Looks like Amazon have leaked WotC D&D 5th Edition release dates:

Starter Set 7/15
Players Handbook 8/19
Hoard of the Dragon Queen Adventure 8/19
Monster Manual 9/30
The Rise of Tiamat Adventure 10/21
Dungeon Master's Guide 11/19
Deluxe DM Screen 1/20/15

Source: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_date-desc-rank?qid=1400495770&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3AWizards+RPG+Team&sort=date-desc-rank

Mellock
May 19th, 2014, 19:19
Only a little early, they're in the wizards' catalog now too: https://wizards.com/dnd/Catalog.aspx

But yeah... SQUEEEE!

Zeus
May 19th, 2014, 19:29
Indeed they have. Curious to understand when/if they plan to release PDF versions or whether you get a digital copy if you purchase the hardcopy etc.
etc.

EDIT: There's also a new range of Mini's ... :) Time to get out the 3D scanner to make some new virtual 3D mini's

Mellock
May 19th, 2014, 19:36
As much as I would love to buy the pdf's straight with my hardcopies so I won't have to type all the adventure text... they're awfully quiet on the digital front. And so far they have not offered their 4e PHB, MM and DMG on dndclassics.com either. On the other hand, they did release the last few D&D Encounters adventures solely as pdf's. I hope they start communicating a little more soon about possible online tools like the ones for 4e as well. I got pretty used to having both the character builder and the compendium handy.

Mellock
May 19th, 2014, 19:41
A post on ENworld (https://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?1631-Dungeons-Dragons-Starter-Set-Fantasy-Roleplaying-Fundamentals-%28D-D-Boxed-Game%29-Hits-Amazon!) has some info as well.

Zeus
May 19th, 2014, 21:07
... As much as I would love to buy the pdf's straight with my hardcopies so I won't have to type all the adventure text... they're awfully quiet on the digital front. And so far they have not offered their 4e PHB, MM and DMG on dndclassics.com either.

MMs are there. I guess they didn't bother re-releasing PHB and DM as they have the core rules in the Core Rules Compendium and the DM kit available in PDF. Things may very well change, the Kobold Press adventures is a bit of a surprise, looks like WotC have sensibly partnered and phased the content release to cut down on errata changes and improve quality.

khersheyjr
May 19th, 2014, 21:58
Those new books looks awesome! got my starter set already pre-ordered. I hope to hear something soon on the software side of things.

Irondrake
May 20th, 2014, 07:06
They kinda spoiled us with DDI. I'm hoping for updated tools for the new edition...

Zeus
May 20th, 2014, 07:19
WotC still lead new releases with hardcover books, an approach in a digital age that I cannot understand. Surely its better to lead with digital content (lower cost and faster to market), once the dust has settled then sell hardcopy editions. Numpties. Most people who I play P&P games with these days use phones, tablets and laptops for rules lookup, the days of carting volumes of books to the game table is over and has been for some time now.

Irondrake
May 20th, 2014, 13:24
Well, maybe they will be giving a free pdf away through registration...or something...one can only hope. I do all my gaming online these days, hard copy books are a hindrance to me.