PDA

View Full Version : Token(s)

dr_venture
May 27th, 2014, 03:48
Just putzing around and figured I'd share some stuff I've created. Well, a "stuff" for now, but I suspect there may be more at some point. First, here's a big ol' anaconda token and a necrophidius token.

To the best of my knowledge, these are tokens I *think* I made myself... but my brain might be getting foggy - please, by all means, if you see a token posted here that is available elsewhere, let me know and I'll remove it immediately.

dr_venture
May 27th, 2014, 03:54
Some undersea critters.

dr_venture
May 27th, 2014, 03:57
More underwater critters

JohnD
May 27th, 2014, 04:46
Nice thanks for sharing.

dr_venture
May 27th, 2014, 04:49
The last of the sea turtles, and a Yellow Musk Creeper just for fun :)

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 05:38
Great! Thanks for sharing. Would you mind putting them all in a module?!? :D

dr_venture
May 27th, 2014, 05:42
Funny you should mention it, I actually have a module waiting to see the light of day... *cough*. Perhaps the Steam frenzy will quiet down enough to see it surface :P *cough cough*

ballan4
May 27th, 2014, 06:00
I'd be interested in a module for your tokens, I'm hoping it surfaces soon

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 06:01
There's been a bit of a token explosion on the FG store recently! :o

dr_venture
May 27th, 2014, 07:19
Heh, no, I haven't done a token module. I couldn't sell any of this, as it's heavily based on found images. I'm certainly working them over and re-purposing them, but it wouldn't be right to sell them. I don't think it's giving anything away that I shouldn't to say that the module I've finished up is a port of Troll Lord's Classic Monsters for C&C and am waiting for the Smiteguys to get their heads above water long enough to give it the once over (twice) and make it available. That's a happy problem for them, though, as the Steam launch has really gotten them bizzay. In the meantime, the tokens I'm happy to share as I knock 'em together :)

Tiqon
May 27th, 2014, 21:28
While I think the tokens are very nice dr_venture (thanks for sharing :)) I was wondering what kind of game you run where your players actually have to fight sea turtles... could they be... evil sea turtles? Or invasion of the sea turtles? Maybe you play "Finding Nemo"? those turtles were tooootally aaaawsome maaaan.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 21:30
They're mutants and ninjas...

Tiqon
May 27th, 2014, 21:31
ahhhh

JohnD
May 27th, 2014, 23:01
The last of the sea turtles, and a Yellow Musk Creeper just for fun :)

Ooh Yellow Musk Creeper. Means Yellow Musk zombies too. Ideas percolating....

dr_venture
May 28th, 2014, 21:19
what kind of game you run where your players actually have to fight sea turtles... could they be... evil sea turtles?

Heh - good question! Maybe there are proton cannons in their shells? Perhaps they are camouflaged submarines for sea gnomes, and their shell flips up to allow access for the pilots? Actually, I think I just happened upon a good overview image of a sea turtle while working on other tokens and made it just because of reasons. Overview images aren't always easy to come by, depending on the animal, so I just made it while I had the opportunity.

Ooh Yellow Musk Creeper. Means Yellow Musk zombies too. Ideas percolating....

I actually have some tokens I've made by combining or modifying other tokens (like adding a 2nd head to a giant and making an ettin), but they are based off of other people's tokens, so it feels like I'd be crossing an ethical line (if only an internal one) by sharing them. But don't yellow musk zombies look just like the person before they were zombified? Also, the plant should probably have some tendrils so it looks less like the garden plant it actually is... but whadda ya want for free? :D

Oh, by the way, here's a giant wasp, too.

dr_venture
May 31st, 2014, 20:00
Have some ants - IN YO PANTS! No, seriously, here's some ants: