PDA

View Full Version : Demo Game: The One Ring (Thurs 22nd May, 8pm UK time)

Valarian
May 22nd, 2014, 00:34
One-shot session game for The One Ring.
Pre-generated Characters. Text Chat.

Ultimate license so demo players can play.
6 player slots available.

Alias: infirm ogre cold bard

International Time Check
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=The+One+Ring&iso=20140522T20&p1=297&ah=3

fatalnightshade
May 22nd, 2014, 01:02
the one ring? as in lord of the ring setting?

GenesisX
May 22nd, 2014, 01:11
The One Ring, as per the Cubicle 7 RPG:

https://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/

It is set in Middle-Earth, in the interim between the death of Smaug and the War of the Ring.

fatalnightshade
May 22nd, 2014, 01:36
oh thanks ^-^

Callum
May 22nd, 2014, 09:20
I'm interested! I'm not 100% sure I'll be available, unfortunately. I'll keep you posted.

lumito
May 22nd, 2014, 15:35
I'm interested as well :)
But do I have to download the modules pregame or do they get installed automatically ?

Btw. Teamspeak or skype?

Valarian
May 22nd, 2014, 15:36
Just Fantasy Grounds (Demo, Lite or Full). I'll probably start up around 7:30pm to allow time for downloading.

Valarian
May 22nd, 2014, 19:22
Server is up for the game tonight.
Alias: infirm ogre cold bard

Callum
May 23rd, 2014, 09:42
I'd like to thank Valarian for running this session, which I really enjoyed! It would have been nice to have a couple more players, but - on the other hand - it meant we got to ask lots of questions. Sorry if that slowed the session down too much, Valarian...

In any case, it's really rekindled my interest in The One Ring ruleset. I like the approach they've used, and I'm going to look at buying the rules now. Valarian's FG ruleset is great-looking, too. (I did wonder whether it would be worth having some sort of broad indicator for how wounded foes are in the Combat Tracker, like in the 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets?)

Thanks again!

Valarian
May 23rd, 2014, 11:01
I generally use effects to indicate status type stuff - like Weary. Some sort of red/amber/green indicator might be nice though. Would have to work differently for PCs and adversaries.