PDA

View Full Version : New to FG player LFG

Samzagas
June 6th, 2014, 21:11
Greetings,

As the title explains, I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but in no sense to RPGs in general. I've played D&D 3.5/4/Next; Anima(In english and spanish) and Exalted 2e mainly. I've also tried Dark Heresy and Pathfinder, but my group wasn't too keen on them so I don't have much experience in those so I'd happily join a group that's willing to carry a newbie. That said, I'm also willing to try and learn new systems.
As availability comes, I'm free on Thursdays and Fridays GMT-5 and I have, of course, my own FG license.

Thanks for your time,
Samzagas

damned
June 6th, 2014, 22:49
Im going to run a one-shot which will be at something like 7am Sunday for you. 4 hour session.
If that works let me know. Old school D&D.
2 players so far.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21274-One-Shot-Game-Session-10pm-SYD-1pm-LON-8am-NYC-Sun-8th-June

Samzagas
June 6th, 2014, 22:54
7am Sunday sounds like a hard time for me to be up. :D
What exactly do you mean "Old school D&D"? If it's 1st or AD&D I'm probably no good as it's a one-shot and I don't know the rules so that'll make everything slower, otherwise I'll OK.

damned
June 7th, 2014, 00:46
Its using Castles&Crusades which has a lot of 1E mechanics with some d20 style improvements.
Ruleset is irrelevant - if you are playing a rogue - play like a rogue, if you are playing a barbarian - play like a barbarian - just roll with it :)
If 7am is too early its too early.
Let me know.

Samzagas
June 7th, 2014, 17:11
I've checked the quick start pdf overnight and it seems easy enough. Also, I get up at 5:30am Monday to Saturday so an extra day for a one-shot won't hurt me, count me in.

To anyone else: I'm still looking for a longer game, so if anyone needs a player please consider me. :P

Andraax
June 7th, 2014, 17:32
I'm looking for players for two games. Castles and Crusades Sunday evening (US/Central) and Rolemaster Tuesday evenings (again, US/Central).

Samzagas
June 7th, 2014, 17:55
I can make it on Tuesdays, depending on the hour. The only issue is that I don't know the game, can you direct me to a link with a quick start guide or something like that?

Andraax
June 7th, 2014, 18:54
There really isn't a quick start for the version we're playing, though you can find the older versions online. PM me your email address.

Samzagas
June 7th, 2014, 19:11
Done, check your PMs