PDA

View Full Version : PFS Player - a short introduction

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 4th, 2014, 13:10
Greetings. I have been moderately active here in the FG-verse, mostly trying to find a game to get into. As it sits, I have not been able to square my work/school schedule with a consistent game night. As such, I decided that I would like to try to play in a PFS game, since I had some experience with Living Greyhawk many years ago. Locally, they PFS groups meet every other Saturday, which just so happens to be the weekends that I am unavailable. Why am I telling you this? Well, I am hoping that I can still get the opportunity to play in a game every once in a while via FG.

Currently, I run a home game that meets twice a week, and that is going rather well. But, for the last 15+ years I have been DM/GMing games for friends and family. My players all enjoy the games I run, as they are very story driven. My background in creative writing lends itself well to creating stories that drive my players, and evolve based on what they do. PFS is not something they have showed any interest in, nor have any of my current players showed much interest in running a game. I truly enjoy running games, but I would be less than truthful if I did not say that I longed for the opportunity to actually play a character as part of group.

That said, I have played a grand total of two PFS games. The first was a bit rough, as the GM showed up expecting to play, only to be told that he would be running a beginning module for new players. It was apparent that he was not happy. The second game I played in was amazingly well done. The GM is a regular PFS GM, and was happy to have enough players to field a table. I did not have a character in the correct tier, so I played a pregen cleric. It was that session that solidified my new found passion for PFS.

So, I have subscribed to the game announcement forum, and I will be checking regularly (now that I have a regular schedule) and I look forward to jumping into a game with you fine folks. Thanks for reading.

Brinn

Blackfoot
June 4th, 2014, 17:15
I recommend you sign up for the game I've posted here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21257-First-Steps-Part-I-In-Service-of-Lore&p=177245#post177245)... if it isn't one of the two you have played already... and even if it is.. it is one of the replayable ones. I will be running more starter games in the future.. but this is certainly one.

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 4th, 2014, 19:07
I recommend you sign up for the game I've posted here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21257-First-Steps-Part-I-In-Service-of-Lore&p=177245#post177245)... if it isn't one of the two you have played already... and even if it is.. it is one of the replayable ones. I will be running more starter games in the future.. but this is certainly one.

It is one that I have played, and I actually was going to sign up, but at the moment Tuesday nights are out for me until around 8pm. I have a standing date night with my wife on that night, and I don't feel it wise to tell her that I have to miss it due to a game. She may not be too happy about that. ;) Most other nights are good for me, as my schedule is pretty set. Tuesdays and Thursdays are about the only days I am unavailable.

damned
June 4th, 2014, 22:52
dont dump your wife for a game!

Skellan
June 4th, 2014, 23:01
I am have lots of pfs modules lined up to run. I will start posting sessions soon. Keep an eye out on the game announcements thread :)

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 5th, 2014, 03:21
damned -- LOL I would never. I am trying to get her into trying out FG, and PFS. She plays in my homegame right now, and really enjoys it. I got lucky, and married a fellow geek.

Skellan -- Awesome. I will keep an eye on the thread. I am also not opposed to playing a pregen if needed. :D Thanks again.

Blackfoot
June 5th, 2014, 03:34
I am trying to get her into trying out FG, and PFS. She plays in my homegame right now, and really enjoys it. I got lucky, and married a fellow geek.Sounds like just the thing for date night. :)

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 5th, 2014, 12:28
Sounds like just the thing for date night. :)

I agree. She wants to see how it runs first, so she can make an informed decision. That's my wife. :D

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 7th, 2014, 17:17
Talked two of my old players from several years ago (and several states away) to join PFS. They have FG already, so it looks like I might have gotten a couple of new players. YAY! Just thought I would share that with everyone. Cheers.

Blackfoot
June 7th, 2014, 17:37
I still have one slot open in my Tuesday game if one of them would like to play.

Brinn_Thornfoot
June 7th, 2014, 18:06
I will shoot them a text and let them know. I am not sure what their schedules are like right now. I wish I could take that slot, as I need one more to level my cleric of Torag. Oh well, another time perhaps. :D

Skellan
June 9th, 2014, 21:39
That's great. You have enough for a pfs table (with me running an npc) and its unlikely no one else will join. If you 3 can give me a times when you are all available I could run something for you. I am GMT friendly time so it would have to be your morning/afternoon

Lord Kavos
June 10th, 2014, 02:03
I would possibly be interested too Skellan, now that i'm at home I am a bit more flexible with my playing times...and because i'm my dads full time carer, I cant go out to play anymore, so FG is my gaming world at present...