PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Ground II

Aster
June 11th, 2014, 02:18
New here. I am looking to purchase this program for my use with 5e. What is Fantasy Grounds II is it the same thing as Fantasy Grounds?

Trenloe
June 11th, 2014, 02:22
New here. I am looking to purchase this program for my use with 5e. What is Fantasy Grounds II is it the same thing as Fantasy Grounds?
Yes, for all intents and purposes, it is the same thing.

damned
June 11th, 2014, 03:59
i think going forward the numeral has been dropped.... so the new version is Fantasy Grounds and the old version is Fantasy Grounds II! Clear as mud :)
of course I could be wrong... but i think that is the case.

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2014, 07:07
Yes, number dropped. There might be a few mentions here or there for II, but they are slowly being squashed.

JPG

Tiqon
June 11th, 2014, 08:33
Fantasy Grounds........................................... .................................................. .II! *Runs for cover before getting SQUASHED!*

Aster
June 11th, 2014, 20:12
Thanks for the information. How does everyone deal with voice chat? Is their a preferred program?

Tiqon
June 11th, 2014, 20:26
Lots of different ways I think. In my group we use google hangout (at the moment). I read a lot saying they use Teamspeak, others Skype. Some don't and only type.

Griogre
June 11th, 2014, 20:26
You can use the VoIP of your choice, ie Mumble, Skype, RaidCall, or TeamSpeak. There is a Community TeamSpeak server you can use if you don't want to set up your own server. Also if everyone is on Steam I think they can use Steam's VoIP.

Trenloe
June 11th, 2014, 20:35
Thanks for the information. How does everyone deal with voice chat? Is their a preferred program?
Its individual preference. There is a free to use community TeamSpeak3 that a lot of us use, I use it for all my games: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

VenomousFiligree
June 11th, 2014, 21:11

I just ran my first 5E session yesterday, really like the way FG handled it.

damned
June 12th, 2014, 02:43

*everyone* has their preferred voice option!
As mentioned - Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Skype, Mumble...
There is a server donated by Mellock: teamspeak.fg-con.com pw: Dungeoneers that is free for FG use.

Arborhawk
June 19th, 2014, 11:30
So the Fantasy Ground II stuff for sale on RPGNOW can be used with my Steam version, correct?

damned
June 19th, 2014, 11:37
what you need to do especially when using stuff bought between different stores is add your forum username (Arborhawk) and password in the Settings window which can be accessed from teh very first window when you launch fantasy grounds. then choose update and it should grab all those products and download the correct versions into the correct locations. if it doesnt pick up your RPGNOW stuff you might have to email [email protected] with the details and they will link them up...

Arborhawk
June 19th, 2014, 12:11
Thanks! I understand the last part. I just bought the Savage Worlds package on steam.
Will have to look and figure out that first part.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 17:12
So the Fantasy Ground II stuff for sale on RPGNOW can be used with my Steam version, correct?
Yes.