PDA

View Full Version : Steam + DLC Rulesets

osarusan
May 17th, 2014, 20:31
First off, congrats on getting on Steam and thanks for making it easy for us long-time users to activate it on Steam! I know a lot of people are saying this is not so important, but I think it's great news for the community, and I have very happy to have it "officially" in my Steam Library now.One question -- for those of us who have purchased rulesets for licenses etc via the Fantasy Grounds store, will there be a way to convert those into Steam DLC as well, so it shows up among our purchases and can easily by auto-installed? Or will pre-Steam ruleset/module purchases remain as they have been, just DLed from the FG store?

Griogre
May 17th, 2014, 20:55
I believe the plan is to eventually get most everything in the store up on Steam. So in time, yes, even the stuff you get out of the FG store should be able to be kept up to date by Steam. The only exceptions might be the update license sales.

osarusan
May 17th, 2014, 22:13
That is excellent. Good work on the big move. I hope being on Steam boost the FG userbase a lot. You guys deserve it.

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2014, 02:17
We sell content through multiple distribution channels (FG web site, Steam and RPG Now). Content purchased through any of those sources will be checked by the updater to get the latest version. No Steam license is required for the content.

We're in the process of making all DLC available on FG store also available inside Steam.

Cheers,
JPG