PDA

View Full Version : Can I reset an adventure?

Luft
May 20th, 2014, 20:40
After an adventure has ended can I reset it so that for the next group shared items are not shared etc?

Trenloe
May 20th, 2014, 21:13
My main recommendation if you think that you will use an adventure for another group, make a copy of the campaign folder before you run the adventure.

However, if you want to clear out the shared items etc. there are a few steps you need to take:

Type /flushdb in the chat window.
Go to the Characters list, right click on each character that has an owners and select "Clear Owner".
Go to each individual campaign list (story, images, etc.) and left-click on any (P) or (S) icons in the list - this will remove the sharing for that item. If you have multiple tabs in your lists remember to go to each tab and remove the (S) and (P) icons.

Griogre
May 20th, 2014, 22:22
As a general rule, if you know you are going to reuse adventures its usually a good idea to export the adventure to a separate module so you can just include it when you are running it for one group and release it when you are finished, keep the scenario data the same for the next group. This also has the advantage you could run the same scenario at the same time for more than one group.

damned
May 20th, 2014, 22:56
As a general rule, if you know you are going to reuse adventures its usually a good idea to export the adventure to a separate module so you can just include it when you are running it for one group and release it when you are finished, keep the scenario data the same for the next group. This also has the advantage you could run the same scenario at the same time for more than one group.

^ do this.

Callum
May 21st, 2014, 10:02
I always create adventures as modules anyway, even if I don't think I'm likely to re-use them. It's helpful if you're running a long campaign, as it means your campaign database doesn't get too bloated.

To be clear, you would create a campaign with just the PCs in, and then open the adventure module you want to run those PCs through inside that campaign.