PDA

View Full Version : Macro Buttons Not Updating

greyhoundgames
May 25th, 2014, 00:38
Macro hotkey buttons do not update to what they were dragged from. For example if BAB changes they do not reflect this change.
If this is too hard to fix, what about remembering where they came from and just having a button to regenerate all hotkey buttons?

Thanks! Great product. Also A suggestion, make DM rolls not hidden, but totally invisible. It helps not meta game as to why my DM is rolling.

Andraax
May 25th, 2014, 00:54
Also A suggestion, make DM rolls not hidden, but totally invisible. It helps not meta game as to why my DM is rolling.

I break my players of this habit by rolling randomly rolling for no reason, then later on using some of those rolls when the players don't expect it. This way, the roll is not tied to when it happens. Just put common die rolls on a hotkey, and hit it periodically during play. Then, when you actually need to use a roll, just scroll the chat window back and use one of the previous rolls.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2014, 00:58
Macro hotkey buttons do not update to what they were dragged from.
That's the way it works I'm afraid. The hotkey is static there is no link to where the original data came from. You need to re-drag the relevant entry when it changes.

greyhoundgames
May 25th, 2014, 01:06
That's the way it works I'm afraid. The hotkey is static there is no link to where the original data came from. You need to re-drag the relevant entry when it changes.

Right, is there a place to request a new feature then? As far as the rolling, this should be pretty easy to implement. Just don't tell the client about this action at all.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2014, 01:07
Right, is there a place to request a new feature then?
There sure is: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/