PDA

View Full Version : Could not share the Maps for other players

flaviodupim
June 7th, 2014, 16:17
Good day!

I´m a new DM on Fantasy Grounds and i'm on a Baldur's Gate campaign here in Brazil. I have tried to share the maps, whose size is about 3Mb each, with my players and I havent been getting it. My players enter in the program, the masked map start to running but the players could not see the atualizations that I do on my map.

We have tried diferent things but for that reason we could not continue our playing. Could you please help us with any tips of what we could test to improve the tool behavior?

Best regards.

damned
June 7th, 2014, 16:27
some things to try:

clear the cache on the player side.
open a localhost session on your GM computer and connect to the game and check if maps load.
try saving the map as lower resolution or higher compression - can you get the map down to 1mb or less?
try with one player only connected and preload the map (right click options)

flaviodupim
June 8th, 2014, 01:16
Damned,
Good night!

I opened a local host session on my own computer, with 2 FGs running and the player side could not load the map. Any tips?

Another question: How could I clear the cache on player side?

Trenloe
June 8th, 2014, 01:37
What is the name of the map that you are trying to share?

I'd also definitely try damned's suggestions of reducing the file size down to less than 1MB.

You can clear the player cache by pressing the "nuclear" icon at the top right of the "join game" screen.

ddavison
June 8th, 2014, 02:29
Try it with other map files as well to see if the issue is specific to the one image or a broader issue. You can create a new map and attach a grid to it without an actual map image and use this for testing as well.

damned
June 8th, 2014, 08:00
also if you replace the map with a new version - dont use the exact same filename as some data gets retained like width and height and if your new image doesnt match these it still tries to display it using those...

and... good morning to you :)