PDA

View Full Version : Does the player need the ruleset too?

Jan
May 21st, 2014, 12:43
If I host a game with the savageworld3 ruleset and I want players to join, do they need to buy the ruleset too?

Thanks!

dulux-oz
May 21st, 2014, 12:45
Nope, only the GM needs the Ruleset. The Players will automatically download everything they need from the GM's computer (the Host) when they connect.

For additional info, see my Tutorial Videos (the links in my Sig, below, or they're also on the Wiki).

Cheers

Doswelk
May 21st, 2014, 18:48
Nope, only the GM needs the Ruleset. The Players will automatically download everything they need from the GM's computer (the Host) when they connect.
Whilst that is correct, due to licensing with Pinnacle if a player wants to have access to the ruleset when not connected to the GM they need their own copy of the Player's guide, but when connected they can use the GMs.

Jan
May 22nd, 2014, 05:25
Thanks for your reply. Ive got another related question. I used the enhanced library extension and made a book with a few entries myself. What will i have to do so my players can also download that?

Thanks!

dulux-oz
May 22nd, 2014, 05:29
Have it loaded as part of Ruleset when you first start your GM's version of the Campaign - again, it will download to the Players automatically when then connect.

However, if they want access to it while not connected to you, then they will need their own copy. Assuming there is no Copyright issues, give them the Extension File, they put it with any other Extensions they have in their Extensions folder under the Fantasy Grounds Data folder, and away they go.

(Again, all explained in my Tutorial Vids - shameless plug intended :) )

Keep those questions coming

Cheers

Mask_of_winter
May 22nd, 2014, 13:07
Thanks for your reply. Ive got another related question. I used the enhanced library extension and made a book with a few entries myself. What will i have to do so my players can also download that?

Thanks!

Make sure you've exported the module as "common". Then, in your "campaign" open up that module as you would open up a book, that will give yourself access to it. To make sure your players get access to module, "force load it" by applying the force load icon. But like dulux-oz said, they won't have access to the module when not connected to you. You would have to give them that ".mod" file for them to access it through the "manage character" feature.

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2014, 16:06
But like dulux-oz said, they won't have access to the module when not connected to you. You would have to give them that ".mod" file for them to access it through the "manage character" feature.
And you'd have to export the module as "Client" to be able to use it in Manage Characters.