PDA

View Full Version : Giving PCs control of NPCs

greyhoundgames
June 2nd, 2014, 20:07
I have something in mind for a campaign where it would be very helpful to allow pre-created monsters dragged in from the library to be moved around by pcs. Is there any way to do this?If they could also inspect them to double click on attacks much like the GM can that would be even more useful.

jshauber
June 2nd, 2014, 20:17
Once the NPC is on the combat tracker you can change it to friendly to the party or green face.

The PCs then should be able to move it and do it's attacks.

If it is going to be a long term NPC that the PCs control, you might want to make a character sheet for it and allow one of the PCs to play it each session. In essence they run two characters, their own and the NPC.

darrenan
June 2nd, 2014, 20:18
I think you can drag an NPC onto a character portrait to give them control of the NPC. Also, if NPCs are part of the 'friendly' faction in the combat tracker, I believe they are allowed to at least move them (or propose moves if tokens are locked). The easiest way to verify this is to just start up two copies of FG locally, make one the host and have the other join, and then play around with stuff to see how it works.

greyhoundgames
June 2nd, 2014, 20:29
Wow. This worked and I was also able to attack with the pre defined attacks. Wasn't expecting everything to be fully doable ;)

Callum
June 2nd, 2014, 22:04
Trenloe spells out the necessary steps in more detail here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20711-Any-interest-in-a-Summon-Monster-Nature-Ally-module&p=171712&viewfull=1#post171712).