PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Ground Software Issues

DFang
May 20th, 2014, 23:01
My FG program keeps freezing up during initiative or other attempt to move tokens on a map, both in fullscreen and window mode... I've tried Live & Dev settings with and without compatibility to XP, but it still happens. To mitigate, I keep minimizing the map window and doing rolls, but sometimes when I move my token it freezes up before I can minimize the map again before rolling attack and damage.

Does anyone know how I can solve this issue? I can't plan things properly with the map down.

I'm playing PFRPG fyi.

PC Parameters:
Processor - Core i5 2.53GHz
RAM - 8GB
OS - Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Video Card - Radeon HD 5870

Trenloe
May 20th, 2014, 23:08
Are you running FG through Steam? If so, disable the steam overlay for Fantasy Grounds.

DFang
May 20th, 2014, 23:53
No, just the normal FG program directly downloaded from here.

Trenloe
May 20th, 2014, 23:56
Try disabling anti aliasing on your graphics card.

DFang
May 21st, 2014, 00:02
OK, thanks... I'll keep that in mind during my next round of play

damned
May 21st, 2014, 00:32
have you got network diagnostics turned on? If so - dont....

Zeus
May 21st, 2014, 17:25
My FG program keeps freezing up during initiative or other attempt to move tokens on a map, both in fullscreen and window mode... I've tried Live & Dev settings with and without compatibility to XP, but it still happens. To mitigate, I keep minimizing the map window and doing rolls, but sometimes when I move my token it freezes up before I can minimize the map again before rolling attack and damage.

Does anyone know how I can solve this issue? I can't plan things properly with the map down.

I'm playing PFRPG fyi.

PC Parameters:
Processor - Core i5 2.53GHz
RAM - 8GB
OS - Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Video Card - Radeon HD 5870

When you say freeze, do you mean FG becomes unresponsive and then eventually springs back into life or do you mean it freezes and remains frozen?

You can try this to see if the CT entries have some old or stale token linking data thats causing FG to lock up.

Backup your campaign folder.
Delete all the entries in the CombatTracker, close all maps and then close the CombatTracker window.
Type /save in the chat window to save the campaign.
Now, re-open the CombatTracker and drag your PCs into the CombatTracker window. Make sure all the entries are populated and each has a token.
Open a Map.
Drag the Friend icon (bottom of the CombatTracker window) onto the map - this should auto add all PC tokens to the Map.
Type /save in the chat window to save the campaign.

Now try moving one of your PC tokens on the map - do you get the same problem. If not, continue with adding one NPC at a time to the CT and then adding that entry to the map and testing movement until you either hit the locking up problem or you complete adding all your NPCs.

If you get to a particular NPC that causes a problem - check for any differences between this NPC (missing fields?) and the others. If you get through all the NPCs and PCs with no problem, I would suggest the problem was stale CT data (always generally a good idea to refresh the CT following an update to FG or the ruleset).

DFang
May 22nd, 2014, 05:03
Thanks for this, I'll try it out when I get home later.

The freeze is permanent. I have to forcefully close FG then open it again.
I have a feeling your right about CT. I have nevered cleared out any data so far.