PDA

View Full Version : Friday D&D 4E High Heroic to Paragon Game, 7:30 PM - 12:30 AM Pacific (UTC -8 )

Griogre
May 22nd, 2014, 16:08
I recently had a player drop out of my weekly Friday game and I am looking for a replacement. We're currently finishing up an old Dungeon module Sleeper in the Tomb of Dreams so if you have read or run this module this would not be a fun game for you. The player dropping out was running a leader so I would like the replacement to also run a leader type character. You'd start at the same level and XP as the rest of the characters.

I am looking for an experienced D&D 4E player as the party is currently almost 9th level and looking to make one last run into paragon before 5E is released. This is too high a level game for a beginning player and it would not be fair to either the group or a beginning player to allow one into this game now. The player should be mature, dependable and able to contribute to the game. It’s ok if you are new to FG, though you must be willing to learn to use the 4E and eventually the 5E ruleset.

Only races, classes, feats and powers from the Player’s Handbook, Player’s Handbook 2, Heroes of the Fallen Lands, Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms, Martial Power, Martial Power 2, Divine Power, Arcane Power or Primal Power are allowed (so all PH's *except* PH3 and all splats *except* Psionic Power, no dragon magazines). No weapon types out of AV (ie Spiked Gauntlet, Fullblade).

When 5E, comes out I plan to switch over and run the starter set module and Tyranny of Dragons set and then decide if we'll continue with 5E or something else. This is a long term game that has been running for years, so if you are looking for a long term, stable game this is a good group for you. I run a mix of my own stuff or modules and if someone else wants to co-DM or run a few adventures, that's fine too. I've been running D&D and other RPGs since the mid '70s so I’m an experienced GM.

You will need a working head set and teamspeak as we use voice chat to handle rules questions and OOC. I use voice to narrate setting, combat and other information. I have the Full version of FG so you will need at least the Lite version of FG or better to play. You'll also need to join this group's Yahoo group so you can stay in communication with the rest of the group.

If you are interested in joining the group, please respond to the post or PM me.

Note: This is a very late night game if you are not near the West Coast of North America or in New Zealand or Australia.

Unbutu
May 23rd, 2014, 15:19
I think we should talk ! I been trough 4e so much that the only trouble I should have is to not optimise the character too much :P I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but I'd like to find a group to stick with, if we get along !

The hours are fine for me even tough I'm in UCT-5, I have a nightbird sleep schedule.

Playing the leader role is fine for me, I really enjoy the combat in 4e and I'm looking foward to see how it is on Fantasy Grounds.

Griogre
May 23rd, 2014, 15:41
I sent you a PM. When would you like to get together and talk? We can do so before the game tonight on TS if you wish.

Unbutu
May 23rd, 2014, 18:17
Yeah I'll try to be around in those hours. Sent PM .

Troy47
May 26th, 2014, 05:58
Interested in the group. I've done 4e, but I wouldn't call myself an expert, so not sure if I'm the right fit or not. I've done 3e, 2e, etc. and dm'd my own stuff, so I'm not a newbie either. Let me know if you're interested and we can chat.

Griogre
May 30th, 2014, 17:46
Hi Troy, I afraid the game is now full. Sorry. I can PM you if another opening comes up.

Unbutu
June 14th, 2014, 08:13
I tried out with them for the past weeks. They are very laid back guys, very focused on Roll and killing monsters. The GM is enthousiastic with his descriptions. If you want to join a hack and slash lvl 9 (and counting) group, this is a good spot for you.

edit:ninja'd

Griogre
June 18th, 2014, 07:25
Sadly, things didn't work out with Unbutu so I'm looking for one player for this game. The characters are now 9th level and just finishing the module.

Griogre
June 29th, 2014, 20:28
Thanks for the interest the opening is not closed.