PDA

View Full Version : How to incorporate real dice rolling?

El Condoro
May 17th, 2014, 02:22
I am wondering how it would be handled in FG if a player wanted to enjoy the tactile pleasure of rolling an actual die remotely and then plugging the result into the Combat Tracker.

There are people who lament that online gaming detracts from the around-a-table joy of face-to-face RPGs but the reality is many can only play using Virtual Tabletops. Personally, I would use FG even in a face-to-face game because it handles the table-checking, modifiers and what-not so well. However, if I had a player who wanted the tactile pleasure of rolling actual dice how would I incorporate that AND keep the calculating ability of FG?

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2014, 02:47
Currently, there is no support for manually entering die results.

As a workaround, you could drop the roll in the chat window and use the resulting modifier to apply to a physical dice roll. The main drawback is that you don't get result resolution (attack vs AC, damage applied, etc) and defensive effects.

I believe there is a wish list item to add support for manually entering and/or fudging results. See my sig to vote for your desired features.

Cheers,
JPG