PDA

View Full Version : PFS#5–09: The Traitor’s Lodge: Wednesday 11th June 11am GMT (12pm BST London)

Skellan
June 9th, 2014, 22:06
PFS#5–09: The Traitor’s Lodge

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3–7.

During the recent attack on Nerosyan, Pathfinders sought out a local venture-captain to aid in the city’s defense. What they found instead suggested the leader had not only fled recently but had played a part in the demons’ offensive. Venture-Captain Jorsal has determined that the safety and integrity of the Pathfinder Society requires that a team delve into the sealed basement beneath the abandoned lodge to determine what other plans his turncoat colleague may have set in motion.

Content in "The Traitor’s Lodge" also contributes to the ongoing storyline of the Grand Lodge faction.

Bit short notice but I thought I would table it to see if it will fly.

To join this game please sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1201) and post your character xml and previous chronicle to this thread. I will take pregens for this if you haven't got a character high enough level, though I will give priority to player characters. If you are playing a pregen I will need your pfs number and the number of the character that you want the chronicle applying to please.

Blackfoot
June 9th, 2014, 22:16
Sounds good to me. I can swing 7am on Weds. (Eastern Time) :)
I'll bring:
Character: Garbunkle
Faction: Grand Lodge
Level: 4
PFS# 39241-4
Next Chronicle # 12
XP: 10
Fame/PP: 20/20
Starting GP: 280.9
(will upload my files in a bit)
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmXMIqPPKb2UdFB6cUJ4QWVPSHg5dFlvUE9VUUJpT lE&usp=sharing)

Skellan
June 9th, 2014, 22:19
Welcome aboard

I'd have done a bit later (I will in future for the US folks) but I have another game weds evening so couldn't this time.

cmdisc
June 9th, 2014, 22:30
Hey Skellan! Great to see you offering yet another game. :) I am definitely interested, but need to check on an appointment to see if I can move that first. If I can get that rescheduled, I have a 3rd lvl Cleric I can bring along. She's a healer/buffer party support type. Will have to get back with you in about 12 hours if the slots don't all fill up first.

Malkavian_Andi
June 9th, 2014, 22:38
Too bad I already played that scenario, but Wednesdays are a bit bad for me anyway as I have a regular game on Wednesday evenings. I'll see if I'll be able to play in your next game :)

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 9th, 2014, 22:48
Skellan, I am actually off work and on vacation starting on Wednesday, and I would love to play in this scenario. Alas, I currently do not have a character of 3rd level. I am 1xp away from it, but if you need or are willing, I am willing to play a pregen of any role that may be needed. If not, I completely understand. I will catch the next time a game is run. Thanks!

Skellan
June 9th, 2014, 23:07
Hi Brinn

I doubt this will fill because of the odd time. I am pretty sure there will be a pre gen spot for you :)

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 9th, 2014, 23:17
Ok cool. Should I get the Pregen Downloaded, and keyed into FG so I can export it to you? Or do you have any already done?

Blackfoot
June 9th, 2014, 23:23
Ok cool. Should I get the Pregen Downloaded, and keyed into FG so I can export it to you? Or do you have any already done?
I have all the 4th Level Pregens put together (including the ones from ?Ultimate Campaign?.. I think that's where they were from.. basically iconics for each class EXCEPT the ones from the APG) ... so you should just need to let him know which one you want to play. If he doesn't have it I can get it to him.

Trenloe
June 9th, 2014, 23:27
I have all the 4th Level Pregens put together (including the ones from ?Ultimate Campaign?.. I think that's where they were from.. basically iconics for each class EXCEPT the ones from the APG) ...
Cool. :)

There's a very nice place where they can live with quite a few of their not so powerful selves: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-%28FG-format%29

:D

Blackfoot
June 9th, 2014, 23:33
Cool. :)

There's a very nice place where they can live with quite a few of their not so powerful selves: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-%28FG-format%29

:DYes yes.. I probably should check them over and make sure nothing broke in the them for the latest rev... before I post them for the whole class. :D

kwarner1986
June 9th, 2014, 23:36
I was so excited to join, then I realized I only have a level 1 :(
Plus I'm no so excited about the start time, maybe next time.

cmdisc
June 9th, 2014, 23:37
If I can make it, and if the group needs, I have no issues with playing a 4th lvl pregen instead of my regular 3rd lvl.

Blackfoot
June 9th, 2014, 23:49
If I can make it, and if the group needs, I have no issues with playing a 4th lvl pregen instead of my regular 3rd lvl.
I think the subtier is(or could be) 3-4 so 3 is great... no?

Lord Kavos
June 10th, 2014, 00:23
Im in as well Skellan...

Its actually a night time game for me. Wow! wont know what to do with myself...

I can bring Kayliss (lvl 3 cleric/bard) or Julius (lvl 7 ninja/sorceror).

Would prefer to play Julius, because he's in the Grand Lodge, but will play whoever fits in with the rest of the party makeup.

Rose Claymore
June 10th, 2014, 00:24
I'm in!

Great to see more games on the weekdays. I know it's not everyone's favorite time to play, but it's about all I got. I'll get my character info up later this evening.

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 10th, 2014, 00:41
Blackfoot -- Thanks man. So, I am willing to play whatever the party needs. I gravitate towards clerics and rogues, but recently I began reading up on the Inquisitor (which sounded fun to play) and have been toying with making a Bard.

Is there anything that needs to be in the group that we don't already have? I will be open to playing whatever you need Skellen, from caster to melee and everything inbetween.

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 10th, 2014, 00:42
I'm in!

Great to see more games on the weekdays. I know it's not everyone's favorite time to play, but it's about all I got. I'll get my character info up later this evening.

Once I get a little more comfortable with running/playing PFS on FG, I will be starting up some weekday games as well. So, I will keep you in mind.

Syndrome
June 10th, 2014, 02:31
im definitely down for this with dante my level 4 monk... ill upload the xml as soon as i fully wake up lol

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2014, 02:47
Blackfoot -- Thanks man. So, I am willing to play whatever the party needs. I gravitate towards clerics and rogues, but recently I began reading up on the Inquisitor (which sounded fun to play) and have been toying with making a Bard.

Is there anything that needs to be in the group that we don't already have? I will be open to playing whatever you need Skellen, from caster to melee and everything inbetween.Brinn you should check out the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1201).. has details on who is signed up and with what.

Rose Claymore
June 10th, 2014, 02:56
Now that I'm looking over my characters, I could instead bring Captain Wirbelsturm since he's still level 7 should we play up. Still, a tiefling bard would be just as useful, though not as incendiary.

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 10th, 2014, 02:57
Looks like we are still wanting in the cleric department, so I would be willing to play a 4th level pregen cleric. I played the iconic in a scenario not long ago, and had a blast. I signed up and listed Kyra. Since I am playing a pregen, do you still need my last chronicle sheet? The number below is for a character that has not been played yet.

PFS# 74324 - 3

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2014, 03:06
Now that I'm looking over my characters, I could instead bring Captain Wirbelsturm since he's still level 7 should we play up. Still, a tiefling bard would be just as useful, though not as incendiary.
I don't really have a good play up option unfortunately. I'm thinking Garby might be pretty soft in the 6-7 subtier.

Lord Kavos
June 10th, 2014, 03:17
Here is Julius' files...

Let me know if anyone is truly against me bringing Julius, I would prefer to play him but he could bump the table up to the higher tier.

Syndrome
June 10th, 2014, 03:26
well dante is the highest i have atm but i suppose if nothing else if we are bumping it up i can play a pregen or something

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2014, 03:30
Here is Julius' files...

Let me know if anyone is truly against me bringing Julius, I would prefer to play him but he could bump the table up to the higher tier.
Let's do the math shall we?
Lots of 4s... (4*4) + 7 + 3 (assuming cmdisc makes it) That's 26/6=4.33333 so we play down with the large group setup.
If cmdisc doesn't make it.. that's 23/5=4.6.. which puts us up with the small group option I 'think'... if I understand it right.

Either way it'll be fine. 5th Season scenarios are better prepared to handle group variation.

Rose Claymore
June 10th, 2014, 03:51
Let's do the math shall we?
Lots of 4s... (4*4) + 7 + 3 (assuming cmdisc makes it) That's 26/6=4.33333 so we play down with the large group setup.
If cmdisc doesn't make it.. that's 23/5=4.6.. which puts us up with the small group option I 'think'... if I understand it right.

Either way it'll be fine. 5th Season scenarios are better prepared to handle group variation.

Extra tempted to bring Wirbel now. If Brinn plays a cleric, we won't be needing Versona's buffs as much, and an extra level 7 will still average us at APL 5, which I think plays up as if we only have four PCs. If everyone else is okay with that, I'll bring Wirbel the flying gnome pirate alchemist, otherwise Versona the moody tiefling so-what-if-I'm-dancing bard it is.

cmdisc
June 10th, 2014, 06:09
I'm going to go ahead and say yes to this one before that last slot fills up. The only thing in the way is an appointment that I can reschedule.

Since my 3rd lvl is a support cleric and we seem to be covered in that department, should I bring in a pregen? I'm not familiar with which ones are available, but if I can cover the Bard or something mid-party at 4th lvl, Raven is free to bring in his 7th which does indeed get us to APL 5. :)

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2014, 06:16
I'm going to go ahead and say yes to this one before that last slot fills up. The only thing in the way is an appointment that I can reschedule.

Since my 3rd lvl is a support cleric and we seem to be covered in that department, should I bring in a pregen? I'm not familiar with which ones are available, but if I can cover the Bard or something mid-party at 4th lvl, Raven is free to bring in his 7th which does indeed get us to APL 5. :)
No.. bring your character. We REALLY don't NEED to play up. (I would honestly rather play down... that way I don't feel useless)
... and people should always play their own characters over playing Pregens. Don't you think?

cmdisc
June 10th, 2014, 06:31
Yes, my preference is always to bring my own. My only concern was bringing in something redundant. But we can make it work with whatever the group consensus is. 2 clerics of Sarenrae. One Keleshite and the other from Varisian and Ulfen parentage.

Syndrome
June 10th, 2014, 06:33
yea ill be pretty useless or dead in melee combat with the higher tier mobs i do believe lol

Rose Claymore
June 10th, 2014, 06:38
If playing up or down depends on whether I play a level 7 alchemist or a level 4 bard, and enough people want to play down, I'll bring my bard. She's just as much fun as Wirbel, but folks around here already know Wirbel and he hasn't been played in awhile.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2014, 06:46
OK.. so what are we looking at Team wise:
4th: Two Weapon Fighter
4th: Monk
3rd: Cleric
4th: Pregen (maybe cleric)
7th: Sorcerer/Ninja OR 3rd: Cleric/Bard
7th: Alchemist OR 4th: Bard
APL = 29/6 = 4.8.333 - We would have to play up.
My vote would be for down if possible

EDIT: Bad Math.

with the 4th Level Bard... that's 4.3333 so we play down... even with the 7th level Sorcerer/Ninja.

Rose Claymore
June 10th, 2014, 06:56
Meet Versona!

Versona makes no attempt to hide her fiendish heritage, and often finds ways of expressing this heritage verbally through clever and cutting insults, backhanded compliments and general irreverence. The fact this commentary tends to help more then hinder is one of the many mysteries of the universe. In combat she prefers to stay out of the think of things, using magic to inspire her allies and hinder her enemies while occasionally tossing in an arrow or two when not otherwise occupied. In social situations she uses her verbal skills to make new friends influence people by endearing them to her with insults, or attempts to confuse and delude the gullible of whatever strikes her fancy. Though she is quite knowledgeable, her habit of almost always lying when this knowledge comes up short has led those closest to her to doubt her words unless she can back them up.

Skellan
June 10th, 2014, 07:20
Ok, the session is full with

cmdisc Katerine 3 Support Cleric 1
Syndrome Dante 4 Monk Maneuver Master
Blackfoot Garbunkle 4 Gnome Two Weapon Fighter -
Dust Raven Versona 4 Tiefling Bard -7
Lord Kavos Julius Flashbolt 7 Ninja / Sorceror
Brinn_Thornfoot Kyra 4 PreGen Cleric

I'd rather the folks with a choice of lower and higher tier to go with the lower option as the majority of the group is 3-4. It makes for a better game if everyone is about the same level, and also there's quite a jump to the higher sub tier and it could get nasty. I will try to run something aimed at higher tier characters in future

Skellan
June 10th, 2014, 07:23
Brinn - That's great, thanks

If anyone discovers they can't make the session, that's fine, but please let me know as soon as you are able so I can try to replace you.

Cheers

cmdisc
June 10th, 2014, 10:40
Fixed the gold issue between the Chronicles I have here. Will get that to you after the weekend.

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 10th, 2014, 12:13
Skellan, I will play whatever Pregen you would like, if having 2 clerics and a cleric bard is an issue. I like all the iconics, so it really isnt an issue for me. I am pretty much just wanting to play. :D I mostly only ever get to run, so playing any character is quite the treat for me.

Would it be better if I played up with a level 1? Is that even possible? Would there be too much of a discrepancy with the rest of the group being 3-4? I do have several lvl1's that I could choose from.

Thanks.

Skellan
June 10th, 2014, 14:13
EDIT: I am more awake now - I am happy for the players to arrange the group how they want. From the info above I am going to presume that we are playing at subtier 3-4 and will plan accordingly.

Brinn - The minimum level for this one is level 3, so unfortunately you are limited to pregens this time. You do have the option of applying 500gp straight away to your character or wait until your character gets to the right level and then apply the full chronicle reward. But note that if your pregen dies the 'dead' condition is carried over to your other character's chronicle.

Chip - if you make a note on the pre chronicle when you send it to me please, I will make an adjustment for the missing gold

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 10th, 2014, 14:50
Yeah. I am good to play a pregen. I signed up for a pregen Cleric, but like I said, I will play whatever is needed depending on what the party wants to have.

Did I miss where it states what Voice we are using? I just want to make sure everything is good to go before game time. On the off chance that I did miss it, what are we using? LOL

Lord Kavos
June 10th, 2014, 15:01
Here is Kayliss' stuff...

3 clerics you say...reminds me of an order of the stick scene...

Monster attacks Durkon.
Hilgila casts cure light wounds.
Monster full attacks Durkon.
Hilgila casts cure light wounds.
Durkon casts cure light wounds.

Monster: "Bah i'll just order Thai"

cmdisc
June 10th, 2014, 18:36
3 clerics and all female. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the men in the group started getting hurt on purpose just to be cured by touch. ;)

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2014, 18:43
That's a level of 'roleplay' we just don't need to get to... thanks.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2014, 19:06
Square format Portrait for Kayliss

Skellan
June 10th, 2014, 19:43
Voice Coms for tomorrow is teamspeak 3: Server : fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers
My fantasy grounds alias is: quiet turtle ugly dungeon

Rose Claymore
June 12th, 2014, 23:10
Here's the previous chronicle info, including items purchases, you asked for Skellan. Sorry about the delay it.