PDA

View Full Version : New 3.5e Campaign Featuring Converted Clasic TSR Adventures

Saulv2014
June 8th, 2014, 09:55
Hello all,

I'm looking to start a new campaign featuring Classic TSR Adventures converted to 3.5e and just wanted to gague the Interest level for this.

I'm based in the UK and would be looking to run sessions either Wednesday Nights 7PM till 10PM(GMT) or Sundays (more flexable on the timewise here)

If this is somthing you would be interested in or If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Cheers

XtremeTko
June 8th, 2014, 09:59
Hey there I probably be interested. Lately i was apart of pbp games online but they just werent that engaging really, so wondering if you had any more space available

damned
June 8th, 2014, 10:34
Cool. I cant play but reliving some of those classic modules is always good fun.

Ksathra
June 8th, 2014, 11:43
Ive not played many prewriten adventures but new gms are always a welcome. Id be interested in playing pretty sure i have wednesday at that time open

ColinBuckler
June 8th, 2014, 13:10
What a shame as I already have a game on Wednesday nights and I would have loved to play the classics.

If you ever decide to run on another night I would most definitely be interested.

gaara6666
June 11th, 2014, 01:06
if the game was 7 to 10pm UK time aka 1 to 4pm U.S central time on Wednesdays . I am definitely in

Lordy55
June 22nd, 2014, 16:13
I'd be very interested in a Wednesday night RPing group. I'm totally new to this site but back in the day used to love those old TSR modules. I might need some advice though on what I have to buy/download to play.

mfitzi
June 23rd, 2014, 01:45
I'd like to start playing again! I'd only be available Eastern Time and weekday evenings 6-10 or so.

Lordy55
June 23rd, 2014, 06:35
Would you be able to play Sundays mfitzi? 6-10 Sunday would be about 1-5 I the afternoon my end.

Lordy55
June 23rd, 2014, 06:41
Hi Saulv,

Have you considered Castles and Crusades as a Ruleset for some of the old retro modules? I've not tried it to be honest as I've only just joined the site but I'm reading some good reviews on that addon and from the dusty old rulebook I found in my collection it has a very similar look to it as the old AD&D1 books.

mfitzi
June 23rd, 2014, 10:26
Yes Sundays work as well as weeknights.

JohnD
June 23rd, 2014, 11:51
Hi Saulv,

Have you considered Castles and Crusades as a Ruleset for some of the old retro modules? I've not tried it to be honest as I've only just joined the site but I'm reading some good reviews on that addon and from the dusty old rulebook I found in my collection it has a very similar look to it as the old AD&D1 books.
Just stepping in here to say that the C&C rules would indeed be a very good choice. :)

damned
June 23rd, 2014, 12:41
Just stepping in here to say that the C&C rules would indeed be a very good choice. :)

Im no expert but I reckon that sounds like a great suggestion.

Lordy55
June 23rd, 2014, 13:54
Anyone remember playing "Against the giants?" That was one of two modules that I ran back in the day. I cant remember the other one but it had a lot of kobolds lairing in a jungle temple. I had a lot of fun with those I seem to recall. Definitely time for some retro dungeon crawling I think. :)

damned
June 23rd, 2014, 14:11
Anyone remember playing "Against the giants?" That was one of two modules that I ran back in the day. I cant remember the other one but it had a lot of kobolds lairing in a jungle temple. I had a lot of fun with those I seem to recall. Definitely time for some retro dungeon crawling I think. :)

i picked this bundle of goodies up on ebay not so long ago... havent even had time to see what they all are yet...

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/new-additions.jpg

Lordy55
June 23rd, 2014, 15:43
Oh man that looks like a treasure trove of classic modules including a lot of original D&D :) I wonder if the gold one is the original Immortal rules?

JohnD
June 23rd, 2014, 19:22
One big plus using C&C is that you won't have to worry about whether or not you're converting the challenges, encountered creatures, etc... properly - you can just plug/play from your AD&D or 2e content.