PDA

View Full Version : 3.0.4/3.5E - Attack Modifiers on New Weapon Pop-Up...

HoloGnome
June 4th, 2014, 23:02
Hi -

I'm checking out the new 3.0.4 weapon info, and maybe I'm not getting something, but the attack modifiers don't seem to be working correctly.

In the image below, the weapon is an off-hand dagger at -2 w/ +2 other bonuses (masterworks, gnome). I assume the 4 boxes are just for miscellaneous attacks...or maybe for multiple attack modifiers? At any rate, when I do the roll, it shows +2 instead of 0.

Can someone explain, or is it a bug?

Thx.

Also, general comment - all the additional modifier fields need tooltips or a label above them so users know that they are for misc bonuses, attacks, etc. Ability is there, but it would be nice to have dedicated fields for Weapon, Size, Race, Other - just like with AC on the combat tab.

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2014, 23:27
It depends on what the Base Attack Bonus and Strength score of this PC are.

These are the same fields and labeling as before, just moved into a separate window to support the extra space needed for multiple damage types.

JPG

HoloGnome
June 5th, 2014, 02:10
OK - it's my fault. N/M. The attack roll was adding strength and size by default from the combat tab. BAB was 0. I have 2 versions of this character with slightly different attributes and I thought it was the lesser one, and I double added one of the bonuses by putting it into the weapon (size).

It would be great if the weapons showed all the default values that were being pulled in - might be more clear. Also, what happened to off-hand selection? Entering that manually now? Thx.