PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.0.4

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2014, 20:16
Fantasy Grounds v3.0.4 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

Some highlights:

5E (D&D Next) play test ruleset available.
Range displayed on targeting arrows.
[CoreRPG+] Better migration of modules and character file imports.
[CoreRPG+] Targeting information added to combat tracker.
[CoreRPG] Added attribute sections on main tab, and new abilities tab.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Support for multiple damage types for PC weapons and spells.
...And many bug fixes...

A comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Cheers,
JPG

Fugl
June 4th, 2014, 20:45
Super nice update. Love all the links in start up window. They Will help me a lot

Mellock
June 4th, 2014, 20:57
I just wanna say: 5e has one sweet looking character sheet :p

ColinBuckler
June 4th, 2014, 21:03
Just updated to latest version and I now get an error when deleting a token from the map within Pathfinder:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'onTokenDelete' (a nil value)

The token deletes fine from the map - just generates an error.

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2014, 21:11
I'm not seeing the issue when I try with my PFRPG campaign.

Are you running any extensions with your campaign? If so, try disabling the extension and see if you still get the issue.
If extension-related, we'll have to get the community extension creator to update.

If not an extension, can you provide the steps that you follow when you see the issue?

Thanks,
JPG

ColinBuckler
June 4th, 2014, 21:16
Darn it - should have checked that. Its the Enhanced Images (CoreRPG+) that causes the fault.

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2014, 21:33
No worries. As with most releases, I assume that there will be a few extensions that need tweaking.

Thanks,
JPG

Nickademus
June 4th, 2014, 22:52
On that note, my Ability Damage and Expanded Effect Tags extensions will be updated in the next few days to be compatible with FG 3.0.4.

grimm182
June 5th, 2014, 00:16
The "Getting Started" is a really nice touch! (now i hope thats new with this last update and just had not missed it before)

GMTroll
June 5th, 2014, 01:29
Update landed just as we were about to start tonight and you've certainly made my players happy with the multiple damage items for weapons and spells. Another great update, thanks guys.

dr_venture
June 5th, 2014, 07:25
Congrats on a nice, chunky update. It means so much to see these updates coming through, where things are slowly but surely being molded into better shape. Lots of good stuff - good work!

dopefish
June 5th, 2014, 18:09
This is for 4th edition specifically, but is probably universal:

How do you roll on a table with an uneven number now? A number that there is no dice for. Like a table with 13 or 5 rows?

Trenloe
June 5th, 2014, 18:12
How do you roll on a table with an uneven number now? A number that there is no dice for. Like a table with 13 or 5 rows?
The tables now (with FG 3.0 I believe) are not tied to a specific die type, they will use a random number generator if the number of rows don't match with a specific die type.

dopefish
June 5th, 2014, 18:16
The tables now (with FG 3.0 I believe) are not tied to a specific die type, they will use a random number generator if the number of rows don't match with a specific die type.

It keeps returning 0 unless I give it a specific die, this is only since the last patch. How do I roll on a table using the random number generator with this change?

Edit: It also seems to have broken the result of attack rolls in 4E, we no longer get the hit/miss confirmations, and critical hits now say "[AUTOMATIC HIT, CHECK FOR CRITICAL]" instead of being marked as crits.

Moon Wizard
June 5th, 2014, 18:46
Just released hot fix for automatic table rolling, and better handling of tables with a range that does not match a physical die.

Regards,
JPG

dopefish
June 5th, 2014, 18:50
Just released hot fix for automatic table rolling, and better handling of tables with a range that does not match a physical die.

Regards,
JPG

That was quick! Any word on the hit/miss confirmation being broken (well, roll results in general not showing up)?

Moon Wizard
June 5th, 2014, 19:02
Just released another hot fix for that one.

Regards,
JPG

dopefish
June 5th, 2014, 19:08
Just released another hot fix for that one.

Regards,
JPG
This is wonderful, it seems like we don't have to cancel tonight's game after all!

The GM is still getting this whenever he changes anything in the combat tracker, it's irritating but at least playable now (he just hides it off-screen):
https://i.gyazo.com/9026ceabfa3b708dfdb0f71e77c2d58a.png

Moon Wizard
June 5th, 2014, 23:14
And another hot fix for those script errors. Wow, I'm surprised no one saw that one in beta testing.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
June 6th, 2014, 02:58
Just updated to latest version and I now get an error when deleting a token from the map within Pathfinder:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'onTokenDelete' (a nil value)

The token deletes fine from the map - just generates an error.
Enhanced Images extension v1.0.3 released for FG 3.0.4: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29

Fixes this error and player errors when GM modifies a grid on an open image.

jasonisop
June 6th, 2014, 03:11
non-die damage(1d5 for example) rolls from npc cause script errors. this is in 3.5e

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2014, 04:01
Yeah, only table rolls have been fixed to work with odd-die rolls at this point. I think I'm going to push a general solution into the next release cycle.

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
June 6th, 2014, 04:27
Trenloe - is deleting an NPC from the combat tracker supposed to remove the token? My expectation is that it would, but that's not how it works now.

Trenloe
June 6th, 2014, 04:49
Trenloe - is deleting an NPC from the combat tracker supposed to remove the token? My expectation is that it would, but that's not how it works now.
Only tokens that are linked to a specific NPC record in the combat tracker - i.e. the token was dragged from the combat tracker to the map. If it is not done this way there is no link to the NPC record so when the record is deleted there is no linked token to delete.

It still works fine for me.

ttuckel
June 7th, 2014, 14:53
Hi,
I've just updated to latest version and I now get an error when opening a tab (like 'Skills'...) in the charactersheet. I'm using the Dark Heresy ruleset ( https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20048-Warhammer-40K-Dark-Heresy-Ruleset-for-FG-3-0-Created&p=171533&viewfull=1#post171533 )

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'setVisibility' (a nil value)

Thank you in advance !

damned
June 7th, 2014, 16:15
deleting linked entries still works for me...
what doesnt seem to work for me in Castles&Crusades ruleset is the reporting of dead/unconscious personalities as their HP hit zero or lower...

dr_venture
June 8th, 2014, 01:45
Hey Moon, just noticed a bug last night: if a player has a token targeted and the token is then hidden, the player continues to target the invisible token... at which point there's little point in being invisible :D The workaround is to use your new targeting feature in teh CT to manually remove any targeting, so thank you for that!

Andraax
June 8th, 2014, 03:55
Found an interesting bug in the range calculations for the targeting arrows (I really like them having the range!). Both of these should have the same range:

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/range.png

damned
June 8th, 2014, 07:55
i think your 2 pcs are right on the cross hairs but the target is slightly more towards RHS of screen. at some point it increments from 10 to 15...

Andraax
June 8th, 2014, 13:33
Snap to grid is on. Just because the token image is slightly offset, the range should still be calculated to the center snap point. Look at the red box, it's centered.

Trenloe
June 8th, 2014, 13:35
Snap to grid is on. Just because the token image is slightly offset, the range should still be calculated to the center snap point. Look at the red box, it's centered.
I can recreate the issue.

Trigan
June 8th, 2014, 21:59
Hi,
I've just updated to latest version and I now get an error when opening a tab (like 'Skills'...) in the charactersheet. I'm using the Dark Heresy ruleset ( https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20048-Warhammer-40K-Dark-Heresy-Ruleset-for-FG-3-0-Created&p=171533&viewfull=1#post171533 )

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'setVisibility' (a nil value)

Thank you in advance !

I'm getting this same error when opening the NPC list, or adding a new image in the Vampire: The Masquarade ruleset.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_list.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'setVisibility' (a nil value)

Trenloe
June 8th, 2014, 22:07
I'm getting this same error when opening the NPC list, or adding a new image in the Vampire: The Masquarade ruleset.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_list.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'setVisibility' (a nil value)

I recommend you post these issues in the specific ruleset thread. It will more than likely require a fix from the ruleset developer.

Trigan
June 8th, 2014, 23:16
I recommend you post these issues in the specific ruleset thread. It will more than likely require a fix from the ruleset developer.

Thank you and, yes, I did this backwards. After posting my reply to this thread I went to the ruleset thread and found an update that fixed the problem. I would be curious to know what change caused it, though, as I'm trying to learn how to develop my own rulesets.

Leonal
June 9th, 2014, 08:49
In FG 3.0.4 Live we're unable to delete NPCs from the combat tracker using the WH40KDarkHeresy CoreRPG ruleset. It worked fine in 3.0.3 but not in 3.0.4 (test and live). Is there anything we can edit to fix this?

As we're unable to downgrade to 3.0.3 there'll be a bunch of NPCs wanting to fight until this is fixed. ;)

Edit: Assuming it's similar to this issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21101-Can-t-Delete-NPC-from-combat-Tracker-v3-0-4-D-amp-D-3-5&highlight=combat+tracker+delete

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2014, 22:40
Hot fix pushed to address PFRPG/3.5E NPC spell damage/heal rolls not working, and multi word skill effect modifiers not working.

I looked into Dark Heresy, and it looks like something that will need more attention as it does not fully inherit from CoreRPG.

Regards,
JPG

Leonal
June 10th, 2014, 17:46
Thanks for looking into it, JPG. Perhaps sciencephile can make the necessary changes, if they need to be done in the ruleset itself. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20048-Warhammer-40K-Dark-Heresy-Ruleset-for-FG-3-0-Created&p=178087&viewfull=1#post178087

jasonisop
June 10th, 2014, 22:00
Was the hotfix suppose to fix the Non standard die rolls from NPC sheets in 3.5e? If so that is still broken.

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2014, 02:56
Working on DH stuff. Should have something tomorrow.

Non standard dice will not work in NPC fields. That requires a more general rewrite of dice handling in the ruleset, so it will come later. Which creature/NPC uses non-standard dice for damage?

Regards,
JPG

jasonisop
June 11th, 2014, 03:15
This is all self created creatures, its not a huge deal as I can roll it by hand or /die command, but would be nice if it was automated.

Angloson
June 11th, 2014, 14:30
Hello all. I like this new update. The new look is fab. We played just last night (Pathfinder ruleset) with it and found a few oddities.

We saw that some of the weapons and spells in the Actions tab, had to be rewritten. Some of these were ones we had created, especially for specific classes such as the monk or witch. These are no problem or minor issues.

The main concern we have is with players not being able to cast spells on other players. That is, one PC targeted another, confirmed by map arrows and the combat tracker, but when the healing spell was cast it did not automatically heal the targeted PC. We tried damage spells, healing spells, buff spells and even attacks. Nothing affected the targeted PCs. I had to manually adjust the results for each of these actions.

Are we missing a new setting that allows this or is there a different method of "targeting friendlies" now?

Thanks.

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2014, 21:40
Just tried in my test campaign based on my last PFRPG campaign, and targeted healing was working for me. I tried targeting from map, as well as targeting via targeting button in CT.

Can you provide a ZIP file with your campaign to [email protected], and walk me through the steps to recreate?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2014, 23:01
I responded to another thread that was having issues, and had an idea.

Are you running extensions for your campaign? If so, can you disable and test again?

Thanks,
JPG

geanon
June 12th, 2014, 00:34
Just tried in my test campaign based on my last PFRPG campaign, and targeted healing was working for me. I tried targeting from map, as well as targeting via targeting button in CT.

Can you provide a ZIP file with your campaign to [email protected], and walk me through the steps to recreate?

Thanks,
JPG

Hi I play games of PFRPG with Angloson, the issue we are having was that when targeting a friendly PC under another players control you cannot effect them (heal, damage, attack), this is happened both in a game he runs and a game I run although we may use similar modules,

we can however target friendly PC's under the same players control as well as any NPC's and hostiles, unsure why only PC's under other players control.

I responded to another thread that was having issues, and had an idea.

Are you running extensions for your campaign? If so, can you disable and test again?

Thanks,
JPG

As far as I know i'm not using any extensions, I've not really added anything to fantasy grounds other than Modules

Thanks
Geanon

Moon Wizard
June 12th, 2014, 02:33
Thanks for the detail. I will see if I can recreate locally.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 12th, 2014, 20:42
Hot Fix

Record locking not working in CoreRPG-derived rulesets. Fixed.
PC actions targeting PCs not owned by user forget their targets. Fixed.

JPG

Trenloe
June 12th, 2014, 22:15
Hot Fix

JPG
Cool. :)

When you post hot fixes would you mind mentioning which XML or LUA files are updated so that us extension developers who have already updated our extensions to 3.0.4 (or whichever future version) will know if we need to update our extensions again to take the hot fix into account. That would be great! Thanks. :)

Moon Wizard
June 12th, 2014, 22:34
Yeah, a bit more hotfix needs than I like to see on this one.

The changes were in CoreRPG ruleset in the files: campaign/template_campaign.xml ("button_record_locked" template), and scripts/manager_actor.lua (getActor function).

As a general note, if you are having to replace the global script files in CoreRPG for your extension, we should talk to see how I can make hooks for you since these are the basis for how lots of things work.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
June 12th, 2014, 23:57
In 3.0.4 5E ruleset, targeted healing issue (sorry just noticed this was happening). Heal die rolls but heals are not applied to target. Can drag from chat to target and heals just fine.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2014, 00:00
In 3.0.4 5E ruleset, targeted healing issue (sorry just noticed this was happening). Heal die rolls but heals are not applied to target. Can drag from chat to target and heals just fine.
Is this before or after the hot fix update that came out today?

dulux-oz
June 13th, 2014, 04:44
When you post hot fixes would you mind mentioning which XML or LUA files are updated so that us extension developers who have already updated our extensions to 3.0.4 (or whichever future version) will know if we need to update our extensions again to take the hot fix into account. That would be great! Thanks. :)

I'll second that request - thanks. :)

Angloson
June 13th, 2014, 13:14
Hot Fix

JPG

THANKS!!! We appreciate the speed at which you all work!

jasonisop
June 13th, 2014, 18:52
Yes, thank you. You get right on top of issues, acknowledging them even if its not what your working on that moment.

kane280484
June 13th, 2014, 18:52
Is it just me or I can't modify spell actions now? Looked through forums and this thread and nobody seems to mention it.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2014, 19:10
Is it just me or I can't modify spell actions now? Looked through forums and this thread and nobody seems to mention it.
You may need to press the magnifying glass icon at the end of the action line to bring up a window with more details.

If this doesn't work, which ruleset are you using? Is this for new spells or existing spells with actions? Is this for PCs or NPCs? Are you running any extensions?

kane280484
June 13th, 2014, 19:48
You may need to press the magnifying glass icon at the end of the action line to bring up a window with more details. That's it. It was something I could not figure out. I believe in previous version it worked in a different way and I didn't noticed it. That's a huge relief, I was afraid something is broken in my FG and for some reason I could not figure it out myself.

a) I am dumb
b) Magnifying glass icon is not legible enough
c) Both :)

leetsepeak
June 13th, 2014, 19:53
My friends and I are having an error. We're using the new world of darkness community ruleset, and when we opened up our character sheets today, our GM can't see the sheet, all she can see is the X button for exiting it. She's running version 3.0.4

Another one of our players is also running 3.0.4 and they also cannot access their character sheet. However I have not updated yet, I am running on version 3.0.2 and I can see my character sheet.

When we start a new server, she can view character sheets just fine. Is there any way to retrieve our character sheets/make them visible again on our server to our members who've updated? I'm hesitant to update for fear of suffering the same problem.

We have attempted to create a new server and copy over the files from our old server to the new one, and the error persists.

Screenshots will be forthcoming.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2014, 19:57
My friends and I are having an error. We're using the new world of darkness community ruleset, and when we opened up our character sheets today, our GM can't see the sheet, all she can see is the X button for exiting it. She's running version 3.0.4

Another one of our players is also running 3.0.4 and they also cannot access their character sheet. However I have not updated yet, I am running on version 3.0.2 and I can see my character sheet.

When we start a new server, she can view character sheets just fine. Is there any way to retrieve our character sheets/make them visible again on our server to our members who've updated? I'm hesitant to update for fear of suffering the same problem.

We have attempted to create a new server and copy over the files from our old server to the new one, and the error persists.

Screenshots will be forthcoming.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21304-New-World-of-Darkness-Issues

leetsepeak
June 13th, 2014, 20:04
Thank you for the link, I replied to that thread with a request regarding the issue.

jasonisop
June 15th, 2014, 16:29
In my game last night I ran into another NPC sheet bug. If you share a NPC with a Player, the targeting does not work from the NPC sheet. They could however drop the attack and damage dice on the target in the combat tracker or the map token. This was the first time ive shared a NPC so im not sure if its always worked this way or not.

Also I was messing around with /die rolls and it seems that it has limits to the number of dice rolled, but instead of failing with a message it rolls and give incorrect results. example /die 3000d100. Yes i know no one is hardly ever going to need to roll any thing like that, but say your rolling for a random year in the past or the future.

darrenan
June 15th, 2014, 16:57
Sharing NPCs with players was behaving differently than what you described. My players were unable to set the targets for the NPCs, but once I set the target for them, the NPC sheet was working fine.

Trenloe
June 15th, 2014, 17:46
In my game last night I ran into another NPC sheet bug. If you share a NPC with a Player, the targeting does not work from the NPC sheet. They could however drop the attack and damage dice on the target in the combat tracker or the map token. This was the first time ive shared a NPC so im not sure if its always worked this way or not.
I've just tested this and it is still working for me.

The GM needs to do a few things to enable full use of an NPC by the players (one of the key things being changing the NPC faction to friendly - green smiley face on CT). Full details and steps here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20711-Any-interest-in-a-Summon-Monster-Nature-Ally-module&p=171712&viewfull=1#post171712

jasonisop
June 15th, 2014, 22:23
NPC sheet player control is fixed, I removed the NPC and started it all over from scratch.

leozelig
June 18th, 2014, 01:08
Thank you for the update - I like the changes to the CoreRPG ruleset!

Question...

Is it possible to disable alphabetical sorting of character sheet entries? For example, if I am adding ability scores on the main page, Strength will auto-sort to the lower half of the list, but I want it to be the first item.

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2014, 01:22
Not right now, but a good point.

The default is to sort by underlying database order, which is essentially creation order unless something is deleted in the middle.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2014, 01:24
Not right now, but good point. I'll put on list.

Regards,
JPG

flaviodupim
June 19th, 2014, 00:40
After the update i'm getting a lot of errors when I tried to enter the "Action" space of the character sheet:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action.lua"]:54: attempt to index global 'toggle_attack' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action.lua"]:54: attempt to index global 'toggle_attack' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'getActorType' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'getActorType' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action.lua"]:37: attempt to call field 'getActorType' (a nil value)

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 01:08
After the update i'm getting a lot of errors when I tried to enter the "Action" space of the character sheet:

Looks like you're running at least the Ability Damage Extension, if not other extensions as well - this extension is not compatible with 3.0.4.

Check the forum threads for each of your extensions to see that they are compatible with 3.0.4. Remove the ones that aren't compatible/haven't been updated for 3.0.4.

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2014, 02:31
Hot Fix

[PFRPG/3.5E] Ongoing damage effects not being applied with damage type information. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] DR with and/or clauses was being ignored. Fixed.
[CHAR CONVERTER] Missing weapon damage data when Hero Lab output imported into FG local/campaign directly. Fixed.

JPG

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 02:40
Hot Fix

[PFRPG/3.5E] Ongoing damage effects not being applied with damage type information. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] DR with and/or clauses was being ignored. Fixed.

Are these updating 3.5E scripts/manager_combat2.lua ??

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2014, 02:48
It changes these functions in the 3.5E ruleset files:
ActionDamage.decodeDamageTypes, ActionDamage.getDamageAdjust, EffectManager.getEffectsByType

JPG

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 02:52
It changes these functions in the 3.5E ruleset files:
ActionDamage.decodeDamageTypes, ActionDamage.getDamageAdjust, EffectManager.getEffectsByType

JPG
Cool, thanks - no need for me to update any of the extensions I maintain.

Thanks for the hot fix and the info.

Unahim
June 21st, 2014, 14:28
Is there a way to automate NPC attacks in the current 5e ruleset, or is it all by hand for now?

edit: Found it now, though spellcasting classes are confounding me. Can't really figure out how to set the PCs up so that the preperation/casting works according to the rules.