PDA

View Full Version : Mac editing tools?

VenomousFiligree
June 1st, 2014, 10:38
For those that use a Mac what software do you use for XML and lua?

Andraax
June 1st, 2014, 15:58
There is a version of vim for Mac.

damned
June 2nd, 2014, 02:21
@Zeus uses a Mac - worth pinging him to see what he uses...

Zeus
June 3rd, 2014, 10:11
I use TextMate (https://macromates.com) which i have found to be quite close in functionality to Notepad++ on Windows. It supports XML and Lua, code folding and all the other useful syntax gubbings.
For graphics/maps I use Photoshop and some custom homebrew tools.

M_A_G_O
June 18th, 2014, 23:03
Zeus one question, how do you open .mod archives in order to make changes on them?

Thank you

damned
June 18th, 2014, 23:12
open them with a zip tool - you may be able to do this direct with your zip tool or you may have to rename the file to something.zip or something.mod.zip.

ianmward
June 19th, 2014, 10:36
I use Eclipse for most of my development and it is free and it has good XML support.
I found plugins for Lua (lua development tools, I think) and image editing, so you can do pretty much everything in it.
Also you can create a project which links straight to your FG data folder...

Zeus
June 21st, 2014, 22:54
Zeus one question, how do you open .mod archives in order to make changes on them?

Thank you

You can use any ZIP decompression tool like Stuffit Expander (bundled with OSX). Right click the .mod file and select Get Info. Then change the file type .mod to be associated with Stuffit Expander. Be sure to apply the changes to all files of this type. You should then be able to simply double click the file in Finder to uncompress.

M_A_G_O
June 22nd, 2014, 22:29
You can use any ZIP decompression tool like Stuffit Expander (bundled with OSX). Right click the .mod file and select Get Info. Then change the file type .mod to be associated with Stuffit Expander. Be sure to apply the changes to all files of this type. You should then be able to simply double click the file in Finder to uncompress.

Ok, now i am able to open them, in fact, both with iZIP and with Stuffit Expanded, but now i am having problems in saving them. I can change the Thumbnail without problems, but when i try to introduce changes in the name of the archive or similar, then i am not able to read it in the FG. The FG opens the .mod, but there is no access to the data inside