PDA

View Full Version : NPC, note, etc data not saving upon exit....please help!

tchilders
May 22nd, 2014, 04:57
I have turned off all extensions, and I am running a 3.5e rule set. I had this problem before so I turned off an extension and it started working again. Now it is happening again, and I can't figure out what is happening now.

When I log out, all extensions I turned off are back on and all character, npc, etc data is gone! I just bought this program and spent all night last night adding npcs and such. I want to use it, but I am very displeased right now.

Can anyone help?

damned
May 22nd, 2014, 05:22
Have you entered the license key?
The demo wont keep changes.
Lets make sure we resolve this before you do and lose more work.
Just make small changes and log out/in to test each time.

Did you install using all the default paths?
It could be a permissions issue if you used custom file paths?

Try also "right click and run as administrator" to launch FG and see if that changes anything?

What AV program are you using?

tchilders
May 22nd, 2014, 05:26
Yes I have purchased and used the license key, I have made changes but they intermittently decided to stop saving.
I will try running as admin, also I installed in the default path in program files.
I don't know what you mean by AV program.

tchilders
May 22nd, 2014, 05:30
It is working now, I had folders within folders for images on my campaign. I took all those out and it works. I don't know why that would have an impact...

damned
May 22nd, 2014, 05:38
Hi tchilders - try using different tabs and also using modules to help keep your images organised. im not sure if FG supports sub folders. cant check right now.

Try this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpdpSmbbnQg&list=PLsgd1zJLdiKUrEd85Dqr6UcaaLvD7YlJd&index=3 3mins long and I think it shows creating new tabs etc.

damned
May 22nd, 2014, 05:40
Its around 1:55 mark in video above - but this video which is images also shows it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WoIFsYRFbE&list=PLsgd1zJLdiKUrEd85Dqr6UcaaLvD7YlJd&index=4

bishop2kb3
January 3rd, 2016, 23:50
im having this same issue. ive checked all my folders in the campaign but i can't find any sub folders. i do have a fair few (20+) sub folder in my tokens. ill try deleting them and see is this fix's the issue.

Trenloe
January 4th, 2016, 05:00
im having this same issue. ive checked all my folders in the campaign but i can't find any sub folders. i do have a fair few (20+) sub folder in my tokens. ill try deleting them and see is this fix's the issue.
Try running Fantasy Grounds as Administrator. Right-click on the FG startup icon and select "Run as Administrator".