PDA

View Full Version : Is there anywhere we can request or vote for new, official DLC?

MoonlitDNC
May 16th, 2014, 04:57
I posted this over on the general discussion section of Steam, but it was also suggested I post here too, so here goes:
========

I was curious if we can request/vote for new, official DLC to be added, as I'm sure that there are still games that Fantasy Grounds doesn't exactly cover at the moment that would still be great to have.

How frequently are new, licensed sets added to FG? Fantasy Flight Games actually has a nice pile of extra Star Wars adventure books out, for example, and if I'm going to have a budget of like $50 a month for Steam games anyways, it would be awesome to have access to some of their stuff here.

Adventure books like Pathfinder's Bleeding Hollow are currently available for purchase - would it be possible to get those types of books for Star Wars like Jewel of Yavin and Beyond the Rim listed as DLC on the website here or Steam?

Beyond the Rim was released last September & I'd imagine (especially because it was their first adventure book I think) that anyone who has an intention of using it already has purchased a copy - they're even somewhat discounted on Amazon since they've been out for a while.

I would ~assume~ that a steady flow of Steam users would be enough to at least make considering a license deal seem worthwhile......I already have a copy of the books, I've been considering buying a second for friends to use, in some cases, and I'd start selling my organs to ~additionally~ have a DLC copy to play as well over my PC.

Nylanfs
May 16th, 2014, 05:30
Should you know XML and a little bit of programming....

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?11156-Want-to-produce-official-FG-products-adventures-rulesets

ddavison
May 16th, 2014, 14:24
Hello MoonlitDNC,

We are continually looking to expand our licenses. Steam sells should help us in this regard. In some cases, there may be multiple licenses at work and those have not happened yet. Often times, we get requests from the community or we have someone building a custom ruleset for their own use and then they approach us with it and ask if we can negotiate a license. There are so many games out there that it is easy for us to overlook them. Feel free to post specific requests to the forums. You'd be surprised how often one of the forum members knows someone at that publisher and can give us a name to contact or put a good word in for us.

-Doug