PDA

View Full Version : Attention new commers! Demo Game + GM workshop (Savage Worlds)

Mask_of_winter
May 20th, 2014, 01:07
***Update***
If you haven't been approved as a player on the calendar it's a good idea to show up anyway. From previous experience, there's often one or two no shows for one shot games. So come on the TS server 15-30mins and who knows. Here's a link to the community TS server and info to get a client if you dont already have one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

10pm UTC -4 for players, for GMs, places are unlimited and it will start at 12am.

If you've recently installed the FG demo or purchased a license and are looking to try it out this thread may be for you!

To take advantage of the coming holiday here in the USA I volunteer to run a demo followed by a workshop for GM on Sunday the 25th at 10pm EDT. Before Damned scolds me for not using UTC time here's how you can find what time this would be in your neck of the woods https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140526T0200

Event Name: A Cauldron Full of Mischief
Calendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1183
Description: What does spider monkeys, energy drinks and a bowling alley have in common? Join me in this crazy urban fantasy tale as an amateur vigilante/neighbourhood watch comes to the aid of a friend of theirs who's roommate has gone missing, to find out.
Spots: There is a minimum of 3 players and maximum of 5 players.
Ruleset: Savage Worlds
Genre: Modern Urban Action Fantasy
Requirements: FG installed, TeamSpeak installed, mic/headset and an old furry pickle to play fetch with.
Duration: 2+ hours (see below)

No experience with either FG or Savage Worlds is needed and Pre-Generated characters will be available. I teach this game on this platform all the time and never failed to deliver a fun experience. This is not a tournament event. You don't need to be an expert to shine. We will use TeamSpeak for voice chat. This adventure offers investigation, NPC interaction and of course an over the top battle the likes of Ron Burgundy and the newscast teams!

The adventure will run for 2-3hrs. At the completion of the adventure I will make myself available to GM's who wish to learn the ins/outs of running a game on FG using Savage Worlds. I will go over the tools you can use, explain how I prepare my games and share tips I've learned over the years. Note: I don't run D&D or Pathfinder so unfortunately I'm cannot help you with that. I'm sure you can find more help with the fine folks over in the Pathfinder Society forums to help you with that.

If this fits your schedule and would like to attend, sign up in the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1183) and give this thread a bump by letting me know if you're interested in playing the game, attending the GM workshop or both. Connection information for FG and Teamspeak will be forwarded to you shortly before scheduled start time. If you have any questions, use this thread, who knows someone else might have the same question and I'm a kill two birds with one stone kinda guy.

ballan4
May 20th, 2014, 01:45
Hello Mask_of_Winter, I am interested in attending and will sign up shortly. I've been reading the Savage Worlds book and find that this is an interesting system. I'm looking forward to playing.
Thanks!

thedukegb
May 20th, 2014, 01:52
interested in both the game and the workshop

Taonna
May 20th, 2014, 02:07
Interested in both the game and work shop as well though I've never heard anything about savage worlds this will be a new experiance for me

Mask_of_winter
May 20th, 2014, 12:59
Only one player spot left. Spots for the GM workshop will be unlimited.

fatalnightshade
May 20th, 2014, 13:09
id love to join as a player ^-^

Mask_of_winter
May 20th, 2014, 15:11
Alright Fatalnightshade, you got the last spot!

If between now and game start something happens and you can no longer make it to the game, let me know so that someone else can get the spot.

I also would like to call all GMs to try to take a couple of hours of their time to run a demo game for this massive influx of new players we're witnessing. Let's show them what this community can do! Treat them the same way you would have wanted to be treated when you first joined. Please! I'd love to run demo all week long instead of my job, but it wouldnt pay the bills hehe

fatalnightshade
May 20th, 2014, 15:54
well it could pay the bills if you recorded the game and threw them on youtube and well okay that you also got partnered then but hey details :-p

Mask_of_winter
May 22nd, 2014, 15:02
An update to the upcoming demo has been posted in the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1183) under "GM Announcements". Please read.

Taonna
May 22nd, 2014, 20:15
I will be unable to attend due to a Real life issue that has arisen

ballan4
May 22nd, 2014, 23:50
It appears that I'm in the same boat as Taonna. Due to family issues I will not be able to attend. I might be able to be back in time for the GM's workshop though so I may be able to check in and watch that.
I was so looking forward to this too. darn time zone differences

Mask_of_winter
May 23rd, 2014, 00:06
It is Memorial day weekend afterall :)

fatalnightshade
May 23rd, 2014, 01:17
dafuq is memorial day?

thedukegb
May 23rd, 2014, 04:37
how will we be getting the info to join the game

Mask_of_winter
May 23rd, 2014, 12:46
Read the "Update" entry in the calendar, it's all in there :)

Unbutu
May 23rd, 2014, 14:57
Oh oh oh. It seems people here have real lives, wich is not a problem for me. If they drop pick me up please :)

ballan4
May 23rd, 2014, 15:06
No, we don't have real lives, we are all just figments of your imagination! LOL, Have Fun Unbutu and welcome to the community!

fatalnightshade
May 23rd, 2014, 16:29
dont see any changes to the calendar

hangarflying
May 23rd, 2014, 17:06
dafuq is memorial day?

Originally started as a day to remember those who died during the American Civil War, it has grown to encompass all wars as well as remembering lost loved-ones.

ballan4
May 23rd, 2014, 17:06
You have to click on the Update button towards the bottom and it opens up the GM's Update section

fatalnightshade
May 23rd, 2014, 18:24
Originally started as a day to remember those who died during the American Civil War, it has grown to encompass all wars as well as remembering lost loved-ones.

oh okay thats a pretty cool idea... so i can also take it its a day for all the still living war vets to meet and bitch about how the old days were better? :-p

thedukegb
May 23rd, 2014, 18:50
thank you wasn't logged in last time to check it

Mask_of_winter
May 23rd, 2014, 21:19
Denair and Unbutu added as 4th and 5th players! Welcome :)

Unbutu
May 23rd, 2014, 21:37
Yeeeeeeeehhhhaa

Mask_of_winter
May 24th, 2014, 18:16
If you haven't been approved as a player on the calendar it's a good idea to show up anyway. From previous experience, there's often one or two no shows for one shot games. So come on the TS server 15-30mins and who knows. Here's a link to the community TS server and info to get a client if you dont already have one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

10pm UTC -4 for players, for GMs, places are unlimited and it will start at 12am.

fatalnightshade
May 24th, 2014, 18:40
so gonna be one long night haha since for me that will be 2 or so am ^-^

Mask_of_winter
May 24th, 2014, 18:41
2am start or end?

JerryRig
May 24th, 2014, 18:50
Now can we get someone to mentor a GM development/mentoring session for Pathfinder content?

Mask_of_winter
May 24th, 2014, 18:56
There are a couple guys on Steam who do that. In fact, there's a GM bootcamp tonight hehe https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Pathfinder_RPG#events/1639620169980171030

fatalnightshade
May 24th, 2014, 19:13
would be 2 am start for me at least according to the calendar ^-^

Mask_of_winter
May 26th, 2014, 10:32
For those who weren't there, let me tell you something, this was a lot of fun. The group of vigilante/investigators managed to trash their friend's apartment, summon a swarm of baby zombie chicks with teeth, shoot a crossbow bolt in a teammate's leg, capture a spider monkey that gave them the finger and inadvertently eat the person they were supposed to find. Due to the success of this demo, I plan on running it again in the near future. Stay tuned!

P.S. BANANA!!!!!

Unbutu
May 26th, 2014, 11:38
Was a fun game, great animation. An excellent place to get started.

bluegoon
May 26th, 2014, 11:55
Aw man, that sounded awesome :(

Denair
May 26th, 2014, 23:34
Good times were had by all!

For those that missed it and were curious, I streamed the session on my twitch account. You can view the session at: https://www.twitch.tv/vesever/b/532232252

fatalnightshade
May 27th, 2014, 00:27
aww yeah BANANA ^-^ sadly it didn't work..

but yeah thanks for a great game and would love to play another one soon

btw awesome job streaming it now we can always relive the might of BANANA

oh and P.S i'm a marksman ^-^

ballan4
May 27th, 2014, 03:29
So, When is the next game set up?

Mask_of_winter
May 29th, 2014, 14:22
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21195-Demo-Game

Arborhawk
June 1st, 2014, 06:36
Hi, I had joined earlier but then was not sure if I needed the Savage World module, which I don't have. I have resigned up.

Mask_of_winter
June 1st, 2014, 06:44
Cool, yeah, you don't need to purchase anything but a headset/mic if you don't have one. I got you covered with everything else.