything including setting my IP in the DMZ.

As for the others, I still need one more person. I would prefer to do it on monday. It's the only day I am 100% off all of the time.

de919191
June 13th, 2014, 11:34
Depending on time and day, I'm also interested. I have played a couple of games of Pathfinder as DM, and want to play a longer campaign as a PC.

Timezone: GMT
Available: Monday evenings (1900 - 2300 BST)

I realise that's not Monday evening for you, but you said you're free all day so hopefully you can count me in.

jmullins09
June 13th, 2014, 19:18
Ballan and Gevus, what time zones are you in?

ballan4
June 13th, 2014, 19:19
I'm in Pacific Standard Time. UTC -8

jmullins09
June 13th, 2014, 19:21
What time and day are you most comfortable with Ballan. Judging by other's time zones you would be playing at 11am.

gevus900
June 13th, 2014, 20:01
I am eastern time UTC -5

aka_lump6
June 13th, 2014, 20:17
I am interested in a Monday evening group. I am typically available around 5pm (17:00) CST - 6PM EST.

ballan4
June 13th, 2014, 22:57
Monday and Tuesdays are my days off. 11am works just fine for me.

jmullins09
June 14th, 2014, 05:31
OK so how it stands, Fallen_Shadows, ballan4, gevus900, and aka_lump6, you are going to be in the party.

de919191, I'm sorry man but you time zone makes it difficult to fit in with everyone else unless they played early in the morning to fit with your scheduled time.

So it seems to break down this way, due to everyone's availability.

We can start at 6 PM EST
That would be:
Fallen_Shadows: 2300/11 PM GMT
ballan4 1500/3 PM PST
gevus900 1800/6 PM EST
aka_lump6 1700/5 PM CST

How does this sound for everyone?

Also, on another note, does everyone have a concept for a character?

aka_lump6
June 14th, 2014, 05:56
I have a female Human Rogue Knife Master/Scout in mind for my character build.

de919191
June 14th, 2014, 08:39
No worries. I'd had a feeling that would be the outcome. Have fun everyone!

cheechako
June 14th, 2014, 10:26
Room for more? If so, is it still Monday at 6PM Eastern and Hamachi? Text or voice?

jmullins09
June 14th, 2014, 11:31
Possibly 1 more, what is your time zone, availability, and character concept?

cheechako
June 14th, 2014, 11:48
AST, Mon or Tue. My concept is something that fits the setting, preferably with spells. I'm old-school AD&D - new to PF and FG. So I want to try all the characters. :) But I'm more than happy to start with whatever we lack or don't have too much of. I own GM version, not that it matters here.

Fallen_SHadows
June 14th, 2014, 12:43
yeah that times al right for me i just need to get a character sorted out this weekend and i'll be all set. What are the rules on third party thing such as kobold press? cause i'd possibly like to use one of the archetypes from their setting

cheechako
June 14th, 2014, 13:26
OK... inspiration through deviantart (https://www.deviantart.com/art/Eberron-Artificer-131546805)

I think she is a gnome sorcerer (fey), perhaps better than average (for a gnome sorcerer) at combat. I probably have to dual a bit in fighter or rogue to get that. Or monk? Doesn't seem gnome-like, though.

That's just from the core rules. Like I said, I am new to PF, so if anyone has advice for other books to look at to build on that, let me know. I'll research more later.

Edit: Staff Magus (with rogue) seems fitting. Past my bed time - later.

aka_lump6
June 14th, 2014, 15:09
First and foremost, thank you for including me in the group. Monday evenings will work great for me but as I am in the military, I do get called away at times but I will always inform you if that is the case. I have several questions so that I can prepare properly and in parenthesis are my thoughts on each. I am sure most if not all of my questions will benefit the entire party as well.

1) What build rules do you wish us to use?

a. 15pt, 20pt, 25pt, some specific roll and assign method (I am fond of the 20pt buy method)

b. Starting Wealth (hopes for max)

c. HP progression per level (3/4 or better rule)

d. Alignment restrictions (gosh I hope not)

e. Restricted Classes/Races; i.e. No Monks, No Custom (I prefer core and advanced because custom can be unbalanced, imho)

2) What mix of role play versus combat do you prefer? (I like some role play personally but I do not like it to overwhelm the movement of the game, I suppose 30/70)

3) You going to run us on a specific campaign setting or is this going to be some home brew. (I dont care either way)

4) Do we have the option to use text for role-play portion? I ask this because I am a grown *** man with a gravelly voice and I intend to play a female human rogue; will just feel more comfortable to text what the character would say etc. and use my voice for OOG comments or rule discussions.

That is all the questions I can think of for right now. I am sure there is much more we need to sort out but hopefully this gives s start.

jmullins09
June 14th, 2014, 17:22
Fallen, run it past me and I'll ok it or not. I'm more laid back when it comes to that stuff.

Anyone who needs help making a character, would you like to make your own or would you want me to pre-generate a character for you? List what kind of character you're interested in playing if that is the case.

EDIT: Didn't see the next page.

As for being in the military, thank you for your services. I was in the US Army for a couple of years before getting my Honorable (medical, fought to stay in but it is what it is.). My last station was Redstone Arsenal, AL.

a. 15pt, 20pt, 25pt, some specific roll and assign method (I am fond of the 20pt buy method)
15 point buy.

Starting wealth for 5th level character. 10,500 GP. If you have 1 crafting feat, 13,125 GP, Two crafting feats or more, 15,750 GP. No crafting upon character creation. The bonus in gold is to represent crafting items and selling them when you find something better/making items and selling them.

I generally do what you roll is what you get. Since than can be kind of harsh, I'll budge on this one and say 1/2 or better. I trust you guys to roll your own HP before hand or when I set up the campaign.

d. Alignment restrictions (gosh I hope not)
No alignment restrictions. Just remember that and evil necromancer and a lawful good paladin are able to coincide (I've seen it done via good roleplaying.) So don't try to purposefully **** over each other. I have ways as a DM to punish this that are funny. :D

e. Restricted Classes/Races; i.e. No Monks, No Custom (I prefer core and advanced because custom can be unbalanced, imho)
I prefer core and advanced too, but I understand 3rd party classes. The problem comes into play that if someones gearing toward a 1st or 2nd tier class and the rest is 3rd or lower it makes it no fun for the other party members. That's where I'm running into problems with a friend of mine IRL. He can't seem to understand why no one likes his characters even though they can do everything in the world awesomely with no help. If you want to run a third party class or archtype, run it by me and the information to find it. I'll make the ruling on it.

2) What mix of role play versus combat do you prefer? (I like some role play personally but I do not like it to overwhelm the movement of the game, I suppose 30/70)
It all depends on the situation. Sometimes heavy roleplay is necessary and sometimes a lot of combat is necessary. I like to run a mix of it because one or the other can get dull pretty fast if there is not a balance.

3) You going to run us on a specific campaign setting or is this going to be some home brew. (I dont care either way)
My campaigns are more organic, I don't like to railroad. The first session is going to be a module, so it's going to be a little railroady. I meant for this to be a one shot thing but it may turn into more depending on how everyone is feeling about it.

4) Do we have the option to use text for role-play portion? I ask this because I am a grown *** man with a gravelly voice and I intend to play a female human rogue; will just feel more comfortable to text what the character would say etc. and use my voice for OOG comments or rule discussions.
Text for role play. I find it makes people open up a little more with their character, because I normally play a female gnome Artisan named Bixi Bopinshin, and doing the voice for her is..throat killing.

aka_lump6
June 14th, 2014, 18:02
As for being in the military, thank you for your services. I was in the US Army for a couple of years before getting my Honorable (medical, fought to stay in but it is what it is.). My last station was Redstone Arsenal, AL.

Thank you for your service too. I am also in the Army, 21 1/2 years so far and not looking to retire for at a minimum of another 5 or more.

15 point buy.

Alrighty then, back to the drawing board to whittle my 20 pointer to a 15. :)

Starting wealth for 5th level character. 10,500 GP. If you have 1 crafting feat, 13,125 GP, Two crafting feats or more, 15,750 GP. No crafting upon character creation. The bonus in gold is to represent crafting items and selling them when you find something better/making items and selling them.

Am I to understand that we are to generate a 5th level character to start game? I dont think I understand what you mean about the crafting thing.

I generally do what you roll is what you get. Since than can be kind of harsh, I'll budge on this one and say 1/2 or better. I trust you guys to roll your own HP before hand or when I set up the campaign.

Sounds good

Text for role play. I find it makes people open up a little more with their character, because I normally play a female gnome Artisan named Bixi Bopinshin, and doing the voice for her is..throat killing.

LOL this I gotta hear

jmullins09
June 14th, 2014, 18:16
Starting level is 5. I don't like to start at Levels 1~3, everyone is kind of the same at that point. If you're a fighter than you're a good fighter. If you're a mage than you're a crappy fighter with cantrips.

aka_lump6
June 14th, 2014, 18:18
Ok, if you will be on for a bit. I will have a character ready to throw at you for review/approval.

Fallen_SHadows
June 14th, 2014, 18:25
I'll be on about 1400 CST if your good to check my character then

jmullins09
June 14th, 2014, 18:41
I'm off of work today so I'll be on all day. Since I can't get the port forwarding thing to work properly (comcast router's suck) let me know if you need help setting up Hamachi. I will PM the server information.

cheechako
June 14th, 2014, 23:59
I haven't RPG'd in years, and haven't played PF/3E at all. I'm actually looking forward to starting my character as a total noob. Thank you for your consideration, though.

jmullins09
June 15th, 2014, 00:04
Welp if you need any help simply ask.

Fallen_SHadows
June 15th, 2014, 00:29
Hey if you don't mind could I jump on in about a halff hour to show you the finished character I plan on running with so you can approve/disapprove the 3rd party class

aka_lump6
June 15th, 2014, 00:54
Can you turn this into a Portrait for me?

aka_lump6
June 15th, 2014, 01:11
The Token

Trenloe
June 15th, 2014, 02:04
Can you turn this into a Portrait for me?
The player controls their own portraits. Put it in your <FG Ap Data Folder>\portraits directory and then it will be part of the portraits you can select for your PC when you are in the game.

jmullins09
June 15th, 2014, 02:09
Yep, thank you Trenloe. If all else fails, I can put them in through my end.

Fallen_SHadows
June 15th, 2014, 04:45
me again sorry for not getting online got a tad caught up with character creation but i think i've uploaded it to the correct server though i'm not 100% sure as i've never used hamachi before

jmullins09
June 15th, 2014, 05:42
Yeah you where on the right server. Sorry for not getting to you, was in the middle of a movie.

jmullins09
June 15th, 2014, 05:52
I will have the server up again tomorrow at 7PM EST when I get home from work.

Fallen_SHadows
June 15th, 2014, 12:03
I probably won't get on tonight as I have another game that's running around about that time tonight

Fallen_SHadows
June 15th, 2014, 14:57
quick question will we be using teamspeak, skype or ingame text chat?

jmullins09
June 15th, 2014, 23:13
Probably in game text chat.

OK, I believe I have sent everyone the server information in your Private Messages. Please notify me if I have not or you are having troubles.

ballan4
June 16th, 2014, 05:55
Here is Lucian, my Elven Cleric of Sarenrae. Still need to add inventory but should be complete otherwise.

Fallen_SHadows
June 16th, 2014, 18:14
just wondering if you'll be on before the game starts to review my character so i know if i need to change or fix anything and so that i can put his bio in

jmullins09
June 16th, 2014, 20:52
I plan on starting next monday, 06/23/14.

Fallen_SHadows
June 16th, 2014, 21:01
Oh I thought it was tonight

jmullins09
June 16th, 2014, 22:13
No, not everyone has their characters done but some member's are currently busy today.

aka_lump6
June 17th, 2014, 00:01
Can everyone please visit the Game Calendar? It is the best way for us to sort out the party make up and of course the date/time we will play.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1205

aka_lump6
June 20th, 2014, 04:29
Are you going to have the game server up some time before we start play? I need to tweak my character a bit.

M_A_G_O
June 20th, 2014, 15:45
Hello, i am interested in playing with you, i think we have a lot of affinity about the game.

I am in Spain (GMT +1/ +2 now), and i am free on mondays since 17:00. Do you have a free place?

jmullins09
June 20th, 2014, 18:30
Unfortunately at the moment we do not. I appreciate you replying though.

M_A_G_O
June 20th, 2014, 21:52
ok, the next time. Thanks anyway

ballan4
June 23rd, 2014, 03:19
Just wanted to make sure we are still on for tomorrow!

aka_lump6
June 23rd, 2014, 05:19
Just wanted to make sure we are still on for tomorrow!

Great question, I have not heard a peep from the GM all week. I am a little concerned about Hamachi lately too. My PC has been doing some weird things ever since I installed it.

ballan4
June 23rd, 2014, 06:35
I haven't had any issues with my PC but I'm getting ready to scrub it and reinstall windows again. I like to do that every once in a while to keep it neat and running smoothly

pierce768
June 23rd, 2014, 07:55
Hey I obviously jumped into this kinda late but I've been looking for a game. I GM my own game but desperately want to play one as well.

If you guys need another player tomorrow I will be available, I have characters ready to go, and I know the rules well.

ballan4
June 23rd, 2014, 18:09
Hello Pierce, I'm not sure if we are still on or not. I haven't heard a peep from the GM in a while now.

jmullins09
June 23rd, 2014, 20:27
Apologies for the MIA. Work's been kind of hectic. Yeah we're still on for today. You shouldn't have any issues with Hamachi, I never really have. We'll start some time around 5:30~6:00PM EST tonight. I'm going to have Hamachi and the server up for any one who needs to have their character tweaked or created.

jmullins09
June 23rd, 2014, 20:28
For anywho whom cannot get onto the Hamachi network, join Fantasy Grounds 2, same password.

jmullins09
June 23rd, 2014, 21:45
Goretex you got in fine. FG doesn't notify me with sound if someone joins or is talking.

aka_lump6
June 23rd, 2014, 22:20
I am having problems getting on Hamachi, is Network ID = Fantasy Grounds 2? I can not remember the password

pierce768
June 23rd, 2014, 22:22
Yea the password that was given to me is not working I dont know the name of the campaign either

jmullins09
June 23rd, 2014, 22:39
Whoops, apologies. The Network is Fantasy Grounds Online 2. Password is the same as always.

aka_lump6
June 23rd, 2014, 22:54
Did Hamachi crash?

jmullins09
June 23rd, 2014, 23:18
No, not on my end.

ballan4
June 23rd, 2014, 23:35
Sorry, I have to bow out on this one. I've got a slight family issue to deal with and cannot make it today. I apologize for the last minute drop out but could not help it.

jmullins09
June 23rd, 2014, 23:37
It's ok, hope everything goes well.

aka_lump6
June 24th, 2014, 00:48
Hope everything works out Ballan.

aka_lump6
June 24th, 2014, 05:12
Really nice session tonight all. I am looking forward to next time.

Shadou
June 30th, 2014, 02:59
If this is still open to new players, I'd like to join. I'm new to pathfinder, but my experience in RPing has included D&D 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, Exalted, and Shadowrun 4E. I'm available all day mondays, and am located in Eastern time zone as well.

jmullins09
June 30th, 2014, 05:01
Possibly in the future, but the group is set at the moment.

gevus900
July 7th, 2014, 23:36
Are you guys playing today??

aka_lump6
July 7th, 2014, 23:48
I think we are postponed another week.

Rojolimar
July 10th, 2014, 01:52
I'd really like to join you guys too, if a slot becomes available. I'm still pretty new to PF, but I have Hero Lab and most of its components and have a whole bunch of characters already rolled up.

I know slots are filled, so please let me know if one becomes available! I'm almost always off on Mondays, but I can probably ask to be off on Mondays permanently if need be (my manager's a pretty cool guy).

belkasro
July 18th, 2014, 04:46
Hey I am a Veteran Player of D&D and many games. I have GM many of times and played as well. Hope you have a free spot open. I hope to here from you soon and good luck with your current group.

dragonicfeline
August 5th, 2014, 18:11
i would not mind getting into this either, i am new to tabletop games in general, but i have always wanted to start,
at the moment, i am in GMT +5, and am free all day my sunday, as well as 1730-2200 every other day, not sure if that coincides well with other people's times