PDA

View Full Version : BATTLETECH: A Time of War (FASA Mechwarrior RPG Redux)

Magnatude
May 27th, 2014, 19:01

I've finished the player-end of the reference manual... however its still in Default-Module Format, which is "ok" for now, I'll have to do some XML'ing.

If Moon Wizard could reply, To make my Traits/Abilities drag/droppable for CoreRules (Test Version) Ability page on the players Character sheet. do I edit the xml to tag items as "feat"?

If someone willing to help out making the Character sheets more functional, please, let me know.
I just want a new Sheet tab to jot down Skills, if it can be set up exactly like the First Tab that would be perfect... of does Wizard have a snippet of code I could use to do this?

I'm currently working on all the weapons, equipment and then Vehicles/Mechs/Space-Aerotech in a new Module. For my GM side.

Once I'm done, I'll put together a little adventure and test this out on some players.

I did email Catalyst, the publisher of the PDF's but I suppose it will be a bit before I hear back from them.
The problem is, I cant OGL this, the Lore is impossible to pull off the Building blocks of the Characters.
So for now its "My use only" unless they give me a nod to share, or if they make a deal with Smiteworks.

I did mention this a while back when I was first asking the Forum members if there would be any interest in THIS, and there were a few who piped up. Would BATTLETECH be a seller on FG as an official Ruleset?
Believe me, the sheer amount of reference material here is HUGE.

Moon Wizard
May 28th, 2014, 00:10
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20847-Beta-release-v3-0-4&p=176327&viewfull=1#post176327

JPG

Magnatude
May 28th, 2014, 00:21
Oooo... its like... "awesome-sauce!"

Wandering Canuck
September 24th, 2017, 21:09
I'm very interested in this. Would be happy to play test this. Let me know if you need help with this. Keep up the hard work.

jkagie
October 11th, 2017, 02:20
I am also interested in this. Any news? Also GrimmSpector is looking to put together a ruleset as well. Maybe you guys can help each other.

Brotherkelly
October 18th, 2019, 13:22
Has there been any progress on this. Interested to know as I am considering trying to create a character sheet.

LordEntrails
October 18th, 2019, 16:43
Has there been any progress on this. Interested to know as I am considering trying to create a character sheet.
The OP hasn't posted on the forums since December 2016, so I assume its safe to assume not :(
You can try PMimg them and see if they reply.

Stormfury
December 2nd, 2019, 16:19
I'd really be up for this as well. Shame it seems to be dead. :(

Magnatude
December 2nd, 2019, 17:53
Yeah, there was no further contact with Catalyst, I've reached out to them numerous times.
Right now I have the core book built on a module format on my own computer, for my own use. Unfortunately I would violate copyright if I shared it.

however it does not stop yourselves from creating your own module, although tedious, you can do it.

Stormfury
December 2nd, 2019, 18:54
Thanks for the response. I think this is a missed opportunity for Catalyst games. Of course they are no longer selling the book except digitally as well. :(

Talyn
December 2nd, 2019, 22:46
While it's great that you at least kinda opened a line of communication (though it appears to have been one-way?) SmiteWorks tends to frown upon (trust me, that's putting it mildly) us contacting publishers and creators ourselves. If you have a project in mind, especially if you've already done a lot of work on it, contact SmiteWorks support and they will get the ball rolling if the publisher/studio is willing to talk.

Mortar
December 2nd, 2019, 23:19
Yeah, there was no further contact with Catalyst, I've reached out to them numerous times.
Right now I have the core book built on a module format on my own computer, for my own use. Unfortunately I would violate copyright if I shared it.

however it does not stop yourselves from creating your own module, although tedious, you can do it.

Holy crap man...good to hear from in some form :D

Yeah SmiteWorks cranky when you go around them... (talking from experience :o)

Brotherkelly
December 26th, 2019, 23:00
I am slowly working on the character sheet layout. Plan to upload a screen shot in the next few weeks.

Stormfury
December 30th, 2019, 11:28
Awesome! Keep us informed.

Brotherkelly
January 4th, 2020, 19:39
Have completed the first stage of the character sheet layout. See attached file.

The next stage is to figure out how to link the values put in the stats block to the saving throws section. I will generate a detailed file explaining what values go where over the next week or so and post here.

Brotherkelly
January 16th, 2020, 17:01
I am trying to work out how I can link a dice string to a STAT roll on my new character sheet (without duplicating the information via a roll in one of the cas areas) but not making any progress. The 8 key stats for the character have a Score and Modifier - the two numbers shown for each in the attached jpeg. The part of the record_char_more.xml file that handles the value display is (based on the layout for CP2020):

<!-- Dexterity -->
<stringcontrol name= "label_dexterity">
<anchored to="statsframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="234,25" width="40"/>
<font>reference-b-large</font>
<static>DEX</static>
</stringcontrol>
<stringcontrol >
<anchored to="label_dexterity" width="7" height="20" >
<top anchor="top" offset="-1" />
<left parent="label_dexterity" anchor="right" relation="relative" offset="0" />
</anchored>
<static>[</static>
</stringcontrol>
<numberfield name="dexterityscore" source="stats.dexterity.score">
<anchored to="label_dexterity" width="20" height="20" >
</anchored>
<font>sheettext</font>
<target>dex</target>
<rollable />
<script>
function action(draginfo)
local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());
ActionAbility.performRoll(draginfo, rActor, self.target[1]);

return true;
end

function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
return action(draginfo);
end

function onDoubleClick(x,y)
return action();
end

function onValueChanged()
local vMod = -4;
local nStatScore = getValue();
Debug.console("Score = ", nStatScore);
if nStatScore > 9 then
vMod = 2;
elseif nStatScore > 6 then
vMod = 1;
elseif nStatScore > 3 then
vMod = 0;
elseif nStatScore > 1 then
vMod = -1;
elseif nStatScore > 0 then
vMod = -2;
else
vMod = -4;
end

Debug.console("DEX Mod: ", vMod);
window.getDatabaseNode().getChild("dexteritymod").setValue( vMod );
end
</script>
</numberfield>
<stringcontrol >
<anchored to="label_dexterity" width="10" height="20" >
</anchored>
<static>/</static>
</stringcontrol>
<numberfield name="dexteritymod" source="dexteritymod">
<anchored to="label_dexterity" width="20" height="20" >
</anchored>
<font>sheettext</font>
<target>dex</target>
</numberfield>
<stringcontrol >
<anchored to="label_dexterity" width="10" height="20" >
</anchored>
<static>]</static>
</stringcontrol>

The <script> section deals with the dice rolling and calls the Manager_Action_Ability.lua file (again taken from the CP2020 extension by Superteddy). I would like the /battled6 dice string to be used instead (the current dice roll is an exploding d10) with the Stat Score being used to add to the d2006 & d6 used in the Battled6 string, with a target number specified by a variable (in this case it would be 12). I tried renaming the custom_mananger_battled6.lua to manager_action_ability.lua but this doesn't work and have been struggling to figure out how to pass all the variables across.

Anyone got any thoughts on how to acheive this?

If more information is needed then let me know and I will post here.

superteddy57
January 25th, 2020, 17:05
Since you are using my code, then you would have to dig deeper to the ActionAbility lua script as when you double click on the control it sends the data to that script to do the roll. A good place to start on how to work with actions would be here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35531-Fantasy-Grounds-v3-X-CoreRPG-based-Actions-(dice-rolling)

The original ActionAbility was based off this tutorial

Brotherkelly
January 25th, 2020, 19:28
Thanks, I will check the link out.

I am progressing slowly with this. Gradually building up all the variables needed to make it work.

Brotherkelly
January 26th, 2020, 15:00
Sorted. Thanks Suoerteddy for giving me some pointers. The link was most useful.

Will put out a further update with the extension for people to check out and comment on.

superteddy57
January 26th, 2020, 17:52
What got me started was most of Trenloe's guides and learning 3.5E ruleset and how all the parts interacted with each other. If you see something you like in a ruleset and want to replicate it, then find it in the code and find where else it calls to and so forth. FG is very lego like in that regard.

Brotherkelly
January 28th, 2020, 20:25
So here we have the first release of the A Time of War Character sheet. It is far from complete but hopefully will give you a feel for what it does.

The attached text file explains how the stats are created and what some of the rolls do.

Thanks to Superteddy for allowing me to use some of his code and modifying it to suit.

Any questions or suggestions for improvement then let me know.

I am now working how to implement the item window in the same way it works within the Cyberpunk 2020 extension.

Brotherkelly
March 4th, 2020, 17:21
Just an update on my extension.

I have made progress on quite a few areas and am putting together some notes for the character sheet.

Hopefully I can put out and update with the extension in the next few weeks, work permitting.

Stormfury
March 4th, 2020, 17:29
Thanks for the update!

Brotherkelly
March 6th, 2020, 12:59
So here we go with another update to the character sheet. The notes attached are not complete but should give you a flavour of what can be done.

I have also attached the Mod file for completeness.

Any questions then just let me know.

This runs under MoreCore 1.52

Brotherkelly
March 18th, 2020, 15:41
Further updates have been incorporated and I will put these out over the coming weekend. Need to check all is good with MoreCore 1.54.

kronovan
March 26th, 2020, 19:21
This is very cool and progressing nicely - great job! I run a short AtoW campaign once a year, so color me very interested in this.

I'm not a fan of AtoW's Tactical combat rules and use the Alpha Strike rules for Mech combat. I also don't use the Total Warfare rules because I don't like to dedicate entire gaming sessions to a single Mech encounter. The AS rules are fast and simple enough that a session can usually support a Mech encounter and an exploration or social encounter or 2. Not to mention that the players in some of my groups struggle with the crunch of the TW rules - they're really not TW miniatures players. I don't get fancy with my Mech encounters and just use standard Battletech maps and run with the AS map conversion rules.

Using the AS rules poses a challenge though, in that they use a single combined Gunnery and Piloting skill. I have an excel character sheet that does the TW conversion of those skills as per the AtoW rules and then averages them to arrive at single skill I just call AS.

What I'm wondering is how possible would it be to eventually display such a value on this AtoW extension's character sheet?
And for that matter display converted Total Warfare Gunnery & Piloting skills for those GMs wanting to support encounters using the TW rules?

Brotherkelly
March 28th, 2020, 11:12
Hi Kronovan, thanks for your comments on the extension.

My intention for the moment is to just run sessions only involving personal combat rather than Mech Combat at the moment. Longer term I am planning to include Mech Combat. I was originally going to look at creating a second 'character' for each player that represented the Mech they control using the same basic layout of the main character sheet. Your suggestion of using Alpha Strike rules for Mech combat seems good and I will look at this as well. It would certainly speed up the combat scenarios.

I am sure I would be able to include the AS combined skill onto the main character sheet and then maybe create an additional tab on the character sheet that contains all the Mech data.

Plenty for me to work over the coming weeks and months.

Stormfury
March 28th, 2020, 12:01
For me the Personal combat is all that is needed as I'd use Megamek for the mech combat. I realize that might be a ton more than everyone uses of course. Just wanted to thank you for your efforts Brotherkelly

kronovan
March 28th, 2020, 20:20
Your suggestion of using Alpha Strike rules for Mech combat seems good and I will look at this as well. It would certainly speed up the combat scenarios.

I am sure I would be able to include the AS combined skill onto the main character sheet and then maybe create an additional tab on the character sheet that contains all the Mech data.
Personally, were I developing this extension I wouldn't go as far as implementing mech combat. As to Alpha Strike, I've found it to be quite polarizing among Battletech players. Some have a strong dislike for those rules (a slight majority IME), while others enjoy them - particularly those who prefer playing battalion+ sized battles with 3D terrain. The Pen'n'Paper RPG players in my groups with no experience with anything Battletech, have tended to prefer the AS rules too. I've seen lots of heated debate though at both the table and on forums, and I think if you develop support for mech combat (whether Total Warfare or Alpha Strike) you'll get objections. I've run both sets of rules for mech encounters in my AtoW campaigns and both types of encounters have been enjoyed. It's just that as a GM I prefer the AS rules, because those encounter are over more quickly and the group can get back to the other aspects of roleplaying faster.

IMO this is probably all that needs to be done. Just a display of the converted Total Warfare Piloting and Gunnery skills and another display of an AS combined skill that would be an averaging of those 2.

I have to admit though, I'm keen to see how far Fantasy Grounds could go in terms of hosting Alphas Strike battles with standard Battletech-TW map. From my forays into the engine with other rulesets, it seems that the ability to set a hex grid overlay could support them. There's the challenge of scale though, but I've already been adapting AS tabletop play to standard TW maps, which like TW involves defining range increments in hexes. I'd love to take a stab at creating an extension for an AS Battlemech sheet. My problem though is that so far my extension coding experience has only involved creating simple extensions for the Savage Worlds ruleset.

As I was typing that last paragraph an idea came to mind - further down the road, would it not be possible to eventually have eparate extensions for Alpha Strike and Total War Mech combat? That way an AtoW GM that didn't want to implement Mech combat could continue with business as usual, but those wanting AS or TW support could just load either extension?

Brotherkelly
April 5th, 2020, 19:41
This is very cool and progressing nicely - great job! I run a short AtoW campaign once a year, so color me very interested in this.

Using the AS rules poses a challenge though, in that they use a single combined Gunnery and Piloting skill. I have an excel character sheet that does the TW conversion of those skills as per the AtoW rules and then averages them to arrive at single skill I just call AS.

What I'm wondering is how possible would it be to eventually display such a value on this AtoW extension's character sheet?
And for that matter display converted Total Warfare Gunnery & Piloting skills for those GMs wanting to support encounters using the TW rules?

Are you able to upload the excel sheet here for me to look at. I can then see how I can incorporate a AS value on the character sheet. If you can't then send me a PM and we'll sort something out.

kronovan
April 6th, 2020, 18:17
Are you able to upload the excel sheet here for me to look at. I can then see how I can incorporate a AS value on the character sheet. If you can't then send me a PM and we'll sort something out.

Hello Brotherkelly, sorry for taking some time to reply back.

My spread sheet is actually a full-blown character builder and my Total Warfare and Alpha Strike conversion formulas are embedded within IF statements and use a vlookup function. So it probably wouldn't be of much use to you. Here's the relevant text from the A TIME OF WAR VS. TOTAL WARFARE side bar in the AToW core rulebook (pg 40):

...The chief difference between the Total Warfare approach and that used in A Time of War is this: In Total Warfare, the term “Skill Rating” refers to the target number (TN) to use the Skill under optimal conditions. For example, a MechWarrior with a Gunnery Skill Rating of 3 needs to roll a 3 or better in order to score a hit, if no other modifiers apply. Lower Skill numbers are therefore better, and modifiers apply to the TN instead of to the roll result (unless stated otherwise). In A Time of War, a character’s Skill Level is a value added to the roll result, not to the TN; therefore, a higher Skill number is better, as it increases the roll result.
In essence, the outcome is the same, regardless of the game system used (though the RPG setting allows for a wider range of possibilities for particularly resourceful players and experienced characters). To convert a character’s relevant Gunnery or Piloting Skill in A Time of War over to Total Warfare, simply subtract the character’s Skill Level from the Skill’s Base Target Number as listed on the Basic Action Check Table in this book (for example, a character with a Gunnery/’Mech Skill Level of 4 in A Time of War would have a Total Warfare Gunnery Skill Rating of 4; Base TN 8 – 4 = 4).
“Superhuman” Skills: Because Total Warfare does not recognize Skills with a TN of less than 0, any Skills converted from A Time of War that fall below a TN of 0 must be treated as 0 in Total Warfare game play (unless all players agree to allow such “superhuman” abilities in the game)...

Gunnery/'Mech and Piloting/'Mech are Simple Advanced skills, so as mentioned above they have a Target Number of 8. Any negative result is treated as 0. So the formulas are:

8 - Gunnery/'Mech skill level
8 - Piloting/'Mech skill level

There's a single unified skill in Alpha Strike, so I average 8 - Gunnery/'Mech and 8 - Piloting/'Mech. I round down the result because I'm of the nicer variety of GMs, but a GM could also choose to round it up.

((8 - Gunnery/'Mech skill level) + (8 - Piloting/'Mech skill level)) / 2

An Average and Rounddown or Roundup function could of course be used if LUA supports it.

Note that the AToW conversion guidelines for the TW skills don't add the Dexterity and Reflex link values before doing the math. One of the local AToW GMs in my area thinks that BS and does allow players to add them to the skill levels before subtracting them from 8. His thinking; the skill level plus link value is after all the bonus that's rolled in AToW. I suspect it might have been omitted by CGL to prevent players using the points builds model for creating PCs, from investing too heavily in Dexterity and Reflex. I personally don't add the links into the formulas.

Brotherkelly
April 8th, 2020, 11:41
Hi Kronovan, thanks for your info.

I am familiar with the TW to ATOW skill conversion, thanks. The bit I was looking for was how you created the AS skill level from these. Your reply makes sense and should be easy enough to include int the character sheet.

There is a math function in LUA that will provide the Rounding necessary - math.floor(x) and math.ceiling(x). I would probably round to the nearest whole number (0.5 rounding down).

I should be putting out a new version in the next week or so.

Brotherkelly
April 21st, 2020, 18:27
Hi all, it has been a while but I have made progress with the BT:ATOW extension. The latest version is attached along with the Data module. I couldn't get the module to upload as a .mod file so it is uploaded as a .zip file. Just change the file extension back to .mod and everything should work.

Place the files in the appropriate folder within your Fantasy Grounds directory.

I have also put together a basic guide on the extension (attached).

Hope you enjoy it and let me know if you encounter any issues.

wjpennington
April 21st, 2020, 18:33
thanks, cant wait to try this out

LordEntrails
April 22nd, 2020, 05:39
Hi all, it has been a while but I have made progress with the BT:ATOW extension. The latest version is attached along with the Data module. I couldn't get the module to upload as a .mod file so it is uploaded as a .zip file. Just change the file extension back to .mod and everything should work.

Keep going BK!

I don't have time to play BT, but I do love it. So I hope to be able to play it on FG someday when time permits. So I hope you are able to continue so when I do get there I've got a ruleset to use. Appreciate all you do :)

Brotherkelly
April 22nd, 2020, 11:23
Keep going BK!

I don't have time to play BT, but I do love it. So I hope to be able to play it on FG someday when time permits. So I hope you are able to continue so when I do get there I've got a ruleset to use. Appreciate all you do :)

Thanks for the support.

The system is currently designed for the personal combat side of things along with general player interaction. I intend to work on including Mech combat at some point but haven't decided on the best way yet.

Need to get the extension playtested with my online group over the coming weeks.

kronovan
April 22nd, 2020, 20:57
Very nice work Brotherkelly - this just gets better & better.

Brotherkelly
May 1st, 2020, 08:17
I am looking to put a bit more automation into my Attack & Damage rolls for the BT:ATOW extension I have created and need some assistance.

In my attack roll I calculate the Margin of Success of the attack so that it can be used to adjust the damage on the target. I cannot find a simple way to transfer this value (nMOS) from one dice string .lua to another. Therefore I have been looking at putting the value into the campaign database for use by the damage roll. I have noticed there is a <temp> node in the database so set about coding up to use this as shown below:

DB.createChild("temp.marginofsuccess");
DB.setValue(node, "temp.marginofsuccess", "number", nMOS);

nMOS has a valid value in it. However, when I check the database tree (after conducting the attack roll, saving the campaign and exiting FG) all I get is this:

<temp>
<marginofsuccess>
<id-00001>
</id-00001>
</marginofsuccess>
</temp>

Can anyone help me with getting the following:

<temp>
<marginofsuccess type="number">3</marginofsuccess>
</temp>

If there is another way to pass this value between rolls then please let me know.

Brotherkelly
May 2nd, 2020, 12:28
Hi guys, I have worked out a solution. Used the 'five' node from the combat tracker (damage area) to hold the MoS value.

Used the following variable in the attack dice string to set the node:

local sAttackMoS = rSource.sCTNode;

Then used the following to set the vale:

DB.getChild(sAttackMoS,"five").setValue(nMOS);

This is then read back in from the damage dice string:

local nMarginOfSuccess = DB.getChild(sAttackMoS,"five").getValue();

Now I am starting to add the additional combat modifiers into the automation as well as the different damage types (burst mode, splash, etc).

Will post an update when the next phase is ready.

Brotherkelly
May 17th, 2020, 09:26
Hi all,

The latest version of the extension is attached.

This includes the improved automation of the damage applied to the target taking into account hit location, armour protection and the hit margin of success bonus.

I have also included the framework for additional info when a critical hit or fumble are rolled.

Enjoy.

kronovan
May 26th, 2020, 20:53
Sounds like you're making good progress Brotherkelly. I'm downloading the new extension and should be able to try it with a player or 2 this week.

Brotherkelly
May 26th, 2020, 20:59
Sounds like you're making good progress Brotherkelly. I'm downloading the new extension and should be able to try it with a player or 2 this week.

If you need any assistance with the rolls, etc then let me know and I will provide some answers or examples.

jkagie
May 29th, 2020, 17:01
I have updated my downloads and will give it a trial. Sadly i am in the middle of several games as a player and GM so I won't be able to do a session with this any time son, but the read me has me really excited for the possibilities!

Great work BrotherKelly!

kronovan
June 3rd, 2020, 17:21
Hey BrotherKelly,

I received this error message when launching the newest v1.2.2 extension. Despite the error, I could still do some testing with my players.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_oob.lua"]:19: table index is nil

the manager_oob.lua script is part of the CoreRPG ruleset and as the error message indicates it's located in the scripts folder. The line mentioned in the error is contained in the body of this function.

function registerOOBMsgHandler(sMessageType, fCallback)
aOOBMsgHandlers[sMessageType] = fCallback;
end

When I load the BT:ATOW Data Module I receive these errors in addition to the above error:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (button_mc_locations)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (button_mc_organisations)
Runtime Notice: s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #57 }
Runtime Notice: s'onInit: registerResultHandler'

I renamed the CoreRPG.pak file so that I could get a new refresh and double checked that my MoreCore.pak ruleset was version 1.55; the latest. I also paged back in this thread to get the link to the latest ATOM Data module file (the file that has the ZIP extension instead of MOD) and re-downloaded it to my \modules folder and renamed the file extension to MOD. I had done next to no customizing on my test AToW campaign, so I deleted it, created a new one and launched it, but I still get the errors.

Brotherkelly
June 3rd, 2020, 18:31
Hey BrotherKelly,

I received this error message when launching the newest v1.2.2 extension. Despite the error, I could still do some testing with my players.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_oob.lua"]:19: table index is nil

the manager_oob.lua script is part of the CoreRPG ruleset and as the error message indicates it's located in the scripts folder. The line mentioned in the error is contained in the body of this function.

function registerOOBMsgHandler(sMessageType, fCallback)
aOOBMsgHandlers[sMessageType] = fCallback;
end

When I load the BT:ATOW Data Module I receive these errors in addition to the above error:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (button_mc_locations)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (button_mc_organisations)
Runtime Notice: s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #57 }
Runtime Notice: s'onInit: registerResultHandler'

I renamed the CoreRPG.pak file so that I could get a new refresh and double checked that my MoreCore.pak ruleset was version 1.55; the latest. I also paged back in this thread to get the link to the latest ATOM Data module file (the file that has the ZIP extension instead of MOD) and re-downloaded it to my \modules folder and renamed the file extension to MOD. I had done next to no customizing on my test AToW campaign, so I deleted it, created a new one and launched it, but I still get the errors.

Hi Kronovan,

I have just run FG with v1.2.2 extension and do not get the error message at launch. What other extensions to you have selected? Maybe one of these is causing a problem. If you could also let me know if the attacker has selected a target, as this may also cause a problem.

Regarding the other messages - ruleset warning, etc. I have been getting these as well when I do a minor tweak and reload the campaign. Doesn't seem to affect the game so I ignore them. I don't get these when I first launch the campaign.

Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

I am testing some new updates with my group tonight so I may put out an update in the next few days.

kronovan
June 3rd, 2020, 18:50
Hi Kronovan,

I have just run FG with v1.2.2 extension and do not get the error message at launch. What other extensions to you have selected?

Thanks for replying back. For my AToW campaign I'm only using the "ATOW-v1.2.2.ext" with the MoreCore ruleset, and then loading the "ATOW Data.mod" module. I'm getting those errors even when launching a new, vanilla campaign. If I don't load the ATOW Data module, I only get the 1st error I listed.

Is the latest v1.2.2 extension built upon the MoreCore v1.55 ruleset?

Brotherkelly
June 3rd, 2020, 19:15
Thanks for replying back. For my AToW campaign I'm only using the "ATOW-v1.2.2.ext" with the MoreCore ruleset, and then loading the "ATOW Data.mod" module. I'm getting those errors even when launching a new, vanilla campaign. If I don't load the ATOW Data module, I only get the 1st error I listed.

Is the latest v1.2.2 extension built upon the MoreCore v1.55 ruleset?

I have tested it with 1.55 and 1.56.

Are you running FGC or FGU?

kronovan
June 3rd, 2020, 19:27
Are you running FGC or FGU?

I'm running FGC Ultimate.

Brotherkelly
June 4th, 2020, 08:13
Hi Kronovan,

I am running FGC Standard, although the licence type shouldn't matter.

I now have a new version of the extension (attached). Tested last night with my group. The version has the critical/fumble effect working and also allows for burst fire mode.

If you also use the Data module attached you should have no problems.

The burst fire mode is applied by the GM adding the Burst Fire Effect (from the effects list) and changing the value to match the number of shots the player/NPC is firing. For example if the attacker is firing 5 shots then change Burst Fire; [edit] to Burst Fire; 5.

Let me know how you get on.

kronovan
June 5th, 2020, 21:27
Nice! That new v1.2.3 extension and data module got rid of the errors. :cool: Will do more testing as soon as I find the time.

Brotherkelly
June 5th, 2020, 23:32
Good to hear the extension us working okay. I am doing a few more tweaks to add additional automation on the attack and damage rolls. Probably be a few weeks before the next update.

Brotherkelly
June 22nd, 2020, 19:04
I will hopefully put out another update next week. Also, I may move this to a new thread so I can keep the latest version at the top of the thread.

Brotherkelly
August 29th, 2020, 17:34
It has been a while and I have been busy working on some updates. Hopefully there will be a new version put out in the next few weeks. This includes Mech combat based on the Alpha Strike rules system to provide a quicker combat sequence.

Yskonyn
September 11th, 2020, 20:58
Hi @Brotherkelly! I just want to thank you for making AToW playable in FG!
It’s undoubtedly a huge task, but I am very glad you are putting in the work for us all to enjoy. Keep up the good work and take care of yourself!

jkagie
September 11th, 2020, 23:00
Absolutely! Great work @Brotherkelly!

Brotherkelly
September 11th, 2020, 23:13
Absolutely! Great work @Brotherkelly!

Hi @Brotherkelly! I just want to thank you for making AToW playable in FG!
It’s undoubtedly a huge task, but I am very glad you are putting in the work for us all to enjoy. Keep up the good work and take care of yourself!

Thanks guys for your support.

I enjoy working on this and seeing how it plays out in FG. My group enjoy it as well. My code writing skills are limited so some of the functions are a bit clunky but they do the job. I am always looking to improve what I have done to date so any comments/suggestions would be gratefully received.

I am still working on the notes for the latest update which will be posted soon. Once this is done I will check to see if there are any issues with FGU.

greytiger10
September 18th, 2020, 14:49
Has there been a public release or is it in a private alpha/beta?

Brotherkelly
September 18th, 2020, 18:30
Has there been a public release or is it in a private alpha/beta?

There has been no public release. This extension is for personal use by the community to enhance their enjoyment of A Time of War in Fantasy Grounds.

Brotherkelly
September 19th, 2020, 14:01
Just to let everyone know I have created a new thread in the MoreCore Ruleset section with the latest Extension update. It can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62061-MoreCore-Battletech-A-Time-of-War-Extension

There will be no more updates on this post.