PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to save an ongoing session?

Luft
May 16th, 2014, 21:11
If I start an adventure but it runs long, can I save the session to be continued on another day?

Arion
May 16th, 2014, 21:21
well, when you restart it the hand-drawn maps will still be there, tokens will be where you left them, character stats (hit points etc) will be as they were and the combat tracker will still be in the same state.

The only thing i am not sure about is the chat log...

Trenloe
May 16th, 2014, 21:40
Everything gets automatically saved in the campaign database. Windows you had open when the previous session won't automatically open when you start the campaign, but their size and position will be saved so when you open them manually they should appear at the same place (as long as your FG window is the same size or similar to last time).

You start each session with a blank chat window, but the whole chat log of all sessions in the campaign so far is stored as an HTML file in the campaign directory as "chatlog.html" (cunning name).

Griogre
May 16th, 2014, 22:00
Basically in my games, I try to get to the end of a round if we are in combat but otherwise I don't worry about stopping at any particular place. One of the nice things about VTT's is all the tokens and everything stay in the same place ready for you to pickup the game whenever.