PDA

View Full Version : New World of Darkness Issues

pauljmendoza
June 8th, 2014, 00:07
Currently, any campaign, older or even new ones made, cannot load characters. Once clicked on in character selection, only the tiny grey 'close window' box shows up. This was not an issue before the last two updates. Anyone else having this issue?

damned
June 8th, 2014, 08:01
yerk....
i think there have been some issues in some other rulesets... corerpgextended and dark heresy...

Trenloe
June 8th, 2014, 13:34
Currently, any campaign, older or even new ones made, cannot load characters. Once clicked on in character selection, only the tiny grey 'close window' box shows up. This was not an issue before the last two updates. Anyone else having this issue?
The issue is caused due to the code that populates the character sheet relying on the gameline.onUpdate event to trigger. However, if a character sheet has been created before the gameline is being set to the same name and so it doesn't trigger onUpdate - it looks like onUpdate may have changed recently to not trigger if the value being "updated" does not change.

Try this ruleset as a quick hotfix to the issue: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Fantasy%20Grounds/Rulesets/World%20of%20Darkness.pak

I don't know if there may be other areas of the code that rely on onUpdate working even if the update does not change the underlying value.

leetsepeak
June 13th, 2014, 20:04
I know this might sound like a pain in the butt, but is there a specific part of the ruleset that you altered to create the hotfix, and could you perhaps copy-paste it into this thread? We're using a version of the ruleset modified slightly to be GMC Compatible, and we're afraid of losing our changes. If you could say what file(s) where modified and maybe post the snippets, we could place them in our own rules.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

EDIT: The ruleset isn't heavily modified, it just changed little things, like the words Morality to Integrity, Experience to Experiences and a little dotcontrol underneath for Beats. So everything is still similar.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2014, 20:10
I know this might sound like a pain in the butt, but is there a specific part of the ruleset that you altered to create the hotfix, and could you perhaps copy-paste it into this thread?
I added a refresh command to the onInit function in charsheet.xml. The added code is shown in red below:

function onInit()
local linename;
linenode = getDatabaseNode().createChild("gameline","string");
linename = linenode.getValue();
if linename=="" then
linename = LineManager.getDefaultName();
end
linenode.onUpdate = refresh;
setLine(linename);
refresh();
end

leetsepeak
June 13th, 2014, 20:17
Thank you so much, it worked, we really appreciate it!

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2014, 08:28
Updated ruleset on wiki/library with Trenloe's patch:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_World_of_Darkness

Regards,
JPG

damned
January 3rd, 2016, 01:19
One shot Chronicles of Darkness running this coming weekend: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27568-FGDaze-Chronicles-of-Darkness-%96-Wellington-School-for-Gifted-Children

gandhi39
January 6th, 2016, 19:22
Downloaded the ruleset currently available on wiki but got the same issue.

You can create a new character sheet and open it. If you close it you can't open it again.

Trenloe
January 6th, 2016, 19:29
Downloaded the ruleset currently available on wiki but got the same issue.

You can create a new character sheet and open it. If you close it you can't open it again.
Works fine for me, just did a test with a brand new campaign. Is this on the GM side or the player side? On the player side you need to double-click to select a PC from the character selection window, on the GM side you just single click.

gandhi39
January 6th, 2016, 19:37
GM and player sides;

gandhi39
January 6th, 2016, 19:40
I can only see the grey close button. The rest of sheet does not appear.

Trenloe
January 6th, 2016, 19:47
I can only see the grey close button. The rest of sheet does not appear.
Make sure you don't have a "World of Darkness" directory in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory. If you do, delete it. It might also be worth deleting "World of Darkness.pak" and re-downloading.

gandhi39
January 6th, 2016, 19:50
Found out I had two rulesets on my folder (one on a .pak and another older one on a subfolder).

Works fine now. Thanks!

Luthbel
January 29th, 2016, 15:56
Hi!
Iīve noticed that the ruleset doesnīt allow (me) to put portraits and tokens to the PCs. I can add them to the NPCs, but I canīt find whare to link them to the player characters.
Cheers!

Moon Wizard
January 29th, 2016, 20:25
This ruleset is probably old enough that the portraits probably need to be set on a client instance, and the token set after adding to combat tracker. I'm not familiar with the ruleset, but guessing based on how rulesets used to work.

Regards,
JPG

Luthbel
January 29th, 2016, 23:18
Thanks much!

Redemption77
January 31st, 2016, 17:46
Is there a way to adjust the modifier box so its not sitting on top of a part of the chat entry box?

Griogre
February 7th, 2016, 17:54
That sounds like like you are on a small monitor for a notepad. Try scaling the UI down to 90% and see if it helps. The old rulesets chat windows were not movable.