PDA

View Full Version : RMC Errors

GunnarGreybeard
May 24th, 2014, 18:14
Ok, I finally have enough free time to try and get back into some FG games, set up FG on my steam account and fired up the RMC Ruleset to run through and get re-familiar with things. Once doing that I ran an update but I'm getting some errors here.

GunnarGreybeard
May 24th, 2014, 18:20
Anyway, at first I was getting the "Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file ref/ref_basicclasses.xml - Error on line 4279: Error reading end tag" error but got that resolved by editing the /ref/ref_basicclasses.xml file file but now when clicking on the Skills tab (brand new character in a brand new campaign) I am getting the following;

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/sortablelist.lua"]:161: registerMenuItem: Invalid slot position argument(s)

I have not really fired up a new or previous campaign but I have been trying to regularly update as any updates have come out, just haven't had time to actually play. I'm worried about running onto more errors as I root around and this becoming a continual issue. Is there a preferred way to delete, download and reinstall the latest RMC Ruleset that would make sure everything is update to date and ready to go?

EDIT: I see there is a Version 1.6 mentioned in some other thread, I currently have 1.5.5. Is that a problem?

GunnarGreybeard
May 24th, 2014, 18:46
Ok, disregard. I think I'm good to go now. I have RMC version 1.6.1 showing in the chat window and not seeing any errors anymore.

Dakadin
May 24th, 2014, 20:57
There were some errors with 1.5.5 with FG v3 that 1.6.1 resolved. Glad to hear it is working for you but please let me know if you encounter any issues with 1.6.1.

thiha
August 3rd, 2014, 18:31
There were some errors with 1.5.5 with FG v3 that 1.6.1 resolved. Glad to hear it is working for you but please let me know if you encounter any issues with 1.6.1.

Hi, there. I'd like to ask one thing. I have the similar problem too, i.e. receiving error message when I try to log in. So, I've just re-downloaded the RMC ruleset installer at DriveTHRUrpg.com, where I bought it, and have tried to create a new RMC campaign on FG, ... in vain. Still the same error message.

Have the file available at DriveTHRUrpg/RPGnow been update to v1.6.1?
If not, I guess all the new purchasers of the RMC ruleset at DriveTHRUrpg/RPGnow would probably face the same problem with me...

thiha
August 3rd, 2014, 18:57
I've just tried the solution described in the thread RMC 1.5.5 and FGIII (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20447-RMC-1-5-5-and-FGIII), but it still fails. I guess it's because I bought it at the DriveTHRUrpg/RPGnow, and not here. Hope there is another solution to solve this, any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Dakadin
August 3rd, 2014, 20:30
If you start up Fantasy Grounds and push the Settings button you can enter your Fantasy Grounds license, user name and password and it will download the latest versions of anything you've purchased. I am not familiar with how it works with DriveThruRPG so they might have to link your Fantasy Grounds account here with your license key. Send an email to [email protected] and they should be able to resolve it.

Moon Wizard
August 3rd, 2014, 20:32
Please enter your forum login into your FG Settings and Update again. If that doesn't work, send a note to [email protected].

Our system attempts to match email from RPGNow order to an existing FG account, but it can fail sometimes.

Regards,
JPG

thiha
August 4th, 2014, 14:42
Hi, Dakadin and Moon Wizard,

Thanks for your kind advice, I really appreciate it!

I've just come back from work, and just tried that solution again, loggin into my FG Setting with my account name and passwrd, and "Update" again. But the outcome is still the same. Rolemaster Classic ruleset won't come to the update list in the Settting window, and I still get the same error message when I try to create a new campaign with the RMC ruleset.

I'll send an email to "[email protected]" with my purchase record. Thanks again for your kind advice.

Tiqon
August 15th, 2014, 18:15
What version of RM is this? When you try to create a new campaign, what does it say in the description below? 1.6.1? 1.5.5? or?

Tiqon
August 15th, 2014, 18:16
Hmm guess 1.5.5 :). I hope sending an email to support helped :).

thiha
August 25th, 2014, 09:24
Hi, Tiqon

Sorry for my late reply. The version had indicated "1.5.1" before I emailed to "[email protected]" for further help.

The FG support crew matched my purchase information to their purchasers list, and advised me to retry the update process, and that worked. The RMC ruleset now shows "Release: 1.6," successfully updated.

Thanks for your comment!
Masaki

Tiqon
August 25th, 2014, 09:26
Fantastic! Hope you have fun! :).

Arion
December 7th, 2014, 20:41
The RPGNow file is still the 1.5 version, and is producing the errors. Is it ICE responsible for updating the file there?

Updating the software doesn't update this ruleset, and i would like to have another play around with it.

Tiqon
December 7th, 2014, 21:11
Try starting your FG, and click "settings". Do you see a product in the product area where it say DGA080 (which is RM if Im not mistaken)? If not, your RM is not attached to your FG login and will not be updated. I think support can help you do that.