PDA

View Full Version : Images not loading for specific player.

TalonKaine
May 25th, 2014, 14:19
Greetings FG Community,

So I seen a post about this topic before but I can't seem to find it, so going to ask the question here. The issue I'm having is every week during my GURPS session my buddy Nick will never get any of the images I share, it just says loading... whereas my other players get it instantly. I've tried also dragging the image icon up to his portrait but that won't load either... Usually a game will start and the first image or two will load for Nick instantly.. but by about the third image or so they stop loading for him. My photos I'm sharing are small in file size and dimensions and should pop up instantly. The player with issues has high speed internet and should get such a tiny image instantly.

Both myself (GM) and Nick (player) cleared out Cache in FG with the Nuke button. He then re-downloaded the game files from me. This still did not fix the issue.

I've noticed this with other groups as well. For example I play as a player character in another GURPs game and in that game there is another player (Kris) who cannot get images to load from the GM (John).

I am wondering if this is a GURPs related problem? Or is it a FG problem?

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what my two groups can do to get this problem resolved? Because as of now I have to send my photos through Skype to Nick each game, which takes away from of the Tabletop flavor imo.

Thanks in advance to any who reply.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2014, 15:07
Check on the player and GM side that network diagnostics is not enabled in the FG settings.

TalonKaine
May 25th, 2014, 15:55
Hey again Trenloe... Network Diagnostics is unchecked for both myself and my player with the issues Nick. Any other thoughts? :)

Trenloe
May 25th, 2014, 16:02
Have you checked this thread for info: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20808-Maps-not-loading-Most-of-the-time

TalonKaine
May 25th, 2014, 17:04
Yes sir read through all the posts on that thread... everything they tried I have also tried. Weird thing is it shouldn't be related to transfer speed as all my images are the same dimension and size... they are only 400x300 pixels.. and only 150k in size. Weird thing is too.. that one game my player Nick will load the graphic instantly. Then we'll play again a week later and I'll share the same image again and it will not load for him.

Griogre
May 25th, 2014, 18:23
When its just one person with a problem its almost always connection or cache problems. And it its often that connection problems lead to bad cache data. In addition to the standard things, if the player is on a wireless connection then have him try a wired connection and see if it matters. If he is on a wired connection have him take a look at his cable see if there are any problems or better swap it with one he knows works. Its almost never the cable but when you do have one go bad its the last thing people suspect. :p