PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon D&D Campaign Maybe

Nerdbot9k
May 22nd, 2014, 15:36
I'm wanting to get a pokemon campaign ready, I don't care if I DM or not really I just think it sounds like an awesome idea. Thoughts?

Nerdbot9k
May 22nd, 2014, 15:38
Keep in mind I still have to translate all the stats and such so any help with such things would be appreciated, and will take quite a while.

PuckStoper35
May 23rd, 2014, 19:12
Dude that is an awesome idea if you need help make a few posts here too https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Pathfinder_RPG i and a few other people would be more than willing to help or play!

Nerdbot9k
May 25th, 2014, 18:54
Thing is I don't have a plethora of time these days really what I need help with is the translation of pokemon stats to D&D/Pathfinder format, sense that's the most time consuming part. but once that's done I can have a campaign ready in just a few days. I already have the base rules. I'm using the same classes from 3.5/Pathfinder but with slight mods and it will be more of a 3-4 person campaign rather than 5-6.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2014, 18:58
Thing is I don't have a plethora of time these days really what I need help with is the translation of pokemon stats to D&D format, sense that's the most time consuming part.
Some have been done here: https://www.scshop.com/~ritaxis/pokedex.html

Nerdbot9k
May 25th, 2014, 19:19
Thank you, this helps a lot. The concept is that instead of the monster manual monsters I'll use only pokemon, you will make your character as you normally would and you may fight pokemon and NPCs as you and/or use your pokemon, only unlike in the handheld games each trainer may only ever have one pokemon unless you are a trainer or breeder, these two classes are custom and will have little to no fighting ability of there own. The time setting will be long before the time of the games or cartoons however there will still be gyms, tournaments, and badges, ect. Also I will have a main story aside from the normal "Master pokemon trainer" story.