PDA

View Full Version : Extension with Select Optional Rules

Dakadin
May 31st, 2014, 04:58
[Updated to be compatible with RMC v2]

Here's an extension that I am currently using in my campaign that I thought others might want to use. It contains 2 changes. The third thing is in the ruleset now.

Rolemaster Companion 1 - 4.22 Elves and SD - The Sneaky Elf Approach (NOT NEEDED IF YOU HAVE RM COMPANION 1)
Rolemaster Companion 4 - 3.1 Movement Pace Anomalies
Initiative used 1d100 instead of 2d10 (included in the ruleset options now)

The first one changes the SD bonus to a positive number for the Stalk and Hide skills. As long as the race name contains elf in it or it matches one of the Shadow World elf or half-elf race names it will adjust the racial SD bonus to a positive number when calculating the stat bonus for Stalk and Hide skills.

The second one adjusts difficulties for pace to match the Rolemaster Companion 4 section 3.1. The new values will show up in the combat tracker movement calculator for the MM table to use for the pace.

The third one is now included in the ruleset so is no longer part of this extension. It uses 1d100 instead of 2d10 for initiative. Initiative seemed too static in my game so I figured I would add a bit more randomness to it.

RMC Optional Rules v1.0 (Works with RMC v2+)

Tiqon
May 31st, 2014, 08:42
Nice Dakadin.

I have just manually edited the sneaky elven thing, as I use that optional rule too.
Initiative D100 is nice because thats how we did in the old times, and I was wondering why that changed.
I seldom use manuvers and pace in combat as it can slow the combat further down (more rolling and decision making, how fast do I move and what are the consequences of that...), I try to give my combat a more cinematic feeling than a strategic boardgame, if you follow me. I try to pace the combat to get that feeling of blood pumping chaos that combat is :) and make judgements then and there if what they want to do is possible when it comes to movement. Near impossible, but I try. But maybe with FG doing all the calculations and the easy access to all the info I will change my mind, Ill have to read up on it :).

Very good extension thanks :).

Senoj
June 1st, 2014, 01:35
Thanks, Dakadin. I especially like the added part about matching the Shadow World races.

Dakadin
June 1st, 2014, 02:14
Let me know if there are any elf races that should be included from other settings.

pauljmendoza
June 2nd, 2014, 04:51
Thanks!

pauljmendoza
June 9th, 2014, 22:07
How was this implemented if I may ask? We have an Elven Healer who is being killed by the SD mod. I would love to change this for her in the extension so that her First Aid and Meditation skills make more sense culturally (Elves are gifted healers in this setting).

Dakadin
June 9th, 2014, 22:35
If you change from .EXT to .ZIP, you can get to the contents. You will need to look for the rules\scripts\rules_pc.lua file. On line 47 there is an if statement that is checking for the skill names. You will need to add the additional skills to that line using additional or entries. Be sure to use the fullname of the skills. For those two skills I would change this line:

if string.find(skillName, "[Hh]ide") or string.find(skillName, "[Ss]talk") then

to this:

if string.find(skillName, "[Hh]ide") or string.find(skillName, "[Ss]talk") or string.find(skillName, "First Aid") or string.find(skillName, "Meditation") then

pauljmendoza
June 10th, 2014, 00:13
Thank You!!
Going to try to get this down now!

Dakadin
June 10th, 2014, 00:38
Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

pauljmendoza
June 10th, 2014, 01:25
Will do.

pauljmendoza
June 10th, 2014, 02:23
Seems to work fine.

Dakadin
June 10th, 2014, 03:37
Very cool! :)

plastictotoro
May 30th, 2016, 22:16
Error message with Rolemaster Classic ruleset for Fantasy Grounds, version 1.7.5

I would like to ask, how to fix the following error message after the update to Rolemaster Classic ruleset for Fantasy Grounds, version 1.7.5?
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct.lua"]:88: attempt to index field 'quicknessBonus' (a nil value)

Thanks
plastictotoro

Dakadin
May 30th, 2016, 23:33
Hi Plastictotoro,

Just a few thoughts:
Have you tried removing the entry from the combat tracker and re-adding it?
Do you have version 0.3 of the Optional Rules extension?
Is it happening for a PC or NPC?
What are you doing when you get the error?

plastictotoro
May 31st, 2016, 00:29
Hi Plastictotoro,

Just a few thoughts:
Have you tried removing the entry from the combat tracker and re-adding it?
Do you have version 0.3 of the Optional Rules extension?
Is it happening for a PC or NPC?
What are you doing when you get the error?

Thanks for the quick answer.
I am using: RMC Optional Rules v0.1
I made some tests:
- PC are not effected
- monster directly from the creature & treasure Law also not
- monster added via the encounter feature throw the error then adding it to the combat tracker and during the roll of the ini

I hope this can help you.

Where I can download the newest version of the Optional rules v0.3?

thanks for the answer
plastictotoro

Dakadin
May 31st, 2016, 00:35
You can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28731-New-ruleset-update-in-beta-testing&p=258047&viewfull=1#post258047

Let me know if you see any issues after you get version 0.3.

plastictotoro
May 31st, 2016, 18:09
The problem still happend.
Can I send you same data for analysing?

Dakadin
June 1st, 2016, 02:12
Yes, that would be helpful. I sent you a PM with my contact details.

Dakadin
June 2nd, 2016, 04:12
With Plastictotoro help, I was able to track down the issue to the RMC Optional Rules extension. It was missing a couple of late features that were added to the ruleset. You can find version 0.4 which resolves the issue here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21208-Extension-with-Select-Optional-Rules&p=176691#post176691

Mac77
July 28th, 2018, 22:38
Excellent, thank you, these extensions for RMC really add more depth and choice to the game play.

Dakadin
February 25th, 2019, 00:46
Updated the Optional Rules extension to version 0.5. This version corrects the SetEnabled errors that occur with the latest version of FG and the ruleset. New version in the first post.

Bale Nomad
July 6th, 2020, 00:30
Dakadin,

Maybe I missed a post somewhere. I know you've been extremely busy with the ruleset. What is the plan to update the RMC Optional Rules extension for the new version of the ruleset?

Bale Nomad

Dakadin
July 6th, 2020, 02:32
Hi Bale Nomad,

No, you didn't miss it. I just let it slip through the cracks when I was working on the ruleset. I will get it updated soon.

Dakadin

Dakadin
July 9th, 2020, 05:27
This extension has been updated to work with the RMC v2+ ruleset.

DodjerArtfell
August 20th, 2020, 13:28
Neat little extension. We've used the Sneaky Elf option for decades. For MERP/LOTR, we also flip the SD stat for the Terror/Fear resistance for Elves. Not sure about the Elves in other RM worlds, but if they are also less apt to be fearful/break from morale situations, perhaps this could be added? If not, I've adjusted the Elf stats in my campaign and it works nicely. ;-)

Dakadin
August 20th, 2020, 16:59
You can just add a modifier to the Spec or Misc columns to offset the penalty for the Terror RR. :)

DodjerArtfell
August 20th, 2020, 18:42
Yeah that works nicely.