PDA

View Full Version : Help with importing

DriftingRonin
May 30th, 2014, 05:18
So I am new to Fantasy Grounds, have only played two games so far but hope to play many more, and I have a question about importing characters. I use Hero Lab to generate and level characters and tried using both the output to .xml and output for Fantasy Grounds and was unable to import them using the manage characters option in Fantasy Grounds. I've been able to import the .xml of the character that the GM sent me from my first game but that is the only one, I have not been able to do any new ones or that same character updated with Hero Lab. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Trenloe
May 30th, 2014, 06:08
This might help: https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/

See the "Importing your PC from Hero Lab" and "Using Fantasy Grounds Character Converter" sections.

DriftingRonin
May 30th, 2014, 17:45
I looked at the page to import your character the only problem is that I bought it through Steam, so I can't go to programs and use the converter like it is explained in the tutorial. I don't seem to have that option to convert the character using Fantasy Grounds.

Trenloe
May 30th, 2014, 17:55
I looked at the page to import your character the only problem is that I bought it through Steam, so I can't go to programs and use the converter like it is explained in the tutorial. I don't seem to have that option to convert the character using Fantasy Grounds.
I've updated the instructions to cover Steam users accessing the Character Converter.

The Character Converter is installed in the \utilities folder of the Fantasy Grounds Application Data Folder - this is accessed by clicking the "Open data folder" icon in the top right of the main Fantasy Grounds start-up screen, which will open up a Windows Explorer window - open the "utilities" folder and run the CharacterConverter application.

DriftingRonin
May 30th, 2014, 18:35
Thanks for the help and I appreciate the quick answers.