PDA

View Full Version : Tales from Caribdus (A 50 Fathoms Blog)

GenesisX
May 20th, 2014, 02:04
We just started our 50 Fathoms campaign, using Fantasy Grounds. As one of my house rules, I asked the players to keep a blog of their adventures - with each journal entry being worth a free benny for the next game session. If all 5 of my players post in the interval between games, each of them gets a bonus experience point. (Go go peer pressure!).

You can find the blog here:

https://caribdus.blogspot.de/

Spoiler Warning! We are using elements from the plot point campaign. If you intend to play 50 Fathoms in the future, you might spoil your experience reading this!

Anyhow, I thought you guys might be interested in the blog. It will hopefully fill up with regular entries in the coming weeks. Enjoy.

Mask_of_winter
May 20th, 2014, 02:57
Glad it's working for your group. Tried something similar for my Deadlands group and it didn't work out :( lol

Btw, our group is in the middle of the Maiden Voyage right now and they are getting their butts kicked lol

GenesisX
May 20th, 2014, 03:25
The group got incredibly lucky when Sira, the gunsmith, rolled a triple raise damage result against the monkape. Hopefully you'll be able to read how Krastus, our jingoistic Scurillian, used his wind magic to take out 3 red men at once later this week.

Overall, our session went well. I am surprised how easy FG is to handle for someone fairly new to it. It is an incredible asset to have.

GenesisX
June 10th, 2014, 11:04
The blog has seen several updates as game sessions progress. Again the warning: does contain spoilers to the 50 Fathoms campaign. Although the players chose to ignore the plot point hooks.