PDA

View Full Version : Creating new ruleset based on CoreRPG

Qai
May 31st, 2014, 14:24
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum section. The CoreRPG section seems to be more oriented towards discussions regarding actual RPGs rather than technical problems.

I'm trying to create a new ruleset from scratch using CoreRPG. Before I even start any customizations, I did a check to see that simply extracting and repackacing CoreRPG works using FGPEMUtility.exe. When I do this, I get a bunch of errors on startup and the GM screen looks like the following image I've attached.

Am I doing something wrong?

MODERATOR: Moved to Workshop forum.

Magnatude
May 31st, 2014, 19:59
Cant see the png, need to swap it out with a jpg

When I edit a ruleset, I take the pak file copy/paste onto another folder on my drive...

Then I change .pak to .zip and extract it...

Then modify the xml/lua with Notpad+, when done rezip and change .zip to .pak under a new name.
Then throw it back into the Ruleset folder and pray as I try it in FG.

I'm not a scripter, I do learn from example, and I like seeing the xml (convert it in my brain) and then start my kung-fu on it.
I've never done it by scratch... too much for me. ;)

Trenloe
May 31st, 2014, 20:35
There is no need to repack if you are developing. It is best to develop against a ruleset in directory form rather than .pak as you can make changes and simply /reload the ruleset without having to repack as well.

Follow the steps in post #1 in this thread and you should get started OK: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20651-Modifying-the-CoreRPG-ruleset

Qai
May 31st, 2014, 21:21
Thanks guys. What seemed to solve it was renaming .pak to .zip and extracting the files using a different zip utility (the built-in one that Windows has). For some reason extracting the .pak with FGPEMUtility.exe consistently produces errors, even if I load the ruleset using the directory without repacking.