PDA

View Full Version : MERP RMU Australia Weekly Time Interest

Ardem
May 19th, 2014, 06:01
Hi guys,

I am gearing up to run a MERP world on the RMU system (Rolemaster Universal), we looking at a weekly weeknight of around 9pm to 12pm. AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time +10). I understand this may only suit a limited based players due to the time zone issues.

Currently Monday or Wednesday Night.

For those not familiar with Rolemaster Universal, it is the new Rolemaster version that is in BETA testing.

Those not familiar with MERP, it stands for Middle Earth Roleplaying, which was also made by Iron Crown long ago.

Please express interest below, we would need to aim for 4-6 people. Also I plan on making these characters at Level 8, with some minor renown. Aim for a more epic feel.

Dakadin
May 23rd, 2014, 01:51
I am debating whether I can drag myself out of bed that early on a consistent basis. :confused:

Ardem
May 23rd, 2014, 02:44
Its a tough call, would love to have you but I know what early mornings are like, the upside is if you do it, you then have a large part of the day where your awake.

But I am doing it week days, that normally cancels out the working population OS. But if there is enough OS interest I can look at Saturday nights, however there will be times where I would miss a weke or two, due to RL commitments.

Dakadin
May 23rd, 2014, 03:05
The nice thing is it is early enough that I could do it before work but not too early.

uncanny337
May 23rd, 2014, 08:23
I'm in, not sure what I am going to play, probably whatever team needs will be enough. But yes looking forward to getting a start in role master once again.

Ardem
May 23rd, 2014, 08:25
Register your interest here

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1186

uncanny337
May 23rd, 2014, 08:28
Yea I'm going to cleric :D

Ardem
May 26th, 2014, 09:13
Good news I got 4 people interested very fast. Only two slots left, although I think 1 is taken by uncanny friend so might be only 1 slot left however once times are worked out then it might all change.

Dark Mullisha
June 2nd, 2014, 12:21
Hi Ardem
Sydney based here.
What has changed with the universal rules? were do you get a copy of the beta rules?
I have played v2 and have read v4.

Ardem
June 2nd, 2014, 12:22
Well I got five who have register there interest however it been difficult to get in touch with them, I left a few messages in calendar and now notifications, I will give them a few more days to replay else have to remove and look for more players. I noticed an influx of people look for games in calendar just wondering if people are over committing due to excitement. I know I was almost a bit like that when I first got FG.

Ardem
June 2nd, 2014, 12:25
Hi Dark,

The changes are not enormous however I will send a beta copy of the rules to you in a pm, they have release 3 modules. They have not released many others yet.

RMU I feel is a little push back to RMFRP however it still very streamlined, I actually like what they have done so far. Please check your messages and hopefully that will get you started.

Dark Mullisha
June 2nd, 2014, 12:27
Maybe, I got my copy on steam and I think this would have been a big boost for the system with many new players.
This is my first game I have joined.

Dark Mullisha
June 2nd, 2014, 12:30
do we role up the characters or will you be supplying a selection.
I can play any class.

Ardem
June 2nd, 2014, 12:35
do we role up the characters or will you be supplying a selection.
I can play any class.

No you will role up your own character, I think if you can get a character to level 5, however I pretty sure we start at level 8. Just want to run some play tests at 5 and make sure they will not be OP. I want to aim for epic characters.

If you need you can get my on skype on adam.sheridan, and I can get the server up for you to start the process at anytime

uncanny337
June 3rd, 2014, 09:53
No you will role up your own character, I think if you can get a character to level 5, however I pretty sure we start at level 8. Just want to run some play tests at 5 and make sure they will not be OP. I want to aim for epic characters.

If you need you can get my on skype on adam.sheridan, and I can get the server up for you to start the process at anytime

I think in regard's to rolling up characters the way in which we do stats gains should change, for example instead of 1 d3 - 1 I think it should be 1 d6 and if you roll a 1 its a stat loss which is a negative number decided bt another d6

Ardem
June 4th, 2014, 04:17
I am running rules as per RMU and do not want to deviate much from this. The 1d3-1 means it harder to get to that final part of potential, so you do not rank there quickly, this was a flaw in RM2 and FRP you could get to your potential sometimes within a few levels.

Ardem
June 4th, 2014, 04:19
Still waiting to hear back from Gramalian and Bluegoon, we still have spots available so looking for starters, I plan not to start this until we get 4-6 committed players.

Dark Mullisha
June 7th, 2014, 00:36
Ardem, I have another player, he will be ready in two weeks as he travels for his job and fly's out to Singapore this Sunday.
Has played RM 2E with me years ago.
That gives us 3 confirmed.
we will need to run up a character with him. Talk to you soon.

thanks
Darky

Ardem
June 7th, 2014, 12:38
That good news, the two above have not come back to me so I am removing them from the listing. However I have another player myself interested just need to get him signed up so that would give four players confirmed.

Dark Mullisha
June 7th, 2014, 12:56
yay

Ardem
June 10th, 2014, 06:27
Ok I have put dates in the calendar for the first game, please say ya or nay.