PDA

View Full Version : informations before buying

a.Game.of.Thrones
May 15th, 2014, 23:02
Hi i am thinking about buy fantasy grounds on steam but i need to know something before:
1)on the site i see u write fantasy grounds 2 but on steam the game is called only fantasy grounds is it the same game or the steam version is a previous version?
2)i downloaded the demo on steam but how can i try it?it asks me the host address and i saw your tutorial about finding a game and if i understood well i must make the request and after it if i am accepted i will receive the hist address but how can i join a game and play before buying the game?do i need to make the request and wait for the other players to accept me every time to play or there is a faster way to play?
Thx i'll wait for your answer .

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2014, 23:20
1) It's the same program. We dropped the number at the end when we updated to FG3.

2) Fantasy Grounds is a tool for playing pen-and-paper role-playing games with other people online.

Here are a few things you can try to see FG in action:
* You can "Load Demo Campaign" and select one of the Tale of Dinor campaigns to get an idea of what the user interface looks like with campaign information loaded.
* You can watch tutorial and playthrough videos on the Fantasy Grounds wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page).
* You can check in on the Guild Hall forum to see if any game masters are currently looking for new players in their games. If a game master has an Ultimate license for Fantasy Grounds, they can also have Demo users join their games as full-fledged clients, so you can try before buying.

Most role-playing game groups tend to organize over the forums, calendar or private message before moving to the tabletop for regular play sessions (usually weekly). There are some "living" world organizations that run one-off sessions you can drop into when available. Pathfinder Society has a strong following on the FG forums.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
JPG

damned
May 15th, 2014, 23:53
Hi again AGOT.
This is not a MMORPG or FPS style game with people dropping in and out as they please.
Role Playing Games are usually booked in advance and a session takes place amongst a group of players who are there for the whole session - and in many cases - many sessions over a long period of months.

:)

Mr. Goat
May 16th, 2014, 13:21
i also questionned before purchase. this was a mistake. i should never have questionned it. shame on me D=

damned
May 16th, 2014, 13:33
you are forgiven goat breath.

Mr. Goat
May 16th, 2014, 16:47
You will find also this forum very supportive with all your troubles you might get.