PDA

View Full Version : Adventure deck configuration not available

CarstenB
May 27th, 2014, 18:56
Hi everybody,

after playing a campaign without using the adventure deck for several months, I wanted to go back using it. In the meantime, I changed from Windows XP to Windos 7 (64 bit) on a new desktop PC.

However, upon starting the campaign, under "campaign details", the "Adventure deck configuration" has a red "x" beside it and can not be chosen.

The complete "AdventureDeckConfig" folder is placed under AppData/Roaming/FantasyGrounds/extensions.

The Adventure deck itself works, just the configuration option is not available - it used to work fine a few month ago, however (under XP, if that might have something to do with it).

If anybody has a hint regarding the mistake I might have made, or things I could check - you would help me out of a little mess with my new campaign here...

Thanks in advance and best regards
Carsten

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 19:01
Have you entered your Fantasy Grounds website User Name and password in the "Update" section of the Fantasy Grounds settings window (accessible from the first screen of FG) and then ran an update? This should recognise which products you have assigned to your account and update them.

After doing this, start a Savage Worlds campaign and type /version in the chat window, you should see "Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.5.1 (Build 1)".

CarstenB
May 27th, 2014, 19:07
Yes, I put my username and password and ran an update. But, doing as you said, my listed version is 3.4.1 (Build 2).

Strange - what to do?

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 19:19
Sounds like your FG Website ID is not tied to your Savage Worlds ruleset purchase. Email [email protected] with details of your SW ruleset purchase and ask them to associate it with your FG user name so you can get updates.

CarstenB
May 27th, 2014, 19:41
Just did so. Indeed, in the "products" entry under "settings", only the following products are mentioned: 3.5E, 4E, CoreRPG, general-addons, Numenara, PFRPG and VortexGames.

Thinking about it, there is even something more missing than only Savage Worlds...

Thanks a lot for the hint! I hope this will solve the problem (although I wonder if the SavageWorlds ruleset and the Adventure deck have both not been updated, then why should it fail), I'll report on the outcome!

CarstenB
May 27th, 2014, 20:50
The support team of FG was very fast (thanks for that!) - update to version 3.5.1 done and working fine. Thanks to Trenloe for the tip, some other updates have been performed now, too. Great.

However, the Adventure Deck configuration still doesn't work (same as described above, no changes). Mhhh. Any more ideas from the community? Might be just a stupid mistake from my side, but which one?

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 20:53
EDIT: Please ignore.

Ikael
May 28th, 2014, 00:02
In Adventure Deck configuration extension check extension.xml file and make sure dependency name does not include whitespaces. Ie: should be AdventureDeck helps?

The support team of FG was very fast (thanks for that!) - update to version 3.5.1 done and working fine. Thanks to Trenloe for the tip, some other updates have been performed now, too. Great.

However, the Adventure Deck configuration still doesn't work (same as described above, no changes). Mhhh. Any more ideas from the community? Might be just a stupid mistake from my side, but which one?

Ryo
May 28th, 2014, 00:03
Dleted. Please don't mind.

CarstenB
May 28th, 2014, 06:17
That's the trick as it seems - worked out perfectly!
Thanks a lot Ikael. I wouldn't have found out on my own in this life....