PDA

View Full Version : Art, Language, Other Skills that you define not calculating base value

Bazil Remblai
May 27th, 2014, 03:03
Is anyone else having trouble with the Custom Skills for Art, Language, Craft and Pilot skills not calculating Base Value?

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2014, 04:14
I'm not at my computer right now, but I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Can you provide me with steps to recreate the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
JPG

Bazil Remblai
May 27th, 2014, 04:53
As the GM > Open a character sheet > Skills Page > Edit List > Add Art Skill > Name the Skill

The base value stays as 0. It should be 5. This goes for all added skills like this.

Also, there is no Hand to Hand skills listed in the skill sheet. Though it is not in the actual sheet, could these options be added in the same manner as Art Skills or just listed like the ranged skills? I can add them myself I believe, but it would be nice to see them there for everyone I would think.

PS : I found you guys though Steam, bravo! Can't wait to see what you add next!

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 05:48
As the GM > Open a character sheet > Skills Page > Edit List > Add Art Skill > Name the Skill

The base value stays as 0. It should be 5. This goes for all added skills like this.
Yeah, all skills added via the menu at the top (art, craft, other language and pilot) do not include the relevant base chance.

Also, there is no Hand to Hand skills listed in the skill sheet. Though it is not in the actual sheet, could these options be added in the same manner as Art Skills or just listed like the ranged skills? I can add them myself I believe, but it would be nice to see them there for everyone I would think.
The hand-to-hand skills are shown on the "Main" tab in the "Melee" section at the bottom.

Bazil Remblai
May 27th, 2014, 12:56
Yeah, all skills added via the menu at the top (art, craft, other language and pilot) do not include the relevant base chance.

The hand-to-hand skills are shown on the "Main" tab in the "Melee" section at the bottom.

In retrospect, I can see why the melee skills were not added to the skills portion of the sheet. The sheer amount of available options linking with the combat side would be a nightmare from the coding aspect.

The Art, Pilot, ect skills from the top menu however still confuse me. In the code, they have a base value set. EX: ["Pilot"] = { sublabeling=true, base=1},

I believe that it has something to do with the record_char_skills.xml and the char_skilllist.lua

This code is part of the record_char_skills.xml

<script>
function onButtonPress()
window.skills.addNewInstance("Pilot");
end
</script>

Is there a way to pass the base 5 variable to the addNewInstance function in char_skilllist.lua ? I am working on deciphering this myself, but I am unfamiliar with the scripting type. If this were PHP and SQL I'd be done in a heartbeat.

damned
May 27th, 2014, 14:08
I found you guys though Steam, bravo!
I am working on deciphering this myself, but I am unfamiliar with the scripting type. If this were PHP and SQL I'd be done in a heartbeat.

Welcome!
and Lua is a different beast all together!

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 16:02
This problem will be fixed in the next release currently in testing: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20847-Beta-release-v3-0-4&p=176204&viewfull=1#post176204

In addition, and intro to FG LUA is found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/scripting.xcp

Bazil Remblai
May 27th, 2014, 16:13
Fantastic! Thank you for the heads up. If that post was there all along, I apologize that I missed it. I look forward to the release.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2014, 16:24
Fantastic! Thank you for the heads up. If that post was there all along, I apologize that I missed it.
It was only released last night - M_W (the main FG developers) must have picked up on this thread and included a fix very quickly.